Dec 12, 2014, 5:27 PM EDT
For now at least he’s holding out for a four-year deal.
Dec 12, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
That’s the second team saying it won’t go four years for Melky.
Dec 11, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
With a void in right field, many consider the Mariners a natural fit to sign free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera. However, it’s far from a sure thing.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:17 AM EDT
Viciedo was first linked to the Mariners way back in March.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 6, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
The Mariners signed veteran slugger Nelson Cruz to a four-year, $57 million contract this week, but general manager Jack Zduriencik is still looking for ways to improve his lineup.
Dec 5, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera is now on the Mariners’ radar and seems to be a good fit for the club.
Dec 4, 2014, 3:34 PM EDT
A reporter told a fan what he — the fan — actually feels about Melky Cabrera. That’s pretty remarkable.
Dec 3, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
He’s the new Reggie Sanders, right?
Dec 2, 2014, 9:58 PM EDT
The Blue Jays appear to be planning for a future without Melky Cabrera.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
The Orioles and Markakis were having serious discussions last month about a four-year deal worth between $10-12 million per season, but little progress has been made since.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
What a concept.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
It’s an artificial turf thing.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
The Padres are sniffing around too.
Nov 20, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The White Sox are apparently one of three teams showing interest in free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera.
Nov 17, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
Melky Cabrera isn’t likely to be back with the Blue Jays after they signed Russell Martin to a big contract on Monday.
Nov 10, 2014, 5:33 PM EDT
Nov 10, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Will David Robertson accept his to stay with the Yankees? Will anyone?
Nov 7, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Teams, in practice, build the risk of PED offenders testing positive again into their offers. But apparently they need protection, even from themselves.
Nov 3, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
A total of 12 players got a qualifying offer, but will any accept?
Nov 1, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
It sounds like Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos expects outfielder Melky Cabrera to hit free agency, though he still thinks they may eventually be able to work out a deal.
Nov 1, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
Cabrera is primed to cash in as a free agent after batting .301/.351/.458 with 16 home runs and 73 RBI over 139 games this past season.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Nick Markakis is a free agent after the Orioles declined their half of a $17.5 million mutual option for the 2015 season.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 23, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
That’s quite a change from last time Cabrera hit the open market, when he managed only a two-year, $16 million contract coming off a 50-game suspension for performance-enhancing drugs.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 0
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 16
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 50
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 62
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 30
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)