Aug 21, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
Aramis Ramirez to first base, Pedro Alvarez to the bench?
Aug 21, 2015, 7:22 AM EDT
Both Texas teams were on the wrong end of one-hit shutouts last night, the Rangers by Alfredo Simon, the Astros by Chris Archer.
Jul 25, 2015, 8:58 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a big win for the Pirates.
Jul 11, 2015, 8:58 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including an important NL Central battle.
Jul 2, 2015, 7:22 AM EDT
This is what your face looks like when you give up your first hit of the game with two outs in the ninth inning.
Jul 1, 2015, 7:31 AM EDT
Shutouts are rare in baseball these days. M’s rookie Mike Montgomery has two in a row.
Jun 15, 2015, 7:40 AM EDT
Miguel Cabrera thought about leasing Corey Kluber but he talked with his financial advisor and determined that owning him was the better option.
Jun 2, 2015, 6:59 AM EDT
Today: lessons in (a) how to call people by their proper name; (b) why you watch an entire game; and (c) how to commit seppuku. Really!
May 29, 2015, 7:13 AM EDT
Corey Kulber’s last four starts: 3-0 with 50 strikeouts and two walks in 32 innings. Yowza.
May 9, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
The Pirates turned an odd 4-5-4 triple play in the second inning against the Cardinals.
Feb 21, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
As usual, teams in general won at a slightly better rate than players in arbitration hearings. 2014 saw the most arbitration hearings since 2001.
Feb 7, 2015, 3:10 PM EDT
Walker lost his arbitration case against the Pirates even coming off the best season of his career.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 12, 2015, 12:51 PM EDT
There is an option for 2019 as well.
Jan 10, 2015, 8:58 AM EDT
The two sides are reportedly close to a four-year deal.
Dec 11, 2014, 10:18 AM EDT
Walker is under team control for 2015 and 2016.
Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EDT
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Oct 1, 2014, 4:04 PM EDT
Not a ton of surprises. Gaby Sanchez in at first over Ike Davis because of the lefty on the hill. Otherwise, play ball.
Sep 27, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT
With the loss by the Pirates, the Cardinals can clinch the National League Central with a win over the Diamondbacks tonight.
Sep 17, 2014, 10:43 PM EDT
Watch as new Red Sox outfielder collects the first hit of his major league career Wednesday night at PNC Park on a hot shot that Pirates second baseman Neil Walker couldn’t quite handle …
Jul 29, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Ask yourself: how does a dude in this position — leaning in the opposite direction of first base — turn and get anything on his throw?
Jul 23, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
Jonathan Lucory hit two homers last night, including the walkoff.
Jul 11, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
The scoreless streak is over for Clayton Kershaw, but the dominance remains.
Jul 6, 2014, 5:19 PM EDT
Pirates infielder Clint Barmes will be out for the next 4-6 weeks after suffering a Grade 3 groin strain during batting practice Saturday.
Jun 24, 2014, 10:24 PM EDT
Pirates left fielder Starling Marte banged his head into the knee of Rays infielder Sean Rodriguez while trying to steal second base in the top of the fifth inning Tuesday. A little white later, the Bucs revealed that Marte is experiencing concussion-like symptoms.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (97)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (97)