New York Mets
Jan 17, 2015, 10:05 AM EST
Murphy has produced a .288/.327/.407 batting line over the past three seasons.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 16, 2015, 7:42 PM EST
The Mets still have a few potential takers for starter Dillon Gee. They settled on a $5.3 million salary for the 2015 season on Friday.
Jan 14, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Wright has made enough progress in his recovery from a season-ending shoulder injury that the Mets third baseman has begun hitting off a tee.
Jan 12, 2015, 11:03 PM EST
The Mets have been shopping Dillon Gee for most of the winter and it appears that they could finally find a match soon.
Jan 11, 2015, 8:17 PM EST
The Nationals, Mets, and Rays engaged in a discussion that would have resulted in a blockbuster trade involving Ben Zobrist and Ian Desmond. Alas, it was not meant to be.
Jan 10, 2015, 4:26 PM EST
Here’s a friendly reminder that Valverde served as the Mets’ closer for a stretch last season.
Jan 8, 2015, 12:15 PM EST
Ankiel “will draw on his vast experience as a player to help mentor Nationals farmhands.”
Jan 7, 2015, 11:02 AM EST
Parnell made just one appearance last season before undergoing Tommy John elbow surgery.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 20, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Tulowitzki would immediately take the Mets from a “maybe” contender to a “legitimate” contender, but don’t get your hopes up.
Dec 19, 2014, 9:05 AM EST
But one insider says the package the Rockies are asking for Tulo is “bats**t”
Dec 18, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Get excited, I guess.
Dec 17, 2014, 9:46 AM EST
But he could start the home opener
Dec 15, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Germen spent parts of the past two seasons in the Mets’ bullpen, posting a combined 4.31 ERA with 64 strikeouts in 65 innings.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:47 PM EST
Rockies general manager Jeff Bridich acknowledged to Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post that he has discussed specific trade packages with the Mets, but Bridich added that no deal is imminent.
Dec 10, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
Now that Jon Lester has settled on a team, inking a six-year, $155 million contract late Tuesday night with the Cubs, the focus of the starting pitching market turns to Max Scherzer and James Shields.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:09 PM EST
Gee, who is from Texas, owns a 3.91 ERA over 103 starts and three relief appearances in the majors.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
More so than Bartolo Colon and Jon Niese, even.
Dec 7, 2014, 10:50 PM EST
Ruben Tejada out, Wilmer Flores in.
Dec 5, 2014, 11:08 AM EST
It’s not just The Man who Would Replace Derek Jeter in this deal. But let’s talk about that for a second too.
Dec 4, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
Both players would fit with several teams in part-time duty or in a bench role.
Dec 3, 2014, 12:22 AM EST
A list of all of the new free agents in advance of Tuesday’s midnight deadline.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Too many pitchers, not enough rotation spots.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
Matsuzaka spent the past two seasons with the Mets.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 35
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 51
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (88)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)