New York Mets
Sep 13, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
The Mets have told Jenrry Mejia to tone down his post-save celebration in fears that it is showing up the opposition.
Sep 12, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Most players don’t predict specific wins. Matt Harvey is not most players.
Sep 12, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
If you shorted Advil stock yesterday, well, bully for you.
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Sep 10, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
Daniel Murphy has made all 126 of his starts this season at second base and hasn’t played an inning at third base since 2011.
Sep 10, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
He’s the first player with zero runs and zero RBI in a game with five or more hits since Adam Kennedy in August of 2009.
Sep 10, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Specifically: bringing in the walls in right-center.
Sep 10, 2014, 6:50 AM EST
Yusmeiro Petit was a study in efficiency as the Giants solidified their hold on the top wild card slot in the National League and pulled to within two and a half of the Dodgers.
Sep 9, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
The Mets will be without their seven-time All-Star the rest of the way.
Sep 9, 2014, 4:26 PM EST
Just last week David Wright was saying his season-long shoulder problems finally felt improved and he had a few good games in a row, but now the Mets third baseman is again out of the lineup for tonight’s game.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 8, 2014, 8:55 PM EST
Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy has been sidelined for two weeks with a calf strain.
Sep 8, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
When the Mets demoted rookie catcher Travis d’Arnaud to the minors in early June he was hitting .180 and had a career batting average of .189 in 66 games.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 6, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Matt Harvey has been throwing bullpens, but the Mets intend to shut him down soon and have him begin a normal off-season. Harvey will attempt to return to the Mets’ rotation for the start of the 2015 regular season.
Sep 4, 2014, 10:26 PM EST
Matt Harvey will go into the winter “without having faced a batter and never being allowed to throw at full strength.”
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Sep 3, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
Matt Harvey will throw an up/down bullpen on Thursday, which means his bullpen session will simulate the start-and-stop nature of an actual game. He’ll throw, then rest for eight minutes, then get up and throw again.
Sep 3, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
After a particularly brutal stretch in a career-worst season wrecked by shoulder problems David Wright is 6-for-13 (.462) with two doubles in his last three games.
Sep 2, 2014, 7:10 AM EST
Four Phillies combine for the no-no. I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen more of these in recent years.
Aug 29, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Eric Campbell stole home against the Phillies, helping the Mets improve to 12-5 against their NL East rival this season.
Aug 29, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
The Mets could be without Daniel Murphy for most or all of the rest of the season, as the second baseman deals with a strained right calf.
Aug 28, 2014, 11:02 PM EST
Herrera, who was acquired from the Pirates in the Marlon Byrd deal last August, was batting .340/.406/.560 with 10 homers and 48 RBI over 61 games in Double-A this season.
Aug 28, 2014, 8:57 PM EST
Vic Black has emerged as an effective late-inning bridge for the Mets this season, but now he’s headed to the 15-day disabled list with a herniated disk in his neck.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (130)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)