Feb 16, 2015, 10:20 AM EST
Wacha has a 3.04 ERA and 159/52 K/BB ratio in 172 career innings through age 22.
Feb 3, 2015, 8:32 PM EST
Most major league teams open spring training in just two weeks, yet right-hander James Shields remains unsigned …
Jan 19, 2015, 1:53 PM EST
Michael Wacha didn’t exactly say he’s in the best shape of his life on Sunday, but he came close.
Jan 8, 2015, 12:01 AM EST
Could the Cardinals be gearing up for a big late-offseason splash?
Nov 18, 2014, 6:25 PM EST
Might the Cardinals be a darkhorse in the Jon Lester sweepstakes? Jim Bowden of ESPN and SiriusXM says they are “in pursuit,” citing a club source.
Oct 24, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The Royals bullpen is really good. So good, in fact, that you can’t really use it incorrectly, Joe Posnanski writes.
Oct 18, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
The baseball world wasn’t the only one surprised that it was Travis Ishikawa who hit a walk-off home run to send the Giants into the World Series. Ishikawa still isn’t sure it was him, either.
Oct 17, 2014, 12:20 AM EST
The decision that doomed the Cardinals.
Oct 17, 2014, 12:17 AM EST
Come on, you know you want to see it again.
Oct 16, 2014, 11:20 PM EST
The Giants are headed to the World Series for the third time in the past five seasons.
Oct 16, 2014, 1:11 AM EST
Letting Shelby Miller bat in the fourth was baffling, but it wasn’t Matheny’s only bad call in Game 4.
Oct 13, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Last postseason Shelby Miller was the young, high-upside pitcher ignored by the Cardinals in the playoffs, but this time around it’s Michael Wacha.
Oct 13, 2014, 12:59 AM EST
It’s better than being down 0-2, but…
Oct 1, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
Adam Wainwright will start Game 1 against Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 17, 2014, 6:34 PM EST
As first reported by Jim Bowden of ESPN and SiriusXM, the Cardinals have cleared right-hander Michael Wacha to return to the starting rotation this Saturday evening against the visiting Reds.
Sep 14, 2014, 4:23 PM EST
Marco Gonzales is starting in place of Michael Wacha on Sunday afternoon against the Rockies, with manager Mike Matheny acknowledging to the media late last week that Wacha hasn’t looked quite right since returning on September 4 from a stress reaction in his right shoulder. It’s not clear what the plan is for Wacha, but he hasn’t been shut down.
Sep 12, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Cardinals manager Mike Matheny says Michael Wacha “doesn’t look right”, so Marco Gonzales will start on Sunday against the Rockies instead.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Some late inning Yankee heroics keep them in the playoff hunt.
Sep 5, 2014, 12:20 AM EST
The Cardinals now have a four-game lead over the Brewers in the National League Central.
Sep 2, 2014, 5:40 PM EST
Michael Wacha’s recovery from a shoulder injury has gone so well that the Cardinals just announced he’ll come off the disabled list to start Thursday against the Brewers.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:18 PM EST
From Brian Stull of STL Baseball Weekly comes word that Michael Wacha has been cleared to begin a minor league rehab assignment Sunday with the Double-A Springfield Cardinals. Wacha threw a simulated game at Springfield on Wednesday afternoon and reported no issues with his shoulder.
Aug 19, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
Great news here for the second-place Cardinals. Injured catcher Yadier Molina told Jim Hayes of FOX Sports Midwest on Tuesday afternoon that he is hoping to be cleared to begin swinging a bat on Wednesday or Thursday.
Aug 19, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“It looked really close to what we normally would see when he’s out there.”
Aug 17, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
There are still quite a few hurdles to leap over, but Cardinals right-hander Michael Wacha looks to be progressing toward a mid-to-late September return.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)