New York Mets
Dec 17, 2014, 9:46 AM EST
But he could start the home opener
Dec 15, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Germen spent parts of the past two seasons in the Mets’ bullpen, posting a combined 4.31 ERA with 64 strikeouts in 65 innings.
Dec 11, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:47 PM EST
Rockies general manager Jeff Bridich acknowledged to Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post that he has discussed specific trade packages with the Mets, but Bridich added that no deal is imminent.
Dec 10, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
Now that Jon Lester has settled on a team, inking a six-year, $155 million contract late Tuesday night with the Cubs, the focus of the starting pitching market turns to Max Scherzer and James Shields.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:09 PM EST
Gee, who is from Texas, owns a 3.91 ERA over 103 starts and three relief appearances in the majors.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
More so than Bartolo Colon and Jon Niese, even.
Dec 7, 2014, 10:50 PM EST
Ruben Tejada out, Wilmer Flores in.
Dec 5, 2014, 11:08 AM EST
It’s not just The Man who Would Replace Derek Jeter in this deal. But let’s talk about that for a second too.
Dec 4, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
Both players would fit with several teams in part-time duty or in a bench role.
Dec 3, 2014, 12:22 AM EST
A list of all of the new free agents in advance of Tuesday’s midnight deadline.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Too many pitchers, not enough rotation spots.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
Matsuzaka spent the past two seasons with the Mets.
Nov 22, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
The Rockies added a bit of pitching depth, signing John Lannan to a minor league deal.
Nov 19, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
And, at the moment, Harvey is on board with that.
Nov 15, 2014, 10:45 AM EST
For the first time in a long time the Mets are talking about winning. Not just talking about thinking about winning.
Nov 13, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
This time it’s Jon Niese who gets the treatment.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
A strong finish gave deGrom the edge over Billy Hamilton and Kolten Wong.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:23 PM EST
Joins Albert Pujols, Evan Longoria and Mike Trout as unanimous winners.
Nov 8, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
Bothered by the shoulder issue for a large chunk of the season, Wright had career-lows with eight home runs and a .693 OPS in 134 games this year.
Nov 8, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
This is Molina’s third Platinum Glove Award in the four-year history of the award.
Nov 4, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
The 2014 Rawlings Gold Glove Award recipients are being revealed during an hour-long special airing right now (7:00 p.m. ET) on ESPN2. We will list all of the winners here, position-by-position, as they are announced by the Baseball Tonight crew …
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Oct 31, 2014, 10:19 AM EST
Matsuzaka left Japan in 2007 to sign a six-year, $52 million contract with the Red Sox and had immediate success, but dating back to 2009 he’s combined to throw 418 innings with a 5.10 ERA.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 15
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 74
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 140
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (140)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)