Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
What a concept.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
It’s an artificial turf thing.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
The Padres are sniffing around too.
Nov 20, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The White Sox are apparently one of three teams showing interest in free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera.
Nov 17, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
Melky Cabrera isn’t likely to be back with the Blue Jays after they signed Russell Martin to a big contract on Monday.
Nov 10, 2014, 5:33 PM EDT
Nov 10, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Will David Robertson accept his to stay with the Yankees? Will anyone?
Nov 7, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Teams, in practice, build the risk of PED offenders testing positive again into their offers. But apparently they need protection, even from themselves.
Nov 3, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
A total of 12 players got a qualifying offer, but will any accept?
Nov 1, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
It sounds like Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos expects outfielder Melky Cabrera to hit free agency, though he still thinks they may eventually be able to work out a deal.
Nov 1, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
Cabrera is primed to cash in as a free agent after batting .301/.351/.458 with 16 home runs and 73 RBI over 139 games this past season.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Nick Markakis is a free agent after the Orioles declined their half of a $17.5 million mutual option for the 2015 season.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 23, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
That’s quite a change from last time Cabrera hit the open market, when he managed only a two-year, $16 million contract coming off a 50-game suspension for performance-enhancing drugs.
Oct 10, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
It’s pretty early in the process, however.
Oct 7, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Up from $14.1 million last year.
Sep 16, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
That should guarantee him around $15-16 million for 2015 should he accept it.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EDT
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 8, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT
Buster Olney, once again, offers a solution in search of a problem
Sep 6, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Melky Cabrera’s 2014 season is over as he’ll need surgery to repair his broken pinkie finger. He says he wants to return to the Blue Jays next season.
Sep 5, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
Melky Cabrera suffered a broken pinkie finger diving back into first base on Friday night against the Red Sox. He’ll need season-ending surgery to repair the damage.
Aug 11, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Melky Cabrera, meet Rod Carew.
Aug 9, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
Casey Janssen blew a save for the Blue Jays last night. Today it was Joe Nathan’s turn.
Aug 4, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Tribe walks off against Texas, MadBum was dominant and V-Mart goes yard again. Note: if you were not a baseball fan, you would have no idea what any of the stuff in the previous sentence meant. It’s just barely English, yet we all get it. Cool, huh?
Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 AM EDT
You never shoot your arrows . . . when you’re sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for shootin’ . . . when the game is done.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)