May 12, 2015, 8:59 PM EDT
Minor was awarded a $5.6 million salary in late February after an arbitration hearing. The 27-year-old will be a non-tender candidate this winter despite his past success.
May 2, 2015, 11:15 PM EDT
More arm issues for Braves lefty Mike Minor.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Braves had one of the stranger off-seasons, both adding and subtracting players while also attempting to rebuild. How bad will they be in 2015?
Mar 10, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
The good news: No structural damage.
Mar 5, 2015, 4:46 PM EDT
He may be a nice man, but no one likes to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews.
Mar 4, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
Feb 21, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
As usual, teams in general won at a slightly better rate than players in arbitration hearings. 2014 saw the most arbitration hearings since 2001.
Feb 20, 2015, 12:48 PM EDT
Atlanta submitted a $5.1 million salary for the 27-year-old left-hander.
Feb 4, 2015, 11:21 PM EDT
Minor, 27, is arbitration-eligible for the second time in his career. He asked for a salary of $5.6 million and the Atlanta front office offered him $5.1 million when figures were exchanged on January 16.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Sep 24, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
Evan Gattis hasn’t played a full game for the Braves since September 7 because of strep throat and, more recently, a kidney stone. In that time, Atlanta has lost 12-of-14 games and been completely eliminated from postseason contention. But there will be no early shutdown for the 28-year-old slugging catcher.
Sep 23, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
David Hale will start in Minor’s place Thursday against the Pirates.
Sep 1, 2014, 7:21 PM EDT
Franco got off to a slow start this season, but he has been on a tear in Triple-A since the start of July.
Aug 29, 2014, 6:58 AM EDT
Yet another protested game in a week full of protests. This one isn’t going anywhere, though.
Aug 22, 2014, 9:17 PM EDT
Mike Minor is on point in Cincinnati against the Reds on Friday night.
Jul 23, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
Jonathan Lucory hit two homers last night, including the walkoff.
May 14, 2014, 7:04 AM EDT
1-0 leads heading into the ninth were not safe last night.
May 8, 2014, 6:57 AM EDT
Miami: kings of the walkoff win.
May 4, 2014, 12:14 PM EDT
Gavin Floyd was activated from the disabled list Sunday morning after a 12-month recovery from Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery and will make a spot start for the Braves on Tuesday in Atlanta against the visiting Cardinals.
Apr 30, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
Gavin Floyd’s rehab assignment is up, so he’ll join the Braves in some capacity this weekend.
Apr 29, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
The Braves have the best rotation in baseball. And they’re about to get back a dude who won 13 games last year.
Apr 27, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
Braves right-hander David Hale allowed a single to Brandon Phillips and an RBI double to Ryan Ludwick in the top of the first inning Saturday evening at Turner Field, but the Reds were held hitless the rest of the way in Atlanta’s eventual 4-1 victory. Watch a recap of the dominant outing …
Apr 21, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
The first-place Braves are set to welcome back one of their top starters.
Apr 14, 2014, 11:39 PM EDT
The Braves are about to get stronger.
Apr 5, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Braves have been sending a lot of pitchers to the operating table. What’s one more?
- Who really owns a home run ball? 56
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 127
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Ryan Zimmerman is Mr. Walk-Off (and the numbers to prove it) 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)