Aug 22, 2015, 8:58 AM EDT
Your Friday box scores and AP recaps.
Aug 21, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Mike Leake will be taking Chris Heston’s spot in the Giants’ starting rotation on Saturday.
Aug 19, 2015, 7:11 PM EDT
July 31 trade deadline pickup Mike Leake made only one start for the Giants before landing on the 15-day disabled list August 3 because of a left hamstring strain. But everything appears to be trending in the right direction now with that injury.
Aug 18, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Leake made just one start for the Giants after they acquired the impending free agent from the Reds at the July 31 trade deadline.
Aug 15, 2015, 12:55 PM EDT
Mike Leake is expected to start on Tuesday against the Cardinals after recovering from a strained left hamstring.
Aug 7, 2015, 2:35 PM EDT
Ryan Vogelsong is back in the rotation.
Aug 6, 2015, 8:05 PM EDT
Leake suffered a mild hamstring strain after his first start with the Giants.
Aug 3, 2015, 5:00 AM EDT
Lots of walkoffs, lots of guys throwing at other guys and, oh yeah, the Mets are in first place.
Jul 31, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
The Giants placed Tim Hudson on the disabled list, which created room on the roster for incoming pitcher Mike Leake.
Jul 31, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
We’re recapping all of the deals as they come down.
Jul 31, 2015, 12:24 AM EDT
Leake has a 3.56 ERA and 90/34 K/BB ratio in 136 2/3 innings over 21 starts this season.
Jul 29, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Your mileage may vary, but for my money the ugliest game of the year happened last night.
Jul 22, 2015, 3:40 PM EDT
He’s allowed just two runs over his last 21 innings.
Jul 19, 2015, 12:08 PM EDT
Cincinnati is still feeling some positive vibes from a highly successful week of All-Star festivities, but big business is underway in the executive offices at Great American Ball Park.
Jul 18, 2015, 1:45 PM EDT
Just lead him off already.
Jul 17, 2015, 12:16 PM EDT
The trade deadline is two weeks from today.
Jul 15, 2015, 12:07 PM EDT
Which big-name starting pitchers will contending teams go after the hardest between now and July 31?
Jul 2, 2015, 10:39 PM EDT
The Reds are expected to be sellers, but GM Walt Jocketty said Thursday that third baseman Todd Frazier isn’t going anywhere.
Jun 30, 2015, 7:32 AM EDT
Mike Trout put on a clinic against the Yankees last night.
Jun 29, 2015, 8:09 PM EDT
It was reported over the weekend that the Dodgers and Cubs were among the teams with interest in a trade for Mets left-hander Jon Niese.
Jun 14, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
Cincinnati is currently 12 1/2 games back of St. Louis in the National League Central standings, so it’s a near certainty that the club will be sellers at the July 31 deadline.
Jun 12, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
The Tigers need to fill a void in the starting rotation after demoting Shane Greene to Triple-A on Friday.
Jun 8, 2015, 12:27 PM EDT
Perhaps someone picked tonight will eventually crack this list.
May 1, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
I feel like issuing an intentional walk to get to the reigning batting champ is not the greatest idea in the world, but I guess they pay Lloyd McClendon the big bucks to make those kinds of decisions.
Apr 20, 2015, 6:44 AM EDT
Nelson Cruz has eight homers on the young season. And a line that looks like something Barry Bonds put up over the course of four seasons.
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 0
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 19
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)