Aug 21, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
The Twins bolstered their bullpen in acquiring Neal Cotts from the Brewers on Friday.
Aug 21, 2015, 2:08 PM EDT
Milwaukee may be looking to deal lefty Neal Cotts.
Jan 31, 2015, 12:40 PM EDT
The Brewers remain in the market for a closer, but trade talks for Papelbon don’t have much momentum at the moment.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:50 PM EDT
Neal Cotts battled numerous injuries and nearly called it quits before the Rangers signed him to a minor league deal in 2012.
Jan 29, 2015, 8:02 PM EDT
Cotts compiled a 2.84 ERA in 131 appearances with the Rangers over the past two seasons.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EDT
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Aug 21, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
Texas not trading impending free agent reliever Neal Cotts before the July 31 deadline was surprising and now they’re going to hang onto the left-hander for the rest of the season.
Aug 5, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Cotts had a career 4.63 ERA through 2009 and didn’t pitch in the majors at all from 2010-2012, but since joining the Rangers in 2013 he’s thrown 105 innings with a 2.14 ERA and 117/36 K/BB ratio.
Jul 19, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
The Rangers, with baseball’s worst record, are expected to sell off some expendable veterans, but they won’t be getting rid of everybody.
Jul 16, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
The last-place Rangers have started to sell off veterans, trading reliever Jason Frasor to the Royals for minor leaguer Spencer Patton.
Jul 9, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Texas has the second-worst record in the league at 38-52 and when the Rangers start selling off veterans near the trade deadline T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that relievers Jason Frasor and Neal Cotts will likely be on the block.
Feb 7, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
We tried this with the rotations the other day. Once again, I’ll be dipping into my 2014 projections here to rank the bullpens. To come up with the following bullpen ERAs, I simply combined each team’s seven highest-IP relievers, according to my projections. AL Royals – 2.93 Red Sox – 3.14 Athletics – 3.16 Rangers…
Jan 15, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
There is always a lot of “avoided arbitration” news around this time, so enjoy the exciting news. Per Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the Rangers and reliever Neal Cotts avoided arbitration on a one-year deal worth $2.2 million. Cotts, soon to be 34, had a fantastic 2013 season, his first in the big…
Sep 29, 2013, 6:35 PM EDT
The Rangers and Rays entered today’s action — the final day of regular season action — tied for the second AL Wild Card spot and remained so at the end of the day. While the Indians secured themselves top billing in the AL Wild Card play-in game, the Rangers and Rays will have to play…
Sep 22, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
“The enemy of my enemy is my friend” was the theme today as Royals outfielder Justin Maxwell hit a walk-off grand slam in the 10th inning against the Rangers, clinching the AL West for the Athletics in the process. The Athletics entered the afternoon with a magic number of one, meaning that either a Rangers…
Aug 30, 2013, 11:30 PM EDT
Rangers starter Yu Darvish brought a no-hitter into the seventh inning for the third time this season, but things quickly started to unravel after the right-hander began the inning with a 2-0 lead. Darvish walked Brian Dozier, then fell behind Chris Herrmann 2-0. He then threw a 91 MPH cutter over the plate, which Herrmann…
Jul 13, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
Tigers starter Max Scherzer entered his final start of the first half a sterling 13-0 with a 3.06 ERA. With a victory over the Rangers tonight, he could have improved to 14-0, matching Roger Clemens’ historic start in 1986. The Rangers, however, had other ideas. Scherzer allowed three runs in the top of the third…
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 10
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 102
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (106)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)