Feb 26, 2015, 10:04 AM EST
The Marins are protecting their investment.
Feb 25, 2015, 11:02 AM EST
From this week’s cover of Sports Illustrated
Feb 23, 2015, 7:08 AM EST
As history has shown, however, it’s often difficult for managers who quit to get back into baseball.
Feb 22, 2015, 7:42 PM EST
Mat Latos thinks a veteran presence can tie a young team together and pointed to the 2012 and ’13 Reds teams as examples.
Feb 21, 2015, 9:45 PM EST
As usual, teams in general won at a slightly better rate than players in arbitration hearings. 2014 saw the most arbitration hearings since 2001.
Feb 20, 2015, 4:50 PM EST
If Latos invites you to a cookout: say no.
Feb 17, 2015, 4:16 PM EST
He got into 113 games for the Marlins last year despite producing a .614 OPS.
Feb 13, 2015, 12:20 PM EST
That means Phelps will be paid $1.4 million instead of $1.85 million.
Feb 11, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Lucroy finished fourth in the MVP balloting last season.
Feb 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Shields ultimately decided to play at home in San Diego, choosing the Padres’ four-year, $75 million offer.
Feb 8, 2015, 7:51 PM EST
The Marlins and reliever Mike Dunn agreed on a two-year deal Sunday, avoiding arbitration.
Feb 8, 2015, 4:25 PM EST
It appears the Marlins are going to lose out on James Shields despite making a strong effort to sign the free agent starter. Now the club’s focus looks to be shifting to a different type of late-offseason addition.
Feb 7, 2015, 1:55 PM EST
The Reds will see if Kevin Gregg has anything to offer as they signed him to a minor league contract on Saturday.
Feb 5, 2015, 12:16 PM EST
That means Latos will make $9.4 million in his final season before free agency, rather than the $10.4 million he requested.
Feb 2, 2015, 2:15 PM EST
Stanton signed a $325 million contract extension in November and has been cleared for all physical activity.
Jan 28, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
At age 41 he’ll be joining the Marlins in a backup role, playing behind starting outfielders Giancarlo Stanton, Marcell Ozuna, and Christian Yelich.
Jan 21, 2015, 9:12 AM EST
They could have their ace for more than half the season if things go right.
Jan 21, 2015, 12:06 AM EST
To prepare for his return to the Yankees after missing the entire 2014 season while serving out a 162-game PED suspension, Alex Rodriguez has enlisted the help of baseball’s home run king (and central figure of the “steroid era”) — Barry Bonds.
Jan 19, 2015, 4:09 PM EST
Kevin Gregg is attempting to show teams he still has gas left in the tank, as he’s showcasing his arm for about 15 teams in Tempe, Arizona.
Jan 19, 2015, 8:02 AM EST
Many awards were handed out at the 57th annual St. Louis BBWAA Dinner on Sunday night, but it was an informal one from Bud Selig that really stood out.
Jan 17, 2015, 1:20 PM EST
The Marlins already have Giancarlo Stanton, Christian Yelich, and Marcell Ozuna in-house, so they are looking at Suzuki as a fourth outfielder.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 16, 2015, 12:17 PM EST
He’ll take over in left field.
Jan 15, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Oakland and Washington have made an average of one trade every five months for the past four years.
Jan 14, 2015, 8:44 PM EST
The Astros and DH Chris Carter avoided arbitration with a one-year, $4.175 million.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)