Dec 11, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EST
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Aug 21, 2014, 1:43 PM EST
Texas not trading impending free agent reliever Neal Cotts before the July 31 deadline was surprising and now they’re going to hang onto the left-hander for the rest of the season.
Aug 5, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Cotts had a career 4.63 ERA through 2009 and didn’t pitch in the majors at all from 2010-2012, but since joining the Rangers in 2013 he’s thrown 105 innings with a 2.14 ERA and 117/36 K/BB ratio.
Jul 19, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
The Rangers, with baseball’s worst record, are expected to sell off some expendable veterans, but they won’t be getting rid of everybody.
Jul 16, 2014, 1:20 PM EST
The last-place Rangers have started to sell off veterans, trading reliever Jason Frasor to the Royals for minor leaguer Spencer Patton.
Jul 9, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Texas has the second-worst record in the league at 38-52 and when the Rangers start selling off veterans near the trade deadline T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that relievers Jason Frasor and Neal Cotts will likely be on the block.
Feb 7, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
We tried this with the rotations the other day. Once again, I’ll be dipping into my 2014 projections here to rank the bullpens. To come up with the following bullpen ERAs, I simply combined each team’s seven highest-IP relievers, according to my projections. AL Royals – 2.93 Red Sox – 3.14 Athletics – 3.16 Rangers…
Jan 15, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
There is always a lot of “avoided arbitration” news around this time, so enjoy the exciting news. Per Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the Rangers and reliever Neal Cotts avoided arbitration on a one-year deal worth $2.2 million. Cotts, soon to be 34, had a fantastic 2013 season, his first in the big…
Sep 29, 2013, 6:35 PM EST
The Rangers and Rays entered today’s action — the final day of regular season action — tied for the second AL Wild Card spot and remained so at the end of the day. While the Indians secured themselves top billing in the AL Wild Card play-in game, the Rangers and Rays will have to play…
Sep 22, 2013, 6:05 PM EST
“The enemy of my enemy is my friend” was the theme today as Royals outfielder Justin Maxwell hit a walk-off grand slam in the 10th inning against the Rangers, clinching the AL West for the Athletics in the process. The Athletics entered the afternoon with a magic number of one, meaning that either a Rangers…
Aug 30, 2013, 11:30 PM EST
Rangers starter Yu Darvish brought a no-hitter into the seventh inning for the third time this season, but things quickly started to unravel after the right-hander began the inning with a 2-0 lead. Darvish walked Brian Dozier, then fell behind Chris Herrmann 2-0. He then threw a 91 MPH cutter over the plate, which Herrmann…
Jul 13, 2013, 11:00 PM EST
Tigers starter Max Scherzer entered his final start of the first half a sterling 13-0 with a 3.06 ERA. With a victory over the Rangers tonight, he could have improved to 14-0, matching Roger Clemens’ historic start in 1986. The Rangers, however, had other ideas. Scherzer allowed three runs in the top of the third…
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 24
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 28
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)