Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 AM EDT
You never shoot your arrows . . . when you’re sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for shootin’ . . . when the game is done.
Jul 20, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
The Angels used Fernando Rodney’s bow-and-arrow against him in a come-from-behind win on Sunday afternoon.
Jul 20, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Hitters rarely credit the Home Run Derby when they perform well in the second half. Usually, they only blame it if they struggle. Giancarlo Stanton says the Derby helped him get locked in after slumping going into the All-Star break.
Jul 19, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
The second half began in style last night, including a marathon between the Mariners and Angels. Here’s a quick of recap of Friday’s action.
Jul 16, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
Statcast, the new 3D tracking technology from MLB Advanced Media, gives us this unique look at Mike Trout’s first-inning RBI triple from Tuesday night’s MLB All-Star Game …
Jul 16, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
As a follow-up to the best player in baseball, Mike Trout, being named the Most Valuable Player of the All-Star game, here’s a numbers-based reminder of how amazing he’s been prior to last night.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
This is so sad. It looked so healthy, too.
Jul 16, 2014, 9:23 AM EDT
Just because you can go into the clubhouse Joe, doesn’t mean anyone wants you there.
Jul 16, 2014, 1:55 AM EDT
Adam Wainwright chose to follow baseball’s unwritten rules and salute one of the all-time greats in his final All-Star Game. Somehow, he became the bad guy.
Jul 15, 2014, 11:32 PM EDT
A rocky start, a grooved pitch, a fond farewell and the granting of home field advantage in the World Series to the Junior Circuit.
Jul 15, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Adam Wainwright admits grooving a couple of pitches to Derek Jeter in the veteran shortstop’s final All-Star Game. Jeter doubled off and scored off Wainwright in a three-run inning for the American League.
Jul 15, 2014, 9:34 PM EDT
The Captain’s Midsummer Classic Swan Song
Jul 15, 2014, 8:47 PM EDT
Attention Cardinals fans: this thread is for you.
Jul 15, 2014, 6:53 PM EDT
Angels outfielder Mike Trout will be rocking this set of trout-themed baseball cleats in Tuesday night’s 2014 MLB All-Star Game, now available on Nike’s website for a mere $150 …
Jul 15, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The Midsummer Classic is finally here. Let’s look at what we’ll be looking at this evening.
Jul 14, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Cardinals right-hander Adam Wainwright and Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez have been named the starting pitchers for the All-Star game, and here are the starting lineups they’ll be facing tomorrow night.
Jul 14, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
The last baseball that counts for a few days. Enjoy it, folks.
Jul 10, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Yes, it’s Jeter day at HBT, apparently.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 5, 2014, 10:42 AM EDT
Mike Trout doing Mike Trout things.
Jun 27, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Mike Trout hit a jaw-dropping 489-foot home run in the first inning of Friday’s game against the Royals.
Jun 25, 2014, 6:57 AM EDT
The fella with the beard? The one who pitches for Los Angeles? Yeah, he’s pretty good.
Jun 18, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
For a minute, it’s 1985, and the Royals are in first place. Savor this moment.
Jun 18, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
It took a little while because he got off to what was for him at least a slow start to the season, but for the third straight year Angels center fielder Mike Trout leads all of baseball in Wins Above Replacement.
Jun 18, 2014, 6:41 AM EDT
Nine wins in a row and the shelling of a Tigers ace for the second straight night. And with that, the Royals are in first place.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 25
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 56
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)