Apr 14, 2015, 1:43 PM EDT
Michael Taylor has been filling in as the Nationals’ center fielder and leadoff man.
Aug 23, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Outfielder Nate Schierholtz is expected to join the Nationals in time for Saturday afternoon’s game against the Giants.
Aug 13, 2014, 7:16 AM EDT
In the future, every pitcher will toss seven shutout innings for fifteen minutes — Andy Warhol.
Aug 9, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Nationals outfield prospect Michael Taylor is expected to join the team in Atlanta tomorrow, a result of some recent injuries to the club’s outfielders.
May 8, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Josh Reddick is still not right a month after injuring his wrist colliding with the wall chasing a foul ball, so Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the A’s will finally place him on the disabled list. Reddick has a history of wrist problems dating back to his time with the Red…
Feb 13, 2012, 6:32 PM EDT
Though they’ve since made moves geared more for the short-term in re-signing Coco Crisp and trading for Seth Smith, the A’s pretty much gave up on 2012 when they shipped out pitchers Gio Gonzalez, Trevor Cahill and Andrew Bailey for youngsters. That’s still true even after they anted up $36 million for Yoenis Cespedes. Their eyes are…
Feb 9, 2012, 6:12 PM EDT
At least to the outside eye, it seems like the A’s have lacked a plan since they shipped off Matt Holliday after 93 games in 2009. It finally appeared that they were going for a full rebuild this winter, but after trading Trevor Cahill, Andrew Bailey and Gio Gonzalez, they re-signed Coco Crisp for $14…
Jan 31, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
This is pretty neat. Not as neat as the fact that Richie Hebner used to work as a grave digger in the offseason, but neat in the sense that ballplayers never actually work real jobs anymore, so it’s cool to see one who does. It’s Michael Taylor of the Oakland A’s, who spent the offseason…
Jan 1, 2012, 4:17 PM EDT
According to Jeff Fletcher of Bay Area Baseball, the Athletics “are currently in talks” with the representatives for free agent outfielder Cody Ross. Ross opened this offseason in search of a three-year contract, but he has since lowered his demands and is now beginning to draw legitimate interest. The 31-year-old batted .240/.325/.405 with 14 home…
Dec 6, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
Billy Beane never sticks around until the end of the winter meetings, and this year won’t be any different, even though he could be looking at an outfield of Jermaine Mitchell, Jai Miller and Ryan Sweeney if the season started tomorrow. MLB.com’s Jane Lee points out that Beane is leaving Dallas tonight without the A’s…
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 50
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 26
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)