New York Mets
Aug 26, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
Two of those make sense. And why the Angels didn’t claim him on waivers still doesn’t make sense to me.
Aug 26, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Mets right-hander Bartolo Colon is eligible to be traded anywhere after clearing revocable waivers and the Angels need rotation help following injuries to Garrett Richards and Tyler Skaggs, but don’t expect the two sides to work out a deal.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EST
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 25, 2014, 6:44 PM EST
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, Mets right-hander Bartolo Colon and Astros right-hander Scott Feldman have cleared revocable waivers. Both are now eligible to be traded to any team.
Aug 25, 2014, 9:09 AM EST
The Mets had to make a choice. Twenty-six homers and an OPS of .862 later, and that choice looks like the right one.
Aug 24, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
David Wright left in the bottom of the third inning of Sunday’s game due to neck spasms.
Aug 24, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The Mets turned a rare 5-4-3-2 triple play against the Dodgers in Sunday afternoon’s game.
Aug 23, 2014, 4:05 PM EST
As expected, Bartolo Colon has been placed on revocable waivers by the Mets.
Aug 22, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
According to Peter Gammons, the Orioles and Yankees are “claiming everyone” on waivers, which will make it difficult for the Angels to improve their starting rotation after losing Garrett Richards.
Aug 21, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
No one can stop the Nats. Who, as one young lad on their team says, are playing “absolutely epic” baseball right now.
Aug 19, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Mets rookie right-hander Jacob deGrom threw all of his pitches in a bullpen session Tuesday in Oakland without experiencing any discomfort in his shoulder and has been cleared to return to the starting rotation Saturday night against the Dodgers.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
And quit thinking you’re all that. Even though we say you’re all that and hang on every little thing that you do.
Aug 18, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Carlos Torres will step in for Colon and make the spot start against the Cubs.
Aug 18, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Wright has hit just .273 with eight homers and a .711 OPS in 117 games after posting a combined .307 batting average and .892 OPS during the previous two seasons.
Aug 15, 2014, 2:58 PM EST
Joe Posnanski ranks all 30 MLB ballparks. Spoiler alert: Wrigley Field is No. 1.
Aug 14, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Matt Harvey has repeatedly said that he would like to pitch in the majors this season. It’s an understandable sentiment from a competitive athlete, even one less than one year removed from Tommy John surgery, but Mets manager Terry Collins told Harvey via phone today to tap the breaks.
Aug 13, 2014, 12:31 PM EST
It’s fun to play God.
Aug 12, 2014, 6:49 AM EST
The Kansas City Royals are in first place. In mid-August. This is nor a drill.
Aug 11, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
deGrom came out of nowhere this season to post a 2.87 ERA and 94/33 K/BB ratio in 100 innings as a 26-year-old rookie and hasn’t allowed more than three runs in a start since June 16.
Aug 10, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
Jenrry Mejia has a hernia, but feels very strongly about finishing out the rest of the season before considering surgery.
Aug 10, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
The New York Mets simply can’t have nice things. Mike Puma of the New York Post reports that rookie right-hander Jacob deGrom — who has posted an impressive 2.87 ERA, 1.226 WHIP, and 94 strikeouts across 100 1/3 innings this season — has left the team in Philadelphia to have his throwing shoulder examined after complaining of soreness.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Bartolo Colon joined the 200-win club with a strong performance against the Phillies on Friday night.
Aug 7, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Too much tinkering, not enough patience.
Aug 6, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Something’s just not adding up at the moment for a Nationals club that at times looks like the most-dominant team in the National League yet lately has been finding creative and agonizing ways to lose ballgames.
Aug 6, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Welcome to the Tigers, David Price. Welcome to the big leagues Javier Baez.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)