Apr 11, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez will be in an unfamiliar position to start Saturday afternoon’s game against the Red Sox.
Apr 11, 2015, 2:31 AM EDT
Details from the longest game in Red Sox history.
Jan 25, 2015, 3:17 PM EDT
Sean McAdam of CSNNewEngland.com shares the gory details about the painful facial surgery that Mike Napoli had earlier this offseason to help end his long battle with sleep apnea …
Jan 11, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
Red Sox fans are likely to see Hanley Ramirez cleaning up in the batting order in 2015.
Nov 24, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
It could happen. It could happen as early as today, folks.
Nov 4, 2014, 10:56 PM EDT
From CSNNewEngland.com comes word that Red Sox first baseman Mike Napoli underwent a procedure Tuesday at Massachussetts General Hospital designed to correct his sleep apnea.
Oct 14, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
They’re literally going to cut his jaw bone and move the dang thing forward.
Sep 7, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
Mike Napoli made an early exit from Saturday’s 4-3 win over the Blue Jays after falling ill and is not in the Red Sox starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale. Allen Craig will start at first base and Yoenis Cespedes will DH.
Aug 27, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Napoli became just the eighth visiting player to hit a homer into the fifth deck at Rogers Centre in the ballpark’s 26-year history.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:03 PM EDT
Garrett Richards is working on something special against the Red Sox in his Saturday night start at home.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
For the second time in 22 months, Ben Cherington must find a way to turn a last place team into a winner — and fast.
Jun 30, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
Cubs right-hander Jake Arrieta didn’t allow his first baserunner until the seventh inning last Tuesday night against the Reds and he’s flirting with history again tonight.
Jun 29, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
Mike Napoli took a verbal jab at Yankees rookie ace Masahiro Tanaka when he reached the Red Sox dugout after his go-ahead ninth-inning home run on Saturday night in New York.
Jun 22, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Mike Napoli accomplished a rare feat on Sunday against the Athletics: he stole home and then hit a home run.
Jun 19, 2014, 6:17 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw was nearly perfect. And, at least by one measure, was better than a lot of guys who have thrown perfect games.
Jun 18, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
Three runs on three homers in this one. All in the tenth inning.
Jun 11, 2014, 6:01 AM EDT
Collin Cowgill’s walkoff homer in the 14th was something. Yoenis Cespedes’ throw in the eighth was even more something.
Jun 8, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
The Red Sox have activated Mike Napoli from the disabled list for tonight’s game against the Tigers.
Jun 1, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Stephen Drew will make his season debut with the Red Sox on Monday against the Indians.
May 28, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
It seems like most people don’t realize just how good Carlos Gomez has become.
May 28, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Uggla kills the Braves. But that’s not the kind of killing we’re talking about here.
May 25, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
As first relayed by Tim Britton of the Providence Journal, the Red Sox have placed first baseman Mike Napoli on the 15-day disabled list because of ongoing problems with his sprained left ring finger. Napoli dislocated the finger on a dive into the second base bag back in mid-April.
May 24, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
The Red Sox are going to be short-handed as they attempt to snap their eight-game losing streak.
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 0
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 19
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 35
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 47
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)