New York Mets
Jun 23, 2014, 4:07 PM EDT
Could be the best game plan for multiple reasons, actually.
Jun 23, 2014, 6:42 AM EDT
Mike Napoli stole home. Though, really, we should call what he did something else. Also: are we at “Peak Brandon” in Major League Baseball?
Jun 22, 2014, 11:25 PM EDT
The Mets have to choose which catcher they want to keep around to serve as the back-up when Travis d’Arnaud returns on Tuesday.
Jun 20, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Marcell Ozuna saved the Marlins with a game-ending throw to home plate to nail Kirk Nieuwenhuis.
Jun 20, 2014, 7:11 AM EDT
Two of the most promising young arms in baseball met last night. But Zack Wheeler got the best of Andrew Heaney on the occasion of the latter’s major league debut.
Jun 19, 2014, 6:17 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw was nearly perfect. And, at least by one measure, was better than a lot of guys who have thrown perfect games.
Jun 18, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Fact: you couldn’t make contact off Lance Lynn. Bartolo Colon just hit a double off him.
Jun 16, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
The Mets will hit pitcher Jacob deGrom eighth and Eric Young, Jr. ninth this evening against the Cardinals. This will be the first time in team history that they have hit the pitcher eighth.
Jun 16, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
Three days, three come-from-behind wins for the Rockies over the Giants.
Jun 14, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson offers some advice regarding Internet trade speculation.
Jun 14, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Mets outfielder Curtis Granderson has turned his season around after a slow start, but he’s currently sidelined with a left calf injury.
Jun 14, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
40-year-old Bobby Abreu was released by the Phillies at the end of spring training, but he continues to be a surprising contributor for the offense-starved Mets.
Jun 13, 2014, 12:42 PM EDT
“Why are you hitting yourself?!”
Jun 11, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Matt Harvey has insisted all along that he planned to pitch this season, but now that his recovery process from Tommy John elbow surgery has been slowed down a bit by the Mets he’s come around to the idea that it might be 2015 before he sees games action in the majors again.
Jun 11, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Outfield assist porn.
Jun 11, 2014, 6:01 AM EDT
Collin Cowgill’s walkoff homer in the 14th was something. Yoenis Cespedes’ throw in the eighth was even more something.
Jun 10, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Tony Sipp was a centerfielder at Clemson, but once he became a pitcher he thought the days of patrolling the outfield were behind him.
Jun 9, 2014, 9:32 PM EDT
Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki continues to hold the lead in the NL All-Star balloting.
Jun 9, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Arizona invested a ton of money and resources into building a strong, deep bullpen this season and yet Addison Reed has a 4.13 ERA with an astounding eight home runs allowed in 28 innings as the closer.
Jun 9, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Detroit’s bullpen is the worst in the American League. And it doesn’t seem to matter who’s closing.
Jun 9, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
Jordan Zimmermann was on point and the Nationals have won seven of their past nine and are now tied for first place.
Jun 8, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
The guy the Mets traded R.A. Dickey to get has yet to figure it out at the big league level.
Jun 6, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
The Giants get a familiar face back from the disabled list just in time to make tonight’s start against the Mets.
Jun 6, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
The Twins made it a clean sweep of relievers in Rounds 3-5, while the Phillies drafted a guy just coming off a DUI arrest.
Jun 6, 2014, 3:12 PM EDT
Takes one to know one?
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- Bartolo Colon and Scott Feldman clear revocable waivers; eligible to be traded to any team 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)