New York Mets
Jun 23, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
Two weeks after coming off the DL.
Jun 22, 2015, 7:27 AM EDT
A big day for J.D. Martinez, who fell just short of Pulling a Whitten. Which is a thing I’ve just invented.
Jun 20, 2015, 9:32 PM EDT
Travis d’Arnaud appeared to suffer an arm injury on a play at the plate in Saturday’s game against the Braves.
Jun 19, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A walkoff balk is just the latest weird occurrence in a weird week of baseball.
Jun 18, 2015, 9:08 PM EDT
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson said that Tommy John surgery is not “on our radar” while describing Lagares’ injury as merely elbow soreness.
Jun 17, 2015, 11:37 PM EDT
Murphy has been on the disabled list since June 5 with a strained right quadriceps muscle. He is expected to play third base when he returns, with Dilson Herrera sticking at second.
Jun 17, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
It was not a clown question, bro. It was even worse!
Jun 17, 2015, 7:10 AM EDT
Three position players pitched last night. Maybe it was that or maybe it was something else, but I feel the need this morning to grapple with our place in a harsh and uncaring universe.
Jun 15, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
The Mets came from behind to beat the Blue Jays 4-3 in 11 innings tonight at Citi Field, snapping Toronto’s winning streak at 11 games.
Jun 15, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Gee has been a regular in the Mets’ rotation since 2011 and is being paid $5.3 million this season.
Jun 15, 2015, 1:49 PM EDT
Wright has been out since April with a hamstring injury followed by the diagnosis of spinal stenosis.
Jun 15, 2015, 11:31 AM EDT
It’s a helluva time to be a prospect buff.
Jun 15, 2015, 7:40 AM EDT
Miguel Cabrera thought about leasing Corey Kluber but he talked with his financial advisor and determined that owning him was the better option.
Jun 13, 2015, 9:29 PM EDT
Indians prospect Francisco Lindor is getting the call up to the show.
Jun 13, 2015, 2:36 PM EDT
Nieuwenhuis was designated for assignment by the Angels this week after batting just .136 (3-for-22) over 10 games during his brief stint with the team.
Matt Harvey after allowing career-high seven runs: “I’m just not doing my job very well … my arm feels great”
Jun 11, 2015, 8:25 AM EDT
Harvey is 1-3 with a 7.20 ERA in his last four starts.
Jun 10, 2015, 7:08 PM EDT
Ramirez is hitting just .213/.257/.390 in 48 games this season for the Brewers and he’s making $14 million in the final year of a four-year, $46 million contract. But the Mets are desperate for a boost of some kind …
Jun 10, 2015, 9:10 AM EDT
Parnell hasn’t pitched since Opening Day of last season and his comeback from Tommy John elbow surgery has been a rocky one.
Jun 9, 2015, 10:12 PM EDT
Chris Heston was a 12th-round pick in 2009 and entered play Tuesday with a 4.35 ERA and 1.38 WHIP in career major league 70 1/3 innings. But throw out all that stuff for now.
Jun 9, 2015, 10:09 PM EDT
The 26-year-old catcher wound up missing close to two months with a fractured right pinkie finger. He was off to a fantastic start before the injury, batting .317/.356/.537 with two home runs and 10 RBI in 11 games played.
Jun 9, 2015, 9:44 PM EDT
We’ve got a no-hitter alert from Citi Field in Queens.
Jun 6, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
The Mets are going back to the five-man rotation and have moved Dillon Gee to the bullpen as a result.
Jun 6, 2015, 3:19 PM EDT
That didn’t last long.
Jun 5, 2015, 4:36 PM EDT
The hits just keep coming for the Mets.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)