New York Mets
Nov 13, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
This time it’s Jon Niese who gets the treatment.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
A strong finish gave deGrom the edge over Billy Hamilton and Kolten Wong.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:23 PM EST
Joins Albert Pujols, Evan Longoria and Mike Trout as unanimous winners.
Nov 8, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
Bothered by the shoulder issue for a large chunk of the season, Wright had career-lows with eight home runs and a .693 OPS in 134 games this year.
Nov 8, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
This is Molina’s third Platinum Glove Award in the four-year history of the award.
Nov 4, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
The 2014 Rawlings Gold Glove Award recipients are being revealed during an hour-long special airing right now (7:00 p.m. ET) on ESPN2. We will list all of the winners here, position-by-position, as they are announced by the Baseball Tonight crew …
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Oct 31, 2014, 10:19 AM EST
Matsuzaka left Japan in 2007 to sign a six-year, $52 million contract with the Red Sox and had immediate success, but dating back to 2009 he’s combined to throw 418 innings with a 5.10 ERA.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:24 PM EST
The Fielding Bible Awards are back. And they have an interesting wrinkle this time around.
Oct 25, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
This is the second hernia surgery in the back-end of the Mets’ bullpen since the end of the season, as closer Jenrry Mejia had his earlier this month.
Oct 25, 2014, 3:29 PM EST
Wright is expected to be re-evaluated in a couple of weeks and hopes to avoid surgery.
Oct 23, 2014, 6:06 PM EST
For the majority of Long’s tenure the Yankees had one of the elite offenses in baseball and overall from 2007-2014 they scored MLB’s second-most runs, but the lineup fell apart during the past two seasons due to aging and injuries.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 13, 2014, 7:04 PM EST
The latest round of changes to Citi Field will be specific to the right field and right-center field fences.
Oct 11, 2014, 10:17 AM EST
Kevin Long was fired as hitting coach of the Yankees yesterday after eight seasons, but he might not have to look very far for his next opportunity.
Players are concerned their routines will be messed up as a result of pace of play changes. Well, tough.
Oct 10, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
I’m sorry you guys feel like you’re being blamed for the slow place of play. But given that the slow pace of play is your fault, I’m having trouble having sympathy.
Oct 2, 2014, 6:47 PM EST
After taking over the Mets’ closer role in May, Mejia posted a 2.72 ERA and 60/21 K/BB ratio over 56 1/3 innings while going 28-for-31 in save opportunities.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:13 PM EST
The procedure went as planned and d’Arnaud is expected to be fully recovered by the start of spring training next February.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 29, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
All good things must come to an end.
Sep 28, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
Bobby Abreu got to finish out his playing career in style, singling in the fifth inning before being removed for a pinch-runner so he could face a Citi Field crowd giving him a standing ovation.
Sep 26, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Jon Niese left Friday’s start due to an elevated heart rate, ending his final start of the 2014 season a little bit earlier than expected.
Sep 26, 2014, 6:18 PM EST
d’Arnaud hit .272 with 10 homers and an .805 OPS in 69 games following a brief mid-season demotion to Triple-A.
Sep 26, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
He was an on-base machine who racked up 2,469 hits with 288 homers and 400 steals.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)