New York Mets
Nov 22, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
The Rockies added a bit of pitching depth, signing John Lannan to a minor league deal.
Nov 19, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
And, at the moment, Harvey is on board with that.
Nov 15, 2014, 10:45 AM EST
For the first time in a long time the Mets are talking about winning. Not just talking about thinking about winning.
Nov 13, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
This time it’s Jon Niese who gets the treatment.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
A strong finish gave deGrom the edge over Billy Hamilton and Kolten Wong.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:23 PM EST
Joins Albert Pujols, Evan Longoria and Mike Trout as unanimous winners.
Nov 8, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
Bothered by the shoulder issue for a large chunk of the season, Wright had career-lows with eight home runs and a .693 OPS in 134 games this year.
Nov 8, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
This is Molina’s third Platinum Glove Award in the four-year history of the award.
Nov 4, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
The 2014 Rawlings Gold Glove Award recipients are being revealed during an hour-long special airing right now (7:00 p.m. ET) on ESPN2. We will list all of the winners here, position-by-position, as they are announced by the Baseball Tonight crew …
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Oct 31, 2014, 10:19 AM EST
Matsuzaka left Japan in 2007 to sign a six-year, $52 million contract with the Red Sox and had immediate success, but dating back to 2009 he’s combined to throw 418 innings with a 5.10 ERA.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:24 PM EST
The Fielding Bible Awards are back. And they have an interesting wrinkle this time around.
Oct 25, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
This is the second hernia surgery in the back-end of the Mets’ bullpen since the end of the season, as closer Jenrry Mejia had his earlier this month.
Oct 25, 2014, 3:29 PM EST
Wright is expected to be re-evaluated in a couple of weeks and hopes to avoid surgery.
Oct 23, 2014, 6:06 PM EST
For the majority of Long’s tenure the Yankees had one of the elite offenses in baseball and overall from 2007-2014 they scored MLB’s second-most runs, but the lineup fell apart during the past two seasons due to aging and injuries.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 13, 2014, 7:04 PM EST
The latest round of changes to Citi Field will be specific to the right field and right-center field fences.
Oct 11, 2014, 10:17 AM EST
Kevin Long was fired as hitting coach of the Yankees yesterday after eight seasons, but he might not have to look very far for his next opportunity.
Players are concerned their routines will be messed up as a result of pace of play changes. Well, tough.
Oct 10, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
I’m sorry you guys feel like you’re being blamed for the slow place of play. But given that the slow pace of play is your fault, I’m having trouble having sympathy.
Oct 2, 2014, 6:47 PM EST
After taking over the Mets’ closer role in May, Mejia posted a 2.72 ERA and 60/21 K/BB ratio over 56 1/3 innings while going 28-for-31 in save opportunities.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:13 PM EST
The procedure went as planned and d’Arnaud is expected to be fully recovered by the start of spring training next February.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 29, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
All good things must come to an end.
Sep 28, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
Bobby Abreu got to finish out his playing career in style, singling in the fifth inning before being removed for a pinch-runner so he could face a Citi Field crowd giving him a standing ovation.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 77
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 41
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (86)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)