Aug 28, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Rough timing for the impending free agent.
Aug 28, 2015, 8:02 AM EDT
Zack Greinke is doing things guys have not done since the Dead Ball era. And I do not mean making scary faces like that.
Aug 27, 2015, 10:52 PM EDT
Brutal news here for the Nationals.
Aug 27, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
After losing Yunel Escobar on a hit-by-pitch, Michael Taylor left tonight’s game against the Padres when he crashed into the outfield fence.
Jul 16, 2015, 6:29 PM EDT
Werth has been sidelined for two months with a fractured left wrist.
Jul 6, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Werth has been out with a fractured wrist since being hit by pitch on May 15.
Jun 11, 2015, 3:08 PM EDT
Plantar fasciitis isn’t pretty.
Jun 1, 2015, 4:55 PM EDT
Washington is also without left fielder Jayson Werth.
May 30, 2015, 3:03 PM EDT
Harper was hit in the back by a 93 mph fastball from Reds left-hander Tony Cingrani on Friday night.
May 28, 2015, 4:27 PM EDT
Michael Taylor suddenly has a full-time job.
May 20, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
It was quite an ump show.
May 19, 2015, 1:56 PM EDT
Werth was hit on the wrist by a pitch Friday.
May 15, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Addison Reed is out as the closer for the Diamondbacks after blowing Wednesday’s save by serving up a grand slam.
May 14, 2015, 7:03 AM EDT
Your mid-50s-year-old drunk uncle who peaked during Reagan’s first term and has hated everything since has some questions about Corey Kluber’s toughness.
May 13, 2015, 8:02 PM EDT
Watch as Nationals outfielder Michael Taylor put Washington on top for good Wednesday afternoon with this super-clutch ninth-inning grand slam off Diamondbacks right-hander Addison Reed …
May 6, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
Michael Taylor fills in.
May 1, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
“Any slight discomfort in that area now raises some red flags.”
Apr 29, 2015, 2:20 PM EDT
There’s no clear spot for him in the Nationals’ outfield, however.
Apr 14, 2015, 1:43 PM EDT
Michael Taylor has been filling in as the Nationals’ center fielder and leadoff man.
Aug 23, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Outfielder Nate Schierholtz is expected to join the Nationals in time for Saturday afternoon’s game against the Giants.
Aug 13, 2014, 7:16 AM EDT
In the future, every pitcher will toss seven shutout innings for fifteen minutes — Andy Warhol.
Aug 9, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Nationals outfield prospect Michael Taylor is expected to join the team in Atlanta tomorrow, a result of some recent injuries to the club’s outfielders.
May 8, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Josh Reddick is still not right a month after injuring his wrist colliding with the wall chasing a foul ball, so Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the A’s will finally place him on the disabled list. Reddick has a history of wrist problems dating back to his time with the Red…
Feb 13, 2012, 6:32 PM EDT
Though they’ve since made moves geared more for the short-term in re-signing Coco Crisp and trading for Seth Smith, the A’s pretty much gave up on 2012 when they shipped out pitchers Gio Gonzalez, Trevor Cahill and Andrew Bailey for youngsters. That’s still true even after they anted up $36 million for Yoenis Cespedes. Their eyes are…
Feb 9, 2012, 6:12 PM EDT
At least to the outside eye, it seems like the A’s have lacked a plan since they shipped off Matt Holliday after 93 games in 2009. It finally appeared that they were going for a full rebuild this winter, but after trading Trevor Cahill, Andrew Bailey and Gio Gonzalez, they re-signed Coco Crisp for $14…
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)