Aug 22, 2015, 2:06 PM EDT
Posada is the 19th player to have his number retired by the Yankees, the most of any team.
Aug 13, 2015, 12:05 PM EDT
The Indians have gone above and beyond for Mike Aviles and his family this year as his daughter Adriana fights leukemia.
Jul 23, 2015, 12:29 PM EDT
Kudos to the Indians for thinking of the people who work for them first before they think of the work.
Jul 11, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
The Indians announced this afternoon that infielder Mike Aviles was placed on the family medical emergency list.
Jul 4, 2015, 12:39 PM EDT
Bauer also had a heck of an at-bat in the process.
Jun 13, 2015, 9:29 PM EDT
Indians prospect Francisco Lindor is getting the call up to the show.
Jun 8, 2015, 8:18 AM EDT
Big changes in Cleveland’s infield.
Jun 7, 2015, 3:42 PM EDT
A group of Indians players shaved their heads last month in support of Mike Aviles’ four-year-old daughter Adriana, who is currently undergoing chemotherapy for leukemia. On Sunday morning, Indians owner Paul Dolan got in on the act. And it was Aviles who happily did the shearing …
May 27, 2015, 9:31 AM EDT
Four-year-old Adriana Aviles was diagnosed with leukemia.
May 22, 2015, 7:19 AM EDT
The Giants own the Dodgers at AT&T Park. And the Madison Bumgarner owned Clayton Kershaw. At least yesterday.
Apr 14, 2015, 2:51 PM EDT
Brantley played Opening Day, sat out two games, returned for one game Friday, and is now out of the lineup for a third straight game.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Nov 2, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Indians shortstop prospect Francisco Lindor will have to prove himself at Triple-A at the start of the 2015 season before the club thinks about promoting him.
Oct 31, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
This season he hit just .247 with a .616 OPS in 113 games and Aviles hasn’t cracked a .700 OPS since 2010.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Sep 13, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
Now that’s creativity, folks.
Sep 11, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Aviles experienced nausea and dizziness following a diving catch in the outfield, but passed MLB’s concussion protocol this morning.
Sep 4, 2014, 5:02 PM EDT
The Indians depth takes a hit.
Aug 17, 2014, 12:32 PM EDT
Yankees catcher Brian McCann is back in action Sunday after missing eight days with a concussion.
Jul 19, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
If the Indians decide to sell, the Giants would consider Asdrubal Cabrera and Mike Aviles as trade targets.
Jul 3, 2014, 7:23 AM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion: “He hanged it, I banged it.” He actually said that.
Jun 13, 2014, 9:17 AM EDT
Everyone is uncorking fabulous throws this week.
Jun 10, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Lonnie Chisenhall has earned the right to be the Indians’ everyday third baseman. Which will have some ripple effects once Nick Swisher returns.
May 28, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Out since late April with a strained oblique muscle, Indians second baseman Jason Kipnis is off the disabled list and back in the lineup for tonight’s game against the White Sox.
May 25, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
The last-place Indians will get a boost this week. According to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, star second baseman Jason Kipnis is on track to return from the 15-day disabled list Tuesday against the White Sox after playing one final minor league rehab game Monday at Triple-A Columbus.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 27
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 48
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 68
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)