Apr 10, 2015, 1:36 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for the Starlin Castro rumors to start up again – if that trade speculation ever even stopped.
Apr 5, 2015, 3:08 PM EDT
The game will be broadcast on ESPN2. First pitch at Wrigley Field is scheduled for 8:05 p.m. ET.
Mar 30, 2015, 12:04 PM EDT
New regime, different results?
Mar 26, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
Are they ready to contend?
Feb 19, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
It’s only armed with cameras. For now.
Feb 2, 2015, 2:50 PM EDT
Laird spent the past two seasons in Atlanta.
Jan 10, 2015, 11:48 AM EDT
The Diamondbacks have asked the Cubs about Welington Castillo and the Blue Jays about Dioner Navarro, but general manager Dave Stewart says the club isn’t making much progress in trade talks.
Dec 27, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
David Ross recently took Rob Bradford of WEEI.com behind the scenes of how he landed a two-year, $5 million contract with the Cubs.
Dec 23, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal was first to report that a deal was in place between the Cubs and veteran catcher David Ross, and now that agreement has been made official …
Dec 19, 2014, 5:18 PM EDT
Jon Lester now has a personal catcher.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
One player the Padres did NOT get.
Dec 13, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
Wood turns 28 in February and posted an ugly 5.03 ERA and 146/76 K/BB ratio in 173 2/3 innings over 31 starts this past season.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 10, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
The Cubs and White Sox — both teams who finished 17 games out and lost 89 games last year — have made all the noise in San Diego. But who has made more noise?
Dec 10, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
He’s arbitration eligible for the first time and under team control through 2017.
Dec 10, 2014, 1:34 AM EDT
Lester will try to bring the North Side its first World Series victory since 1908.
Dec 9, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
After acquiring Miguel Montero from the Diamondbacks today, the Cubs are expected to move Welington Castillo.
Dec 9, 2014, 4:07 PM EDT
Montero was an All-Star in 2011 and signed a five-year, $60 million contract extension in May of 2012.
Dec 8, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
Jon Morosi and Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports report that the Cubs and Diamondbacks are discussing a trade that would send catcher Miguel Montero to Chicago.
Dec 8, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reported over the weekend that Diamondbacks majority owner Ken Kendrick vetoed a trade that would have sent Dodgers outfielder Andre Ethier, catcher Tim Federowicz, and cash to Arizona for catcher Miguel Montero and multiple lower-level prospects.
Dec 7, 2014, 1:27 PM EDT
The Dodgers would have sent Ethier, catcher Tim Federowicz, and money to Arizona for Montero and multiple lower-level prospects. But the majority owner of the Diamondbacks, Ken Kendrick, ruled against the trade because he likes Montero and was not comfortable trading him within the National League West.
Dec 6, 2014, 9:52 AM EDT
Trumbo’s first year in Arizona didn’t go as planned, as he missed some time with a foot injury while batting .235/.293/.415 with 14 home runs and 61 RBI over 88 games.
Nov 21, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
Talks haven’t really heated up yet, but catching is scarce so someone will likely go in on Montero.
Nov 18, 2014, 7:38 PM EDT
There is a clear need for a front-line starter in Arizona, and new chief baseball officer Tony La Russa is exploring all of his options.
Nov 2, 2014, 12:37 PM EDT
A member of the D’Backs front office told Rosenthal that the club is merely in “listening mode,” but rival execs say the 31-year-old catcher is being shopped.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)