New York Mets
Jul 26, 2015, 2:04 PM EDT
Greinke’s streak started on June 13, and he hadn’t allowed a runner to reach third base since June 23.
Jul 25, 2015, 5:29 PM EDT
The Mets want Tulo, but so far the Rockies aren’t willing to part with their star shortstop.
Jul 25, 2015, 12:54 PM EDT
Technology is pretty cool.
Jul 25, 2015, 11:10 AM EDT
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson told reporters Thursday that he has no plans on trading Matt Harvey, Jacob deGrom, Noah Syndergaard, or Steven Matz. However, it appears that another one of their young guns is on the table in the right deal.
Jul 25, 2015, 10:01 AM EDT
John Mayberry, Jr. batted cleanup against Dodgers left-hander Clayton Kershaw on Thursday night. Now he’s a goner.
Jul 24, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
The Mets’ trade with the Braves to acquire Juan Uribe and Kelly Johnson wasn’t a star-studded transaction, but it should still benefit them in the final two months.
Mets (finally) place Michael Cuddyer on disabled list and (finally) call up prospect Michael Conforto
Jul 24, 2015, 11:26 AM EDT
Mets fans finally get what they wanted on two fronts.
Jul 23, 2015, 8:47 PM EDT
Kershaw was perfect until Curtis Granderson led off the bottom of the seventh inning with a single.
Jul 23, 2015, 8:19 PM EDT
Wright has been limited to just eight games this season.
Jul 23, 2015, 4:26 PM EDT
There’s help on the way for the Mets’ lineup even if they don’t make a trade.
Jul 22, 2015, 7:35 AM EDT
It was a big night for slugging catchers, Kyle Schwarber chief among them.
Jul 21, 2015, 12:07 PM EDT
They’re going to give him a couple more days. Meanwhile, he’s missed six of the Mets’ 15 games in August and left early in three others.
Jul 21, 2015, 6:53 AM EDT
Albert Pujols hit three homers in the Angels doubleheader, passing Mike Trout for the AL lead and passing Mike Schmidt on the all-time list.
Jul 19, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
Michael Cuddyer may need to go on the disabled list. Could that spur the Mets to call up prospect Michael Conforto?
Jul 19, 2015, 9:05 PM EDT
Zack Greinke is 15 1/3 innings away from matching Orel Hershiser’s major league record of 59 consecutive scoreless innings. Exactly how good has he been, and how does he compare to Hershiser?
Jul 19, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
18 innings of offensive ineptitude was on display in St. Louis as the Cardinals and the Mets played their series finale on Sunday afternoon.
Jul 17, 2015, 6:02 PM EDT
Michael Cuddyer struggled to the tune of a .244/.294/.367 batting line during the first half while dealing with a nagging injury to his left knee.
Jul 17, 2015, 9:33 AM EDT
This will raise eyebrows, but it’s hard to disagree with what he’s actually saying.
Jul 15, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
And Jacob deGrom was filthy as well.
Jul 14, 2015, 11:43 PM EDT
Mike Trout homered, scored twice and took part in a third scoring play as he picked up the MVP Award and led the American League to victory.
Jul 14, 2015, 10:37 PM EDT
We’re in the top of the seventh and substitutions are coming quickly, but the game remains tight.
Jul 14, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Wright has been out since mid-April with spinal stenosis.
Jul 13, 2015, 12:31 PM EDT
Bruce Bochy and Ned Yost make their picks.
Jul 11, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Matt Harvey did it both on the mound and at the plate on Saturday against the Diamondbacks.
Jul 10, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Mets have talked with the Brewers about a trade that would bolster the left side of their infield.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 62
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 41
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)