Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Oct 15, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Miguel Gonzalez vs. Jason Vargas.
Oct 15, 2014, 7:17 AM EST
For the Orioles, it’ll take a miracle. Meanwhile the Giants seek to take control.
Oct 14, 2014, 11:06 PM EST
The Royals — who hadn’t made a playoff appearance in 29 years and had to make it through the American League Wild Card Game this year — are now just one win away from advancing to the World Series.
Oct 14, 2014, 8:42 PM EST
From MASN’s Roch Kubatko comes word that the Orioles have officially named right-hander Miguel Gonzalez their starting pitcher for Game 4 of the ALCS on Wednesday afternoon in Kansas City.
Oct 13, 2014, 5:01 PM EST
Did you know that, in Chinese, the symbol for rain is the same as the symbol for opportunity? OK, that’s not true, actually.
Oct 11, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
It will be Guthrie’s first career postseason appearance.
Oct 4, 2014, 12:36 PM EST
Miguel Gonzalez was originally lined up for the Game 3 assignment, but Bud Norris will make the start instead.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Jun 17, 2014, 5:19 PM EST
There was speculation that the Orioles would send prospect Kevin Gausman back to the minors once Miguel Gonzalez was healthy, but today they activated Gonzalez from the disabled list and decided to keep Gausman around.
Jun 13, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Kevin Gausman is a really good prospect who was the No. 4 overall pick in the 2012 draft and has dominated in the minors, but he struggled in his first couple stints with the Orioles while posting a 6.10 ERA through 52 career innings.
Jun 6, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Orioles right-hander Miguel Gonzalez is headed to the disabled list with a strained oblique muscle and they’ve called up prospect Kevin Gausman from Triple-A to replace him on the roster and in the rotation.
May 13, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Kevin Gausman, the No. 4 overall pick in the 2012 draft who tossed 48 innings for the Orioles in his debut last season, is headed back to the majors to start Wednesday against the Tigers.
Apr 17, 2014, 6:06 AM EST
Lots of shutouts yesterday. Including one that was the Platonic Ideal of a baseball game. At least if you have taste and stuff.
Aug 31, 2013, 8:56 AM EST
CC Sabathia hardly delivered an ace-like performance last night, but fortunately for him, his offense was there to pick him up. On the strength of a five-run fifth inning, the Yankees defeated the Orioles 8-5 at Yankee Stadium and remain very much alive in the AL Wild Card race. Miguel Gonzalez failed to get an…
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 41
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)