Jul 14, 2014, 1:25 PM EST
Cardinals right-hander Adam Wainwright and Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez have been named the starting pitchers for the All-Star game, and here are the starting lineups they’ll be facing tomorrow night.
Jul 14, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The last baseball that counts for a few days. Enjoy it, folks.
Jul 10, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Yes, it’s Jeter day at HBT, apparently.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 5, 2014, 10:42 AM EST
Mike Trout doing Mike Trout things.
Jun 27, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
Mike Trout hit a jaw-dropping 489-foot home run in the first inning of Friday’s game against the Royals.
Jun 25, 2014, 6:57 AM EST
The fella with the beard? The one who pitches for Los Angeles? Yeah, he’s pretty good.
Jun 18, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
For a minute, it’s 1985, and the Royals are in first place. Savor this moment.
Jun 18, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
It took a little while because he got off to what was for him at least a slow start to the season, but for the third straight year Angels center fielder Mike Trout leads all of baseball in Wins Above Replacement.
Jun 18, 2014, 6:41 AM EST
Nine wins in a row and the shelling of a Tigers ace for the second straight night. And with that, the Royals are in first place.
Jun 16, 2014, 9:49 PM EST
There aren’t any significant changes in the American League All-Star balloting from last week, but tonight’s update shows that there are still quite a few positions up for grabs. Shortstop is one of them.
Jun 15, 2014, 2:58 PM EST
Troy Tulowitzki sent a scare through the Rockies organization when he left Friday’s series opener against the Giants with a sprained right toe. But he underwent X-rays Saturday which turned up negative and is back in Colorado’s starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale — hitting third and playing shortstop.
Jun 12, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
Baseball cards and stat-heads, together at last.
Jun 11, 2014, 11:23 PM EST
Angels center fielder Mike Trout and A’s center fielder Coco Crisp exchanged spectacular wall-straddling catches in the early innings of Wednesday night’s game in Anaheim.
Jun 11, 2014, 8:10 AM EST
Cespedes’ throw had both the trajectory and the devastating effect of an intercontinental ballistic missile.
Jun 10, 2014, 6:28 AM EST
Lonnie Chisenhall went 5 for 5 with 3 home runs and 9 RBI. Mercy.
Jun 8, 2014, 8:52 PM EST
Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista has passed Mike Trout in the AL All-Star balloting.
Jun 6, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Good news for the contending Angels.
Jun 5, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
After dealing with upper back stiffness over the past week, Mike Trout has returned to the starting lineup for tonight’s game against the Astros.
Jun 4, 2014, 6:21 PM EST
Angels superstar center fielder Mike Trout was removed from Tuesday’s game against the Astros due to lingering stiffness in the middle of his back and he is not in Anaheim’s starting lineup on Wednesday night. But the situation is looking up.
Jun 3, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Angels outfielder Mike Trout sat out Saturday and Sunday in Oakland because of stiffness in his back. He tried to return for Tuesday’s series-opener in Houston, but that stiffness hasn’t gone away …
Jun 1, 2014, 3:22 PM EST
Mike Trout is out of the Angels’ starting lineup again on Sunday against the A’s because of lingering stiffness in his back.
May 23, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
Yasiel Puig plays the game to have fun. That’s what he’s supposed to do, right?
May 21, 2014, 8:53 PM EST
Angels center fielder Mike Trout is sitting Wednesday for the first time in 2014 due to minor hamstring tightness.
May 21, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
On HBT Daily yesterday I said Johnny Cueto would give up more than two runs in a game before Masahiro Tanaka got his first loss. Both happened yesterday, but I’m pretty sure the Nats got their third run off Cueto before the Yankees-Cubs game ended, so I’m gonna claim victory.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 25
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 281
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (281)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)