Dec 4, 2014, 3:34 PM EDT
A reporter told a fan what he — the fan — actually feels about Melky Cabrera. That’s pretty remarkable.
Dec 3, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
He’s the new Reggie Sanders, right?
Dec 2, 2014, 9:58 PM EDT
The Blue Jays appear to be planning for a future without Melky Cabrera.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
The Orioles and Markakis were having serious discussions last month about a four-year deal worth between $10-12 million per season, but little progress has been made since.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
What a concept.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
It’s an artificial turf thing.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
The Padres are sniffing around too.
Nov 20, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The White Sox are apparently one of three teams showing interest in free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera.
Nov 17, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
Melky Cabrera isn’t likely to be back with the Blue Jays after they signed Russell Martin to a big contract on Monday.
Nov 10, 2014, 5:33 PM EDT
Nov 10, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Will David Robertson accept his to stay with the Yankees? Will anyone?
Nov 7, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Teams, in practice, build the risk of PED offenders testing positive again into their offers. But apparently they need protection, even from themselves.
Nov 3, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
A total of 12 players got a qualifying offer, but will any accept?
Nov 1, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
It sounds like Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos expects outfielder Melky Cabrera to hit free agency, though he still thinks they may eventually be able to work out a deal.
Nov 1, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
Cabrera is primed to cash in as a free agent after batting .301/.351/.458 with 16 home runs and 73 RBI over 139 games this past season.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Nick Markakis is a free agent after the Orioles declined their half of a $17.5 million mutual option for the 2015 season.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 23, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
That’s quite a change from last time Cabrera hit the open market, when he managed only a two-year, $16 million contract coming off a 50-game suspension for performance-enhancing drugs.
Oct 10, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
It’s pretty early in the process, however.
Oct 7, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Up from $14.1 million last year.
Sep 16, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
That should guarantee him around $15-16 million for 2015 should he accept it.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EDT
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 8, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT
Buster Olney, once again, offers a solution in search of a problem
Sep 6, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Melky Cabrera’s 2014 season is over as he’ll need surgery to repair his broken pinkie finger. He says he wants to return to the Blue Jays next season.
Sep 5, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
Melky Cabrera suffered a broken pinkie finger diving back into first base on Friday night against the Red Sox. He’ll need season-ending surgery to repair the damage.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 9
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 14
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)