New York Mets
May 16, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Lagares must’ve run over Terry Collins’ dog or something.
May 15, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Fresh off being bumped from the starting rotation earlier this week, Jenrry Mejia could soon emerge as the Mets’ closer.
May 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Mets catcher Travis d’Arnaud has been placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list after being struck on the head by Alfonso Soriano’s backswing Tuesday night.
May 14, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
The Mets’ bullpen has been in a constant state of flux and it continued Wednesday night when they released Kyle Farnsworth.
May 14, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Mets catcher Travis d’Arnaud received the bunt of Alfonso Soriano’s backswing and may need some time on the seven-day concussion DL to recuperate.
May 14, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Dillon Gee’s remarkable run dating back to last season will be put on hold, as the Mets have placed the right-hander on the disabled list with a strained lat muscle.
May 14, 2014, 7:04 AM EDT
1-0 leads heading into the ninth were not safe last night.
May 13, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg lost six pounds in two days, and blamed it on a hamburger he ate this past weekend at the Mets’ Citi Field. Now he has a corroborator, and it’s someone from the home team.
May 13, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
The worst fears are realized.
May 13, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
I saw the best arms of my generation destroyed by sliders
May 13, 2014, 5:49 AM EDT
The Cubs give Travis Wood more run support in this game than Jeff Samardzija has had in his eight starts combined this year.
May 12, 2014, 9:16 PM EDT
Alfonso Soriano notched his 1,000th hit in the American League this evening against the Mets.
May 12, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
General manager Sandy Alderson just announced that 23-year-old pitching prospect Rafael Montero is on his way to New York to join the Mets’ rotation for the Subway Series against the Yankees.
May 12, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Veteran reliever Frank Francisco is back in the majors, as the White Sox have called up the 34-year-old right-hander from Triple-A.
May 12, 2014, 6:33 AM EDT
Derek Norris smacked two homers and Gio Gonzalez flashed some Natitude
May 11, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
24-year-old right-hander Jeurys Familia has been solid out of the bullpen for the Mets, and manager Terry Collins says he could be the club’s new closer soon.
May 10, 2014, 12:05 AM EDT
The Mets may continue to waffle with pitcher Jenrry Mejia as they are considering moving him into the bullpen.
May 9, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Mets first baseman Lucas Duda was hospitalized on Friday prior to the start of their series opener against the Phillies.
May 9, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
The rehab is going well.
May 7, 2014, 12:28 PM EDT
They’ve already set a new modern record for the most hitless at-bats to begin a season, but the Mets’ pitchers aren’t done yet. After another 0-for yesterday the pitching staff is a collective 0-for-55 at the plate this year.
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EDT
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
May 5, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
What a fun, relaxing weekend. Not just for all of us who watched races and sipped julep. It was relaxing for Carlos Beltran too.
May 4, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Nolan Arenado is having a heck of a great start to the year. He made an early case for the Gold Glove award with a mid-air assist to third base.
May 4, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Rockies’ impressive third baseman continued to hit on Sunday against the Mets, and is within arm’s reach of the Rockies’ franchise record for consecutive games with a hit.
May 3, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Mets pitchers have combined to set a rather ignominious record to start the season.
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 0
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 3
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 61
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 29
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (155)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)