New York Mets
Jun 27, 2014, 6:51 AM EST
Dear Chase: I feel like I can call you Chase because you and me are so alike. I’d like to meet you one day, it would be great to have a catch. I know I can’t throw as fast as you but I think you’d be impressed with my speed.
Jun 25, 2014, 2:32 PM EST
Jun 23, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
Some big moves from the Brewers in this week’s NL All-Star balloting update.
Jun 23, 2014, 4:07 PM EST
Could be the best game plan for multiple reasons, actually.
Jun 23, 2014, 6:42 AM EST
Mike Napoli stole home. Though, really, we should call what he did something else. Also: are we at “Peak Brandon” in Major League Baseball?
Jun 22, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
The Mets have to choose which catcher they want to keep around to serve as the back-up when Travis d’Arnaud returns on Tuesday.
Jun 20, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Marcell Ozuna saved the Marlins with a game-ending throw to home plate to nail Kirk Nieuwenhuis.
Jun 20, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
Two of the most promising young arms in baseball met last night. But Zack Wheeler got the best of Andrew Heaney on the occasion of the latter’s major league debut.
Jun 19, 2014, 6:17 AM EST
Clayton Kershaw was nearly perfect. And, at least by one measure, was better than a lot of guys who have thrown perfect games.
Jun 18, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Fact: you couldn’t make contact off Lance Lynn. Bartolo Colon just hit a double off him.
Jun 16, 2014, 6:18 PM EST
The Mets will hit pitcher Jacob deGrom eighth and Eric Young, Jr. ninth this evening against the Cardinals. This will be the first time in team history that they have hit the pitcher eighth.
Jun 16, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
Three days, three come-from-behind wins for the Rockies over the Giants.
Jun 14, 2014, 4:35 PM EST
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson offers some advice regarding Internet trade speculation.
Jun 14, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
Mets outfielder Curtis Granderson has turned his season around after a slow start, but he’s currently sidelined with a left calf injury.
Jun 14, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
40-year-old Bobby Abreu was released by the Phillies at the end of spring training, but he continues to be a surprising contributor for the offense-starved Mets.
Jun 13, 2014, 12:42 PM EST
“Why are you hitting yourself?!”
Jun 11, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Matt Harvey has insisted all along that he planned to pitch this season, but now that his recovery process from Tommy John elbow surgery has been slowed down a bit by the Mets he’s come around to the idea that it might be 2015 before he sees games action in the majors again.
Jun 11, 2014, 9:46 AM EST
Outfield assist porn.
Jun 11, 2014, 6:01 AM EST
Collin Cowgill’s walkoff homer in the 14th was something. Yoenis Cespedes’ throw in the eighth was even more something.
Jun 10, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Tony Sipp was a centerfielder at Clemson, but once he became a pitcher he thought the days of patrolling the outfield were behind him.
Jun 9, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki continues to hold the lead in the NL All-Star balloting.
Jun 9, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Arizona invested a ton of money and resources into building a strong, deep bullpen this season and yet Addison Reed has a 4.13 ERA with an astounding eight home runs allowed in 28 innings as the closer.
Jun 9, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
Detroit’s bullpen is the worst in the American League. And it doesn’t seem to matter who’s closing.
Jun 9, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
Jordan Zimmermann was on point and the Nationals have won seven of their past nine and are now tied for first place.
Jun 8, 2014, 8:40 AM EST
The guy the Mets traded R.A. Dickey to get has yet to figure it out at the big league level.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)