Nov 19, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Liriano started 55 games for Pittsburgh with a 3.20 ERA and 338 strikeouts in 323 innings.
Nov 18, 2014, 12:46 PM EST
Former top prospect who has turned things around as a reliever.
Nov 17, 2014, 12:32 PM EST
Tyrell Jenkins and Jordan Walden, too.
Nov 11, 2014, 10:48 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Nov 4, 2014, 9:23 PM EST
As first reported by Hector Gomez of the Dominican Republic’s Listin Diario, Alfonso Soriano is retiring from baseball after a 16-year major league career.
Nov 4, 2014, 10:31 AM EST
It was a down year for the former MVP
Nov 3, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Both sides exercised their half of the mutual option.
Nov 2, 2014, 4:12 PM EST
The Blue Jays sent first baseman Adam Lind to the Brewers on Saturday for right-hander Marco Estrada, clearing up some payroll space and adding depth to their starting pitching staff. Now the Jays may deal from that pitching depth to fill another area of need.
Nov 1, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
Aramis Ramirez has two more days to decide whether to exercise his half of a mutual option and return to the Brewers for the 2015 season.
Nov 1, 2014, 2:22 PM EST
Lind, 31, batted .321/.381/.479 with six home runs and 40 RBI over 96 games this season.
Oct 31, 2014, 10:50 AM EST
Weeks has spent his entire career with the Brewers after being the No. 2 overall pick in the 2003 draft.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:24 PM EST
The Fielding Bible Awards are back. And they have an interesting wrinkle this time around.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
Gallardo posted an ERA above 4.00 last season for the first time in his career, but bounced back to throw 192 innings with a 3.51 ERA this year at age 28.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
Or maybe Chase Headley. Or Aramis Ramirez. But certainly at upgrading third base.
Oct 26, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Giancarlo Stanton will wear a helmet with a face mask after being hit in the face with a fastball back in September. He’s expected to be ready when spring training begins.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 13, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
Braun struggled through the injury this season, finishing with a career-low .777 OPS.
Oct 12, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports found a medical reason that explains why Hunter Pence throws the way he does.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EST
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Oct 1, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
At least he got to pitch this season. That was fun.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 29, 2014, 11:36 PM EST
Rodriguez had to settle for a one-year, $3.25 million contract before the beginning of spring training and began the season in a set-up role, but he ended up with a 3.04 ERA with 73/18 K/BB ratio over 68 innings while going 44-for-49 in save chances.
Sep 28, 2014, 2:13 PM EST
Ryan Braun is in the Brewers’ starting lineup for Sunday afternoon’s season finale against the Cubs, but as soon as that game ends he will begin prepping for surgery that will hopefully correct a nerve issue in his right thumb that has been a source of discomfort since the early part of the 2013 campaign.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)