Aug 18, 2015, 6:51 AM EDT
Other than a pitcher getting a comebacker to the face and a couple of walkoffs, it was kind of a quiet and boring night around MLB.
Aug 13, 2015, 7:59 AM EDT
Hisashi Iwakuma with the no-no.
Aug 7, 2015, 10:27 AM EDT
13-4 with a 2.91 ERA in 21 starts … and no sign of last year’s injury.
Aug 7, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A walkoff for Ian Kinsler and the Tigers, a possible double-agent fails and then succeeds in the Astros-A’s game and there is evil afoot in Washington and Atlanta.
Jul 26, 2015, 8:45 AM EDT
Your box scores and AP recaps from Saturday …
Jul 13, 2015, 12:31 PM EDT
Bruce Bochy and Ned Yost make their picks.
Jul 10, 2015, 6:17 PM EDT
The midwest continued to own the All-Star voting, with both winners of the Final Vote for the 2015 All-Star Game coming out of the state of Missouri.
Jul 6, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
The starters for the 2015 MLB All-Star Game were announced on Sunday, so now it’s time to learn the pitchers and reserves who have been selected to represent the American League and National League at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati on Tuesday, July 14…
Jun 22, 2015, 7:27 AM EDT
A big day for J.D. Martinez, who fell just short of Pulling a Whitten. Which is a thing I’ve just invented.
Jun 21, 2015, 8:42 AM EDT
Baseball’s top team is having a blast in Philadelphia.
May 24, 2015, 8:37 AM EDT
Your box scores and recaps from Saturday …
May 3, 2015, 8:32 AM EDT
For the second consecutive day, the Cardinals took down the visiting Pirates on an extra-inning walkoff.
Apr 24, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
Yordano Ventura and the Royals find themselves in yet another fracas.
Mar 31, 2015, 6:09 PM EDT
Adam Wainwright tossed a spring-high 93 pitches in a Grapefruit League appearance Tuesday afternoon against the Marlins and was officially declared the Cardinals’ Opening Night starter after the outing by manager Mike Matheny.
Mar 25, 2015, 6:12 PM EDT
Watch as Cardinals starter Michael Wacha twirls 5 2/3 scoreless Wednesday against the Nationals …
Mar 18, 2015, 7:47 PM EDT
The Cardinals have advanced to the NLCS in nine of the last 15 seasons — 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014. Can this 2015 group follow in those footsteps?
Feb 16, 2015, 10:20 AM EDT
Wacha has a 3.04 ERA and 159/52 K/BB ratio in 172 career innings through age 22.
Feb 3, 2015, 8:32 PM EDT
Most major league teams open spring training in just two weeks, yet right-hander James Shields remains unsigned …
Jan 19, 2015, 1:53 PM EDT
Michael Wacha didn’t exactly say he’s in the best shape of his life on Sunday, but he came close.
Jan 8, 2015, 12:01 AM EDT
Could the Cardinals be gearing up for a big late-offseason splash?
Nov 18, 2014, 6:25 PM EDT
Might the Cardinals be a darkhorse in the Jon Lester sweepstakes? Jim Bowden of ESPN and SiriusXM says they are “in pursuit,” citing a club source.
Oct 24, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Royals bullpen is really good. So good, in fact, that you can’t really use it incorrectly, Joe Posnanski writes.
Oct 18, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The baseball world wasn’t the only one surprised that it was Travis Ishikawa who hit a walk-off home run to send the Giants into the World Series. Ishikawa still isn’t sure it was him, either.
Oct 17, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
The decision that doomed the Cardinals.
Oct 17, 2014, 12:17 AM EDT
Come on, you know you want to see it again.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 9
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 87
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 63
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (96)