New York Mets
Feb 2, 2015, 9:25 AM EDT
Who’s got one finger pointed at the camera and just agreed to a deal for $4.2 million? This guy, right here.
Jan 28, 2015, 8:59 PM EDT
Mejia requested a salary of $3 million from the Mets and was offered $2.1 million when arbitration figures were exchanged on January 16.
Jan 17, 2015, 10:05 AM EDT
Murphy has produced a .288/.327/.407 batting line over the past three seasons.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 16, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
The Mets still have a few potential takers for starter Dillon Gee. They settled on a $5.3 million salary for the 2015 season on Friday.
Jan 14, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Wright has made enough progress in his recovery from a season-ending shoulder injury that the Mets third baseman has begun hitting off a tee.
Jan 12, 2015, 11:03 PM EDT
The Mets have been shopping Dillon Gee for most of the winter and it appears that they could finally find a match soon.
Jan 11, 2015, 8:17 PM EDT
The Nationals, Mets, and Rays engaged in a discussion that would have resulted in a blockbuster trade involving Ben Zobrist and Ian Desmond. Alas, it was not meant to be.
Jan 10, 2015, 4:26 PM EDT
Here’s a friendly reminder that Valverde served as the Mets’ closer for a stretch last season.
Jan 8, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Ankiel “will draw on his vast experience as a player to help mentor Nationals farmhands.”
Jan 7, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
Parnell made just one appearance last season before undergoing Tommy John elbow surgery.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 20, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Tulowitzki would immediately take the Mets from a “maybe” contender to a “legitimate” contender, but don’t get your hopes up.
Dec 19, 2014, 9:05 AM EDT
But one insider says the package the Rockies are asking for Tulo is “bats**t”
Dec 18, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Get excited, I guess.
Dec 17, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
But he could start the home opener
Dec 15, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Germen spent parts of the past two seasons in the Mets’ bullpen, posting a combined 4.31 ERA with 64 strikeouts in 65 innings.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT
Rockies general manager Jeff Bridich acknowledged to Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post that he has discussed specific trade packages with the Mets, but Bridich added that no deal is imminent.
Dec 10, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
Now that Jon Lester has settled on a team, inking a six-year, $155 million contract late Tuesday night with the Cubs, the focus of the starting pitching market turns to Max Scherzer and James Shields.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:09 PM EDT
Gee, who is from Texas, owns a 3.91 ERA over 103 starts and three relief appearances in the majors.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
More so than Bartolo Colon and Jon Niese, even.
Dec 7, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
Ruben Tejada out, Wilmer Flores in.
Dec 5, 2014, 11:08 AM EDT
It’s not just The Man who Would Replace Derek Jeter in this deal. But let’s talk about that for a second too.
Dec 4, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
Both players would fit with several teams in part-time duty or in a bench role.
Dec 3, 2014, 12:22 AM EDT
A list of all of the new free agents in advance of Tuesday’s midnight deadline.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)