Nov 24, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
It could happen. It could happen as early as today, folks.
Nov 4, 2014, 10:56 PM EST
From CSNNewEngland.com comes word that Red Sox first baseman Mike Napoli underwent a procedure Tuesday at Massachussetts General Hospital designed to correct his sleep apnea.
Oct 14, 2014, 8:30 AM EST
They’re literally going to cut his jaw bone and move the dang thing forward.
Sep 7, 2014, 10:37 AM EST
Mike Napoli made an early exit from Saturday’s 4-3 win over the Blue Jays after falling ill and is not in the Red Sox starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale. Allen Craig will start at first base and Yoenis Cespedes will DH.
Aug 27, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Napoli became just the eighth visiting player to hit a homer into the fifth deck at Rogers Centre in the ballpark’s 26-year history.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EST
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:03 PM EST
Garrett Richards is working on something special against the Red Sox in his Saturday night start at home.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
For the second time in 22 months, Ben Cherington must find a way to turn a last place team into a winner — and fast.
Jun 30, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
Cubs right-hander Jake Arrieta didn’t allow his first baserunner until the seventh inning last Tuesday night against the Reds and he’s flirting with history again tonight.
Jun 29, 2014, 10:59 AM EST
Mike Napoli took a verbal jab at Yankees rookie ace Masahiro Tanaka when he reached the Red Sox dugout after his go-ahead ninth-inning home run on Saturday night in New York.
Jun 22, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Mike Napoli accomplished a rare feat on Sunday against the Athletics: he stole home and then hit a home run.
Jun 19, 2014, 6:17 AM EST
Clayton Kershaw was nearly perfect. And, at least by one measure, was better than a lot of guys who have thrown perfect games.
Jun 18, 2014, 4:38 PM EST
Three runs on three homers in this one. All in the tenth inning.
Jun 11, 2014, 6:01 AM EST
Collin Cowgill’s walkoff homer in the 14th was something. Yoenis Cespedes’ throw in the eighth was even more something.
Jun 8, 2014, 8:01 PM EST
The Red Sox have activated Mike Napoli from the disabled list for tonight’s game against the Tigers.
Jun 1, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
Stephen Drew will make his season debut with the Red Sox on Monday against the Indians.
May 28, 2014, 3:46 PM EST
It seems like most people don’t realize just how good Carlos Gomez has become.
May 28, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Uggla kills the Braves. But that’s not the kind of killing we’re talking about here.
May 25, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
As first relayed by Tim Britton of the Providence Journal, the Red Sox have placed first baseman Mike Napoli on the 15-day disabled list because of ongoing problems with his sprained left ring finger. Napoli dislocated the finger on a dive into the second base bag back in mid-April.
May 24, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
The Red Sox are going to be short-handed as they attempt to snap their eight-game losing streak.
May 12, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
We now have a scale to measure this — The Intentional Walk Rage System — and Ron Washington darn near broke it yesterday
May 12, 2014, 6:33 AM EST
Derek Norris smacked two homers and Gio Gonzalez flashed some Natitude
May 9, 2014, 10:41 PM EST
We’ve heard it before, and we’ll certainly continue to hear it: Yu Darvish is working on a no-hitter.
Apr 17, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Mike Napoli suffered a dislocated finger on Tuesday, but only had to miss one game.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 75
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 41
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)