Mar 21, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
The Rangers could address their pitching depth on two fronts with a trade with the Marlins.
Feb 8, 2015, 7:51 PM EDT
The Marlins and reliever Mike Dunn agreed on a two-year deal Sunday, avoiding arbitration.
Dec 5, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Need some pitching? The Marlins have a lot of it and are willing to use a pitcher or two to address other areas of need.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Apr 13, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Phillies’ second baseman has been on an absolute tear to start the season.
Feb 7, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
We tried this with the rotations the other day. Once again, I’ll be dipping into my 2014 projections here to rank the bullpens. To come up with the following bullpen ERAs, I simply combined each team’s seven highest-IP relievers, according to my projections. AL Royals – 2.93 Red Sox – 3.14 Athletics – 3.16 Rangers…
Jan 17, 2014, 7:33 PM EDT
Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the Marlins have avoided arbitration with outfielder Giancarlo Stanton and relievers Steve Cishek and Mike Dunn. Stanton, in his first year of arbitration eligibility, has agreed to a one-year deal worth $6.5 million. The slugger, one of baseball’s premier power hitters, portends to become very wealthy in…
Jul 25, 2013, 10:31 PM EDT
The Marlins have shown that they aren’t afraid to make bold deals that upset the masses, so this report from Danny Knobler of CBS Sports is a bit curious. While the club is getting calls on relievers Steve Cishek and Mike Dunn, Knobler hears that they are telling teams that neither of them are available.…
Jun 11, 2013, 1:51 PM EDT
Last week Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reported that the Marlins have told teams relievers Steve Cishek and Mike Dunn “are not available” in trade talks. That didn’t really make much sense to me, but it did make sense that the Marlins are very willing to entertain offers on Ricky Nolasco. And now Jayson Stark of…
Jun 6, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
With the Marlins sitting at an MLB-worst 16-44 it’s only a matter of time before they start trading away veterans who generate any sort of trade interest, but they’ve repeatedly said that Giancarlo Stanton won’t be moved and apparently some other players aren’t on the block either. At least according to Joe Frisaro of MLB.com,…
Jan 25, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the Marlins have signed right-handed reliever Chad Qualls to a minor league contract. The deal includes a spring training invite. Qualls, 34, posted a 5.33 ERA and 27/14 K/BB ratio over 52 1/3 innings last season between the Phillies, Yankees and Pirates. He still induces plenty of…
Apr 25, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Last night the Marlins did something no other team in baseball history has ever done when four different pitchers combined to walk four consecutive batters, loading the bases and then forcing in what was the tying run. It all began when starter Josh Johnson walked the final batter he faced, Lucas Duda, with two outs…
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 0
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 127
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (129)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)