Aug 20, 2015, 7:41 AM EDT
Henry Urrutia played the hero in Baltimore last night.
Aug 19, 2015, 6:08 PM EDT
All three homers were surrendered by Mariners reliever Joe Beimel, who told MLB.com’s Greg Johns after the 7-2 loss that he felt a “grabbing” sensation in his left arm during the appearance.
Aug 14, 2015, 7:32 AM EDT
With Kyle Schwarber the Cubs putting the other wild card contenders behind them, we may get some Thunderdome races in the NL East and West: Two teams enter, one team leaves.
Aug 7, 2015, 7:32 PM EDT
The Rangers are adding a right-handed power bat in Mike Napoli, something they were sorely lacking.
Jul 1, 2015, 7:31 AM EDT
Shutouts are rare in baseball these days. M’s rookie Mike Montgomery has two in a row.
Jun 30, 2015, 7:32 AM EDT
Mike Trout put on a clinic against the Yankees last night.
May 31, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Rangers will be without third baseman Adrian Beltre for a couple of weeks at least after he sprained his thumb on Sunday.
May 27, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
Four walkoff wins last night.
May 22, 2015, 7:19 AM EDT
The Giants own the Dodgers at AT&T Park. And the Madison Bumgarner owned Clayton Kershaw. At least yesterday.
May 18, 2015, 6:01 AM EDT
I know, Shelby. I can’t believe the “Mad Men” finale either.
May 13, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
Moreland missed exactly 15 days following surgery to remove loose bodies from his left elbow.
Apr 29, 2015, 4:46 PM EDT
Moreland missed much of last season with an ankle injury, but was off to a nice start hitting .304 with an .849 OPS through 16 games.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Trevor Bauer struck out eleven, walked five and gave up no hits. In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice . . .
Apr 2, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Will this get worse before it gets better?
Jan 23, 2015, 6:34 PM EDT
The Rangers and Mitch Moreland settled on a $2.95 million salary for the 2015 season, avoiding arbitration.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Aug 29, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
The injury-ravaged Rangers managed to tie a major league record for all the wrong reasons when they called up Ryan Rua from Triple-A on Friday.
Jun 24, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Signed to a minor-league contract by the Rangers last week, veteran first baseman is back in the majors as part of Texas’ never-ending need for injury reinforcements.
Jun 17, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
The blows keep coming for the battered Rangers. According to beat writer Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, first baseman Mitch Moreland informed the club on Tuesday evening that he will undergo reconstructive surgery on his left ankle and miss the remainder of the 2014 season.
Jun 17, 2014, 1:14 PM EDT
In their never-ending quest to find depth in a season filled with injuries, the Rangers have signed veteran first baseman Carlos Pena to a minor-league contract.
Jun 9, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Yesterday the Rangers announced that first baseman/outfielder Mitch Moreland would miss three months following ankle surgery, but now those plans have changed.
Jun 9, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Because the Rangers injury news apparently never stops, now infielder Rougned Odor will be examined further by team doctors today after leaving Sunday’s game with a shoulder injury.
Jun 8, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
The Rangers can’t catch a break. The day the Kendrys Morales deal with the Twins is finalized, they learn Mitch Moreland will miss three months due to ankle surgery.
Jun 6, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Kendrys Morales can add another suitor to the list now that he is no longer attached to draft pick compensation.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 54
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)