New York Mets
Jul 24, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
The Mets’ trade with the Braves to acquire Juan Uribe and Kelly Johnson wasn’t a star-studded transaction, but it should still benefit them in the final two months.
Mets (finally) place Michael Cuddyer on disabled list and (finally) call up prospect Michael Conforto
Jul 24, 2015, 11:26 AM EDT
Mets fans finally get what they wanted on two fronts.
Jul 23, 2015, 8:47 PM EDT
Kershaw was perfect until Curtis Granderson led off the bottom of the seventh inning with a single.
Jul 23, 2015, 8:19 PM EDT
Wright has been limited to just eight games this season.
Jul 23, 2015, 4:26 PM EDT
There’s help on the way for the Mets’ lineup even if they don’t make a trade.
Jul 22, 2015, 7:35 AM EDT
It was a big night for slugging catchers, Kyle Schwarber chief among them.
Jul 21, 2015, 12:07 PM EDT
They’re going to give him a couple more days. Meanwhile, he’s missed six of the Mets’ 15 games in August and left early in three others.
Jul 21, 2015, 6:53 AM EDT
Albert Pujols hit three homers in the Angels doubleheader, passing Mike Trout for the AL lead and passing Mike Schmidt on the all-time list.
Jul 19, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
Michael Cuddyer may need to go on the disabled list. Could that spur the Mets to call up prospect Michael Conforto?
Jul 19, 2015, 9:05 PM EDT
Zack Greinke is 15 1/3 innings away from matching Orel Hershiser’s major league record of 59 consecutive scoreless innings. Exactly how good has he been, and how does he compare to Hershiser?
Jul 19, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
18 innings of offensive ineptitude was on display in St. Louis as the Cardinals and the Mets played their series finale on Sunday afternoon.
Jul 17, 2015, 6:02 PM EDT
Michael Cuddyer struggled to the tune of a .244/.294/.367 batting line during the first half while dealing with a nagging injury to his left knee.
Jul 17, 2015, 9:33 AM EDT
This will raise eyebrows, but it’s hard to disagree with what he’s actually saying.
Jul 15, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
And Jacob deGrom was filthy as well.
Jul 14, 2015, 11:43 PM EDT
Mike Trout homered, scored twice and took part in a third scoring play as he picked up the MVP Award and led the American League to victory.
Jul 14, 2015, 10:37 PM EDT
We’re in the top of the seventh and substitutions are coming quickly, but the game remains tight.
Jul 14, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Wright has been out since mid-April with spinal stenosis.
Jul 13, 2015, 12:31 PM EDT
Bruce Bochy and Ned Yost make their picks.
Jul 11, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Matt Harvey did it both on the mound and at the plate on Saturday against the Diamondbacks.
Jul 10, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Mets have talked with the Brewers about a trade that would bolster the left side of their infield.
Jul 9, 2015, 8:26 PM EDT
Mets rookie left-hander Steven Matz has 1.32 ERA over his first two starts in the majors while driving in five runs, but it will be a while before we see him again.
Jul 9, 2015, 12:22 PM EDT
A great read about baseball’s oldest and maybe it’s most interesting pitcher.
Jul 8, 2015, 2:04 PM EDT
A bum knee and bad production and another year left on his deal.
Jul 7, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Jenrry Mejia is back with the Mets after missing 80 games due to a positive test for Stanozolol.
Jul 7, 2015, 6:55 AM EDT
Not-an-All-Star Brian Dozier showed that, while his .500+ slugging percentage is apparently not worth a trip to Cincinnati, it’s worth something.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)