New York Mets
Jun 11, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Outfield assist porn.
Jun 11, 2014, 6:01 AM EDT
Collin Cowgill’s walkoff homer in the 14th was something. Yoenis Cespedes’ throw in the eighth was even more something.
Jun 10, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Tony Sipp was a centerfielder at Clemson, but once he became a pitcher he thought the days of patrolling the outfield were behind him.
Jun 9, 2014, 9:32 PM EDT
Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki continues to hold the lead in the NL All-Star balloting.
Jun 9, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Arizona invested a ton of money and resources into building a strong, deep bullpen this season and yet Addison Reed has a 4.13 ERA with an astounding eight home runs allowed in 28 innings as the closer.
Jun 9, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Detroit’s bullpen is the worst in the American League. And it doesn’t seem to matter who’s closing.
Jun 9, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
Jordan Zimmermann was on point and the Nationals have won seven of their past nine and are now tied for first place.
Jun 8, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
The guy the Mets traded R.A. Dickey to get has yet to figure it out at the big league level.
Jun 6, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
The Giants get a familiar face back from the disabled list just in time to make tonight’s start against the Mets.
Jun 6, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
The Twins made it a clean sweep of relievers in Rounds 3-5, while the Phillies drafted a guy just coming off a DUI arrest.
Jun 6, 2014, 3:12 PM EDT
Takes one to know one?
Jun 6, 2014, 11:36 AM EDT
Don’t call it a setback [bass thumps]
Jun 4, 2014, 6:40 AM EDT
Henderson Alvarez has three shutouts. Three shutouts was enough to be the full-season leader in that category in five of the past 11 seasons.
Jun 3, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Matt Harvey is, generally speaking, not allowed to have a life. So it should be fun if/when he goes to a Stanley Cup Final game on the same day he throws from a mound for the first time.
Jun 3, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
Jose Abreu is back, Clayton Kershaw withstood his return and I made a sobering discovery about “Billy Madison.”
Jun 2, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard thought he had his 12th home run of the season tonight, but Mets center fielder Matt den Dekker had other ideas.
Jun 2, 2014, 6:38 PM EDT
The Mets might not make the playoffs this season, but they can at least hang their hats on this little distinction.
Jun 2, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
Mets center fielder Juan Lagares is headed back to the disabled list with a strained intercostal muscle one month after coming off the disabled list following a hamstring injury.
Jun 2, 2014, 6:08 AM EDT
Six shutouts on Sunday afternoon. So don’t worry if you think you wasted your day because 20% of all major league teams didn’t get much done yesterday either.
Jun 1, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Marlon Byrd broke his bat without making contact with a baseball (or a knee).
Jun 1, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The poor beat writers for the Mets and Phillies have been subjected to so much mediocre baseball between the two clubs lately.
May 31, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
It may be 2014, but Ryan Howard was able to reach another offensive milestone on Saturday against the Mets.
May 31, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Ruben Tejada shocked the baseball world by homering on Saturday against the Phillies.
May 31, 2014, 4:39 PM EDT
The Mets had to add an arm to their exhausted bullpen today, so they sent young right-hander Rafael Montero back to Triple-A.
May 31, 2014, 10:21 AM EDT
40-year-old Bobby Abreu stole the 400th base of his career in the top of the eighth inning last night against the Phillies. In doing so, he joined a pretty cool club.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)