New York Mets
Sep 26, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Jon Niese left Friday’s start due to an elevated heart rate, ending his final start of the 2014 season a little bit earlier than expected.
Sep 26, 2014, 6:18 PM EST
d’Arnaud hit .272 with 10 homers and an .805 OPS in 69 games following a brief mid-season demotion to Triple-A.
Sep 26, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
He was an on-base machine who racked up 2,469 hits with 288 homers and 400 steals.
Sep 26, 2014, 12:55 PM EST
And it could be over as of Sunday. Now, let us consider Buddy Carlyle.
Sep 26, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
If someone submitted this script to Screenwriting 101, it’d be rejected as way too on-the-nose. But this ain’t Screenwriting 101. This is baseball. And that kind of stuff just sort of happens in baseball.
Sep 25, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
In a story that is sure to fly under the radar in the New York media, Mets right-hander Matt Harvey is in attendance for Derek Jeter’s final game at Yankee Stadium tonight.
Sep 25, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Anthony DiComo has a really weird superpower.
Sep 25, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
An MRI reveals it. Also: why did he just get the MRI now?
Sep 24, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Keeping injury secrets in late September is odd.
Sep 24, 2014, 12:38 AM EST
Mets closer Jenrry Mejia has been pitching through a sports hernia for basically the entire second half of the season, and he will have it repaired via surgery almost as soon as the 2014 campaign is through.
Sep 23, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Nationals center fielder Denard Span made a nice diving catch to rob Mets outfielder Matt den Dekker of a hit, but it may prove costly because he exited the game with an injury in the next half-inning.
Sep 23, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Lagares finishes his sophomore season hitting .283 with four homers and a .706 OPS in 115 games, which along with spectacular defense makes him one of the 10 most valuable all-around center fielders in baseball according to Wins Above Replacement.
Sep 23, 2014, 2:49 PM EST
Last week deGrom tied the MLB record by striking out the first eight batters he faced against the Marlins and overall since mid-June he has a 1.90 ERA in 15 starts.
Sep 22, 2014, 5:14 AM EST
The Royals salvage one and their hopes of an AL Central title remain alive.
Sep 20, 2014, 9:31 AM EST
A fan sacrificed his popcorn to catch a home run ball last night at Turner Field.
Sep 19, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
There isn’t much time left in the regular season, which may mean Mets fans won’t see Juan Lagares patrol the outfield until spring training in 2015.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Beer showers on the Beltway as the Nats and Orioles both clinch
Sep 16, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
Lagares has dramatically out-performed expectations offensively this season, hitting .283 with four homers and a .706 OPS in 115 games, and his defense in center field has always been Gold Glove caliber.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 15, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
Jim DeShaies previously did it with the Astros in a start against the Dodgers on September 23, 1986.
Sep 15, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
“Everything we were trying to accomplish this season has been accomplished.”
Sep 15, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
Mets reliever Vic Black has been shut down with a shoulder injury just one week after returning from a disabled list stint for a herniated disk in his back.
Sep 13, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Zack Wheeler threw a fastball to Bryce Harper in the second inning that he’d like to take back, if possible.
Sep 13, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
The Mets have told Jenrry Mejia to tone down his post-save celebration in fears that it is showing up the opposition.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 48
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 40
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)