Dec 14, 2014, 9:02 AM EST
The Twins introduced new starting pitcher Ervin Santana at press conference Saturday in Minneapolis …
Dec 13, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
The move clears a spot for the newly-signed Ervin Santana on the Twins’ 40-man roster.
Dec 11, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 11, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Last offseason Ervin Santana had so much trouble securing a multi-year contract after turning down a qualifying offer that he settled for a one-year, $14.1 million deal with the Braves.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:45 AM EST
Right now the largest free agent contract in the history of the Minnesota Twins is four years and $49 million to Ricky Nolasco last offseason.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:32 PM EST
Liriano was a buy-low pickup for the Pirates two offseasons ago and provided a huge return on a minimal investment.
Dec 5, 2014, 3:42 PM EST
One of the best relievers on the market is heading to New York.
Dec 1, 2014, 9:24 AM EST
They could be offering him four years.
Nov 26, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
Since there’s no such thing as a stupid question …
Nov 25, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Swarzak was due for a raise to around $1.5 million via arbitration.
Nov 19, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Liriano started 55 games for Pittsburgh with a 3.20 ERA and 338 strikeouts in 323 innings.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Minnesota columnist: Paul Molitor will crack down on those wimpy players with piddly little concussions
Nov 5, 2014, 7:56 AM EST
We’re up to round 179 of “Joe Mauer is soft” in Minnesota. And it’s frankly sickening.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 29, 2014, 12:49 PM EST
Twins fans may want to look away.
Oct 24, 2014, 1:05 PM EST
GM salaries are about to skyrocket.
Oct 22, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Not so long ago that option looked like it might be a bargain, as Burton went from scrap-heap pickup to one of the league’s best setup men, but he showed major signs of decline this season while throwing 64 innings with a 4.36 ERA.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:40 AM EST
Behold, one of the worst “hot takes” you’ll see.
Sep 29, 2014, 7:29 PM EST
Plouffe is expected to be ready for spring training.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
For a few years there, I saw it as my personal mission to the spread the gospel of Ron Gardenhire.
Sep 29, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
If the Dodgers want the rest of Nolasco’s contract the Twins would surely be happy to give it to them.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 28, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
There are still three undecided races heading into the final day of the regular season: the American League Central, the National League Central, and the second American League Wild Card spot. Let’s get weird.
Sep 28, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
It was the second-to-last day of the regular season, and you probably already saw what happened in the games that mattered. But in case you didn’t …
Sep 27, 2014, 11:20 PM EST
The Tigers and Royals both lost, which means that the AL Central won’t be decided until Sunday afternoon.
- Troy Tulowitzki trade between the Rockies and Mets is “not happening” 10
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 28
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 15
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)