Aug 25, 2015, 7:13 AM EDT
A couple of walkoffs and several big, big innings around Major League Baseball last night.
Aug 8, 2015, 7:01 AM EDT
Jose Bautista homers in the tenth inning to give the Jays the first round in their series with the Yankees.
Jul 27, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A monster day for the young — Mike Trout — and for the old — David Ortiz.
Jul 2, 2015, 7:22 AM EDT
This is what your face looks like when you give up your first hit of the game with two outs in the ninth inning.
Jun 24, 2014, 6:44 AM EDT
Two guys had multiple homer games last night. Four teams got shutout. Just another night in the all-or-nothing age of Major League Baseball
May 1, 2014, 6:53 AM EDT
In today’s ATH we offer a few quick history lessons too. For example, did you know that “And That Happened” used to be called “Hark, this Occurred” back when it was a print feature? True story.
Mar 4, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Miami Marlins. The Big Question: Can the Marlins lose fewer than 100 games? The Marlins lost exactly 100 games…
Aug 10, 2013, 10:37 PM EDT
Before Braves reliever Jordan Walden uncorked a wild pitch with a runner on third base in the top of the ninth tonight, the Marlins hadn’t scored since the fifth inning on Thursday against the Pirates. As Adeiny Hechavarria crossed home plate on the errant pitch, he broke a scoreless tie, allowing for closer Steve Cishek…
Jun 7, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez continues to deal with tightness in his left hamstring and, as a result, is not in the Dodger lineup for the second consecutive night. Ramirez had spent a month on the disabled list before being reinstated on Tuesday. He has one hit and one walk in nine trips to the plate…
Jul 30, 2012, 2:35 PM EDT
The Blue Jays and the Giants may still be interested in Justin Morneau, but count out the Dodgers, says Ken Rosenthal: #Dodgers no longer a fit for Morneau. They sent their only suitable young starter, Nate Eovaldi, to #Marlins in Hanley Ramirez trade. — Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 30, 2012 That is backed by…
Jul 6, 2012, 5:50 AM EDT
Mets 6, Phillies 5: The R.A. Dickey vs. Cole Hamels matchup didn’t pan out as some expected, but David Wright took care of things, going 3 for 5 with four RBI including the game winner. Cardinals 6, Rockies 2: Lance Lynn had been skidding but the Rockies cured his ills. The Rockies cure everyone’s ills.…
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (251)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)