May 23, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
The Marlins were considering upgrading their bullpen with Jonathan Papelbon.
May 20, 2015, 6:38 AM EDT
A walkoff win in Washington has the Nats in first place.
May 12, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Cishek has blown four saves and converted three saves this season.
Mar 21, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
The Rangers could address their pitching depth on two fronts with a trade with the Marlins.
Feb 8, 2015, 7:51 PM EDT
The Marlins and reliever Mike Dunn agreed on a two-year deal Sunday, avoiding arbitration.
Dec 5, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Need some pitching? The Marlins have a lot of it and are willing to use a pitcher or two to address other areas of need.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Apr 13, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Phillies’ second baseman has been on an absolute tear to start the season.
Feb 7, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
We tried this with the rotations the other day. Once again, I’ll be dipping into my 2014 projections here to rank the bullpens. To come up with the following bullpen ERAs, I simply combined each team’s seven highest-IP relievers, according to my projections. AL Royals – 2.93 Red Sox – 3.14 Athletics – 3.16 Rangers…
Jan 17, 2014, 7:33 PM EDT
Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the Marlins have avoided arbitration with outfielder Giancarlo Stanton and relievers Steve Cishek and Mike Dunn. Stanton, in his first year of arbitration eligibility, has agreed to a one-year deal worth $6.5 million. The slugger, one of baseball’s premier power hitters, portends to become very wealthy in…
Jul 25, 2013, 10:31 PM EDT
The Marlins have shown that they aren’t afraid to make bold deals that upset the masses, so this report from Danny Knobler of CBS Sports is a bit curious. While the club is getting calls on relievers Steve Cishek and Mike Dunn, Knobler hears that they are telling teams that neither of them are available.…
Jun 11, 2013, 1:51 PM EDT
Last week Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reported that the Marlins have told teams relievers Steve Cishek and Mike Dunn “are not available” in trade talks. That didn’t really make much sense to me, but it did make sense that the Marlins are very willing to entertain offers on Ricky Nolasco. And now Jayson Stark of…
Jun 6, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
With the Marlins sitting at an MLB-worst 16-44 it’s only a matter of time before they start trading away veterans who generate any sort of trade interest, but they’ve repeatedly said that Giancarlo Stanton won’t be moved and apparently some other players aren’t on the block either. At least according to Joe Frisaro of MLB.com,…
Jan 25, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the Marlins have signed right-handed reliever Chad Qualls to a minor league contract. The deal includes a spring training invite. Qualls, 34, posted a 5.33 ERA and 27/14 K/BB ratio over 52 1/3 innings last season between the Phillies, Yankees and Pirates. He still induces plenty of…
Apr 25, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Last night the Marlins did something no other team in baseball history has ever done when four different pitchers combined to walk four consecutive batters, loading the bases and then forcing in what was the tying run. It all began when starter Josh Johnson walked the final batter he faced, Lucas Duda, with two outs…
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 53
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 22
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 133
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 132
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (132)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (130)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)