Dec 13, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
Could 2015 be Ian Desmond’s final season with the Nationals?
Dec 8, 2014, 2:20 PM EST
Don’t believe the anti-hype.
Nov 17, 2014, 12:32 PM EST
Tyrell Jenkins and Jordan Walden, too.
Nov 13, 2014, 6:23 PM EST
Mike Trout is, at long last, the American League’s Most Valuable Player.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Won’t somebody think of the children?
Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EST
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Oct 25, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Mike Trout and Giancarlo Stanton are your winners of the 2014 Hank Aaron Award.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 AM EST
If anyone tells you they know what’s going to happen in the next week they’re lying to you. But let’s try to break this thing down all the same.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
Hint: he doesn’t think it’s Buster Posey.
Oct 17, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Denard Span hopes he’s wearing a Nationals uniform again in 2015. The Nationals can choose to exercise a $9 million option for the 2015 season, but they aren’t likely to make a decision until after the World Series concludes.
Oct 14, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
A lesson from the Umbrella Man of the JFK assassination.
Oct 6, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Mike Trout can only make up for so many bad decisions.
Oct 5, 2014, 11:18 PM EST
The Royals have swept the Angels out of the playoffs. They’ll move on to face the Orioles in the ALCS.
Oct 5, 2014, 8:03 PM EST
The Royals fell behind in the top of the first of ALDS Game 3, but rallied for three runs in the bottom half to chase C.J. Wilson from the game.
Oct 5, 2014, 4:22 PM EST
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Angels-Royals series in Kansas City …
Oct 4, 2014, 1:31 AM EST
Eric Hosmer was the hero for the Royals on Friday night, when he broke a 1-1 tie in the 11th inning with a two-run home run. The Royals are now up 2-0 in the ALDS against the Angels.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:19 PM EST
Yordano Ventura vs. Matt Shoemaker.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:33 PM EST
How do the Royals keep doing this? After watching their Game 1 win in the ALDS, Joe Posnanski still isn’t sure.
Oct 2, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
David Freese now has eight career postseason home runs.
Oct 2, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
Jered Weaver vs. Jason Vargas.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman in the early evening, Jason Vargas vs. Jered Weaver for the nightcap.
Sep 30, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Nate Silver — a guy who has literally made a living poking holes in people’s dubious analysis — traffics in some of his own.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:40 PM EST
Part Two of our handy guide to help you pick a team to root for in the event your team is not in the playoffs.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 48
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)