Nov 17, 2014, 11:29 AM EST
The Stanton deal is huge. But don’t listen to those who claim it is insane.
Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins
Nov 14, 2014, 4:01 PM EST
Biggest contract in baseball history.
Nov 14, 2014, 8:42 AM EST
Will he turn down the largest contract in baseball history?
Nov 13, 2014, 6:23 PM EST
Mike Trout is, at long last, the American League’s Most Valuable Player.
Nov 13, 2014, 5:22 PM EST
Is this real life?
Nov 12, 2014, 4:22 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal says it’ll be another four-year contract.
Oct 25, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
We learned yesterday that Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera underwent surgery on Wednesday to remove bone spurs from his right ankle and repair a stress fracture to the navicular bone in his foot. Everyone was caught off guard by the extent of his injuries.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:39 AM EST
For the second straight year we realize that Miguel Cabrera finished the season in way more pain than the Tigers had let on.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 20, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
Hint: he doesn’t think it’s Buster Posey.
Oct 18, 2014, 1:59 PM EST
Russell will serve as a special assistant to new Diamondbacks senior VP of baseball operations De Jon Watson.
Oct 7, 2014, 11:39 PM EST
NLDS Game 4 between the Nationals and Giants is tied at 2-2 heading into the top of the eighth.
Oct 6, 2014, 9:18 PM EST
Only Mickey Mantle, Miguel Cabrera, and Andruw Jones have hit more (four) before turning 22 years old.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:43 PM EST
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Orioles-Tigers series in Detroit …
Oct 4, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
David Waldstein of the New York Times explains post-season shares and how important they can be to many involved with a playoff team.
Oct 3, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Miguel Cabrera isn’t running so well these days.
Oct 3, 2014, 4:52 PM EST
Detroit’s manager has looked like a rookie these last two days.
Oct 3, 2014, 4:05 PM EST
Brad Ausmus didn’t learn a thing, apparently, after Thursday night’s debacle.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:31 PM EST
The Tigers just scored five runs on ten pitches.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman.
Oct 2, 2014, 9:50 AM EST
It’s easy to be selfless when you have a $289 million contract, but this is still cool.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman in the early evening, Jason Vargas vs. Jered Weaver for the nightcap.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)