Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 AM EST
Every fifth day I wake up in the morning and see another impressive Clayton Kershaw pitching line.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EST
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Aug 23, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Alex Gordon could become a free agent after the 2015 season, but the Royals’ outfielder plans to exercise his $12.5 million player option for 2016 instead.
Aug 19, 2014, 6:42 AM EST
The Nats win the close ones. They win the not-so-close ones. They win the tame ones. And last night, they won a wild one.
Aug 15, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
If you haven’t been paying attention to Mo’Ne Davis in the Little League World Series, she gave you a big reason with her performance against Nashville on Friday.
Aug 4, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
The Tribe walks off against Texas, MadBum was dominant and V-Mart goes yard again. Note: if you were not a baseball fan, you would have no idea what any of the stuff in the previous sentence meant. It’s just barely English, yet we all get it. Cool, huh?
Jul 24, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Everyone has a gift. This is my gift. I shall now share it with you.
Jul 21, 2014, 5:28 PM EST
Jeter has been that for so, so long. Who’s next?
Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 AM EST
You never shoot your arrows . . . when you’re sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for shootin’ . . . when the game is done.
Jul 20, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
The Angels used Fernando Rodney’s bow-and-arrow against him in a come-from-behind win on Sunday afternoon.
Jul 20, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Hitters rarely credit the Home Run Derby when they perform well in the second half. Usually, they only blame it if they struggle. Giancarlo Stanton says the Derby helped him get locked in after slumping going into the All-Star break.
Jul 19, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
The second half began in style last night, including a marathon between the Mariners and Angels. Here’s a quick of recap of Friday’s action.
Jul 16, 2014, 8:01 PM EST
Statcast, the new 3D tracking technology from MLB Advanced Media, gives us this unique look at Mike Trout’s first-inning RBI triple from Tuesday night’s MLB All-Star Game …
Jul 16, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
As a follow-up to the best player in baseball, Mike Trout, being named the Most Valuable Player of the All-Star game, here’s a numbers-based reminder of how amazing he’s been prior to last night.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
This is so sad. It looked so healthy, too.
Jul 16, 2014, 9:23 AM EST
Just because you can go into the clubhouse Joe, doesn’t mean anyone wants you there.
Jul 16, 2014, 1:55 AM EST
Adam Wainwright chose to follow baseball’s unwritten rules and salute one of the all-time greats in his final All-Star Game. Somehow, he became the bad guy.
Jul 15, 2014, 11:32 PM EST
A rocky start, a grooved pitch, a fond farewell and the granting of home field advantage in the World Series to the Junior Circuit.
Jul 15, 2014, 10:02 PM EST
Adam Wainwright admits grooving a couple of pitches to Derek Jeter in the veteran shortstop’s final All-Star Game. Jeter doubled off and scored off Wainwright in a three-run inning for the American League.
Jul 15, 2014, 9:34 PM EST
The Captain’s Midsummer Classic Swan Song
Jul 15, 2014, 8:47 PM EST
Attention Cardinals fans: this thread is for you.
Jul 15, 2014, 6:53 PM EST
Angels outfielder Mike Trout will be rocking this set of trout-themed baseball cleats in Tuesday night’s 2014 MLB All-Star Game, now available on Nike’s website for a mere $150 …
Jul 15, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
The Midsummer Classic is finally here. Let’s look at what we’ll be looking at this evening.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)