New York Mets
Apr 28, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
Lots of shutouts and a handful of two-homer games. And one game that looked Xeroxed from another.
Apr 27, 2014, 4:37 PM EDT
Melvin Roman, the Puerto Rico-based agent for Korean third baseman Jeong Choi, told Jon Heyman of CBS Sports on Sunday that his client is seriously considering leaving the KBO’s SK Wyverns after the 2014 season. “He has a strong desire to come and play in the major leagues,” Roman said.
Apr 27, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
Kathleen Lucadamo of the New York Times has a cool little feature on what a typical Sunday is like for Mets right-hander Matt Harvey, who is rehabbing from Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery.
Apr 26, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
The Mets stuck up for teammate Bartolo Colon after the New York Post made fat jokes in an article, including in the headline.
Apr 26, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
Steve Cishek’s save streak snapped. Will he now have to sell seashells by the sea shore?
Apr 25, 2014, 6:51 AM EDT
The Yankees bounce back. The Astros play like bush leaguers.
Apr 24, 2014, 7:14 AM EDT
Michael. Hey, Michael. You got a little, um . . . no, the other side. Yeah, good. You got it.
Apr 23, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
The columnist’s name is Anthony Rieber. And he apparently doesn’t get out much.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:56 AM EDT
Baseball’s two brightest young stars pass like ships in the night.
Apr 21, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Ike Davis is making fast friends in Pittsburgh.
Apr 21, 2014, 8:47 PM EDT
Ruben Tejada and Daniel Murphy teamed up for a nifty play.
Apr 21, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
That’s quite a look you have going there, Mets.
Apr 20, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Jose Valverde allowed three runs in an inning of work Saturday night against the Braves — the latest in a string of rough outings. So manager Terry Collins decided Sunday morning to make a change …
Craig Kimbrel struggles in return from right shoulder issue, apologizes for reaction to being pulled
Apr 20, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Craig Kimbrel was called on Saturday for the first time since complaining of discomfort in his shoulder last Monday. The appearance did not go smoothly.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Ike Davis makes a good impression with his new team.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
John Lannan will report to Triple-A Las Vegas after being outrighted on Wednesday by the Mets.
Apr 19, 2014, 4:28 PM EDT
Ike Davis will bat sixth in his Pirates debut this evening against the Brewers.
Apr 18, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
One of the most unlikely pitchers to throw a no-hitter is working on a no-hitter.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
The Pirates and Mets each address their problems with an Ike Davis trade.
Apr 17, 2014, 8:21 PM EDT
Lots of teams watched Joel Hanrahan throw today.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Two injury stories so far today, two bits of good news.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Working in a non-save situation with a five-run lead last night Jose Valverde served up a pair of home runs to the Diamondbacks before eventually finishing up a Mets victory.
Apr 17, 2014, 6:06 AM EDT
Lots of shutouts yesterday. Including one that was the Platonic Ideal of a baseball game. At least if you have taste and stuff.
Apr 16, 2014, 9:01 AM EDT
Some aches and pains for the Mets’ staff.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
I only watched a little baseball last night. Watched a lot of “Night Court” though.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 23
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 183
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)