Sep 19, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
As usual, context is everything.
Sep 8, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
A hobbled Miguel Cabrera could make for a hobbled Tigers offense down the stretch.
Sep 6, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
#2 hitters don’t often accrue 100 RBI, but Mike Trout will accomplish the feat soon.
Sep 2, 2014, 7:10 AM EDT
Four Phillies combine for the no-no. I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen more of these in recent years.
Sep 1, 2014, 11:17 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera had just one home run in August. He doubled that today.
Aug 31, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera had to leave the second half of Saturday’s doubleheader against the White Sox after struggling to make it down the first base line on a fourth-inning groundout. He’s been battling a right ankle injury for several weeks, and it seems only to be getting worse.
Aug 29, 2014, 4:17 PM EDT
If you’re going to make the same arguments for him you did the past two years, you may want to re-think things.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 24, 2014, 1:21 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera aggravated a lingering right ankle injury Wednesday night on a slide into home plate. He has appeared in — and recorded at least one hit in — every game since, but the issue won’t go away.
Aug 23, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Alex Gordon could become a free agent after the 2015 season, but the Royals’ outfielder plans to exercise his $12.5 million player option for 2016 instead.
Aug 21, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
He’ll rub some dirt on it and play through, but the Tigers really don’t need this.
Aug 15, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
The Miguel Cabrera bobbleheads given away to fans on Friday night contained a rather large error.
Aug 5, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Watch as Derek Jeter robs Miguel Cabrera of a base-hit on Tuesday night at Yankee Stadium …
Aug 2, 2014, 10:24 PM EDT
The Tigers pulled off a rare feat, scoring once in each offensive inning of their win at home against the Rockies.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
The Phillies are paying the bills for their dynastic run, thanks in large part to Ruben Amaro’s mismanagement.
Jul 24, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Frank Thomas is headed to the Hall of Fame thanks to his legendary batting eye.
Jul 24, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Everyone has a gift. This is my gift. I shall now share it with you.
Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 AM EDT
You never shoot your arrows . . . when you’re sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for shootin’ . . . when the game is done.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
This is so sad. It looked so healthy, too.
Jul 16, 2014, 9:23 AM EDT
Just because you can go into the clubhouse Joe, doesn’t mean anyone wants you there.
Jul 16, 2014, 1:55 AM EDT
Adam Wainwright chose to follow baseball’s unwritten rules and salute one of the all-time greats in his final All-Star Game. Somehow, he became the bad guy.
Jul 15, 2014, 11:43 PM EDT
Adam Wainwright did an in-game interview with FOX’s Erin Andrews after the eighth inning about his controversial comment that he grooved a pitch to Derek Jeter in the veteran shortstop’s first at-bat of Tuesday night’s MLB All-Star Game. Here’s the dialogue …
Jul 15, 2014, 11:32 PM EDT
A rocky start, a grooved pitch, a fond farewell and the granting of home field advantage in the World Series to the Junior Circuit.
Jul 15, 2014, 8:47 PM EDT
Attention Cardinals fans: this thread is for you.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 18
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 26
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 24
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)