Oct 20, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Morse has yet to start a game in the playoffs, but he hit .279 with 16 homers and an .811 OPS in 131 games during the regular season to rank second on the team in OPS behind only Buster Posey.
Oct 17, 2014, 12:20 AM EST
The decision that doomed the Cardinals.
Oct 16, 2014, 11:53 PM EST
Bumgarner tossed 7 2/3 scoreless innings in a victory in Game 1 and allowed three runs over eight innings in Game 5 tonight.
Oct 16, 2014, 11:20 PM EST
The Giants are headed to the World Series for the third time in the past five seasons.
Oct 16, 2014, 10:44 PM EST
We have a brand new ballgame in San Francisco.
Oct 16, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Adam Wainwright vs. Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 15, 2014, 4:33 PM EST
Shelby Miller vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 14, 2014, 1:05 PM EST
Mike Matheny goes with A.J. Pierzynski as Yadier Molina’s replacement.
Oct 12, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
Here are the starting lineups for Game 2 of the NLCS on Sunday night at Busch Stadium in St. Louis …
Oct 11, 2014, 4:40 PM EST
Madison Bumgarner vs. Adam Wainwright
Oct 10, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Michael Morse has returned to the Giants, adding some potency off of the bench for them in the NLCS against the Cardinals.
Oct 8, 2014, 7:04 PM EST
Michael Morse is in Arizona playing instructional league games and appears healthy enough to rejoin the Giants for their NLCS matchup with the Cardinals.
Oct 4, 2014, 3:27 PM EST
Did anybody check on Michael Morse yesterday? Because according to the Washington Post, he was undercover in the Nationals’ dugout.
Oct 3, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
Michael Morse is out, but otherwise it’s as expected.
Sep 30, 2014, 7:31 PM EST
Ishikawa is 31 years old and has started a grand total of three career games in the outfield.
Sep 11, 2014, 11:16 PM EST
Brandon Belt has been limited to just five games since July 19 due to concussion symptoms.
Sep 7, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Brandon Belt has been cleared to resume baseball activities, but the Giants still don’t know if the first baseman will return before the end of the season.
Sep 5, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
Michael Morse had a cortisone injection for his ailing oblique injury and could return to the Giants’ lineup on Tuesday.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:30 AM EST
An ump show in Detroit couldn’t stop the Mariners’ momentum.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:09 PM EST
Brandon Belt’s tough summer continues, as the Giants have placed him back on the 7-day concussion disabled list.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:53 AM EST
Joe Kelly gave his old mates fits. Well, maybe he gave them fits before too. Maybe they weren’t his mates. Maybe there were long-simmering disputes between him and the Cardinals about politics and religion and things. We can’t know!
Jun 24, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
In Brandon Belt’s absence Michael Morse shifted from the outfield to first base and has hit .330 with five homers and a .931 OPS in 29 starts there.
Jun 23, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
The Giants were concerned enough with the ergonomic health of their players that they invested in a larger chartered jet this season that features more first class seats.
Jun 22, 2014, 2:45 PM EST
Angel Pagan is out of the Giants’ starting lineup for a sixth consecutive game Sunday against the Diamondbacks because of a lingering back injury.
Jun 13, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
Some serious high-road-avoidance being pursued by a Washington Times columnist.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 14
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 28
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)