Jorge Soler is third player in last 100 years with an extra-base hit in each of his first five games
Sep 1, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
Enos Slaughter (1933) and Will Middlebrooks (2012) are the only others.
Sep 1, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
The Brewers are tied for first place and need a boost.
Aug 31, 2014, 11:35 PM EDT
The Blue Jays added an outfield bench bat, picking up John Mayberry, Jr. from the Phillies on Sunday.
Aug 31, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
The Brewers tried but ultimately failed to acquire David Price from the Rays in July because they refused to part with pitcher Jimmy Nelson.
Aug 30, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
The Brewers will get Matt Garza back in the rotation on Wednesday, when they’ll take on the Cubs at Wrigley Field.
Aug 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Morneau is under contract for next season at a reasonable $6.75 million salary, so the Rockies weren’t inclined to give him away cheaply.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EDT
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Aug 22, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Kyle Lohse was dealing with a sore right ankle, but is expected to rejoin the Brewers’ rotation on Monday to start against the Padres.
Aug 21, 2014, 7:11 AM EDT
No one can stop the Nats. Who, as one young lad on their team says, are playing “absolutely epic” baseball right now.
Aug 20, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Milwaukee had already shut down Jim Henderson for the season with shoulder problems and now the Brewers announced that the 31-year-old reliever will undergo a “clean up” surgery on his labrum and rotator cuff.
Aug 20, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
A bases-loaded walk helped the Tigers win a game. A walkoff plunking gave the Cardinals the win. And the crew in Chicago couldn’t get a tarp on the field. Can anyone around here play this game anymore?
Aug 19, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Baseball used to be fun, darn it.
Aug 18, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
Doug Fister was a perfectly useful pitcher for Detroit, but he didn’t show up on the radar gun. Now, Fister is leading the National not the playoffs while the Tigers are fighting to stay alive.
Aug 16, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Kyle Lohse left his start against the Cubs on Wednesday after he aggravated a right ankle sprain and the Brewers will skip his next turn in the rotation in order to give him some rest.
Aug 15, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
The Brewers will be without Tyler Thornburg and Jim Henderson for the rest of the season due to elbow and shoulder injuries, respectively.
Aug 15, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
Joe Posnanski ranks all 30 MLB ballparks. Spoiler alert: Wrigley Field is No. 1.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 14, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
“It’s not like I can’t play. I obviously can play.”
Aug 12, 2014, 6:49 AM EDT
The Kansas City Royals are in first place. In mid-August. This is nor a drill.
Aug 11, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
Don’t worry, I’m hearing that Ruben Amaro, Jr. is already trying to get in touch with his agent.
Aug 10, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Clayton Kershaw made a spectacular defensive play in the fifth inning of Sunday’s win against the Brewers.
Aug 9, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Seemingly always injured, Hanley Ramirez is out of Saturday’s lineup after experiencing tightness in his right side prior to Friday’s game against the Brewers.
Aug 9, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
Crazy things tend to happen when Yasiel Puig is around. Here’s the latest example.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (75)