New York Mets
Jun 6, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
The Giants get a familiar face back from the disabled list just in time to make tonight’s start against the Mets.
Jun 6, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
The Twins made it a clean sweep of relievers in Rounds 3-5, while the Phillies drafted a guy just coming off a DUI arrest.
Jun 6, 2014, 3:12 PM EST
Takes one to know one?
Jun 6, 2014, 11:36 AM EST
Don’t call it a setback [bass thumps]
Jun 4, 2014, 6:40 AM EST
Henderson Alvarez has three shutouts. Three shutouts was enough to be the full-season leader in that category in five of the past 11 seasons.
Jun 3, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
Matt Harvey is, generally speaking, not allowed to have a life. So it should be fun if/when he goes to a Stanley Cup Final game on the same day he throws from a mound for the first time.
Jun 3, 2014, 6:39 AM EST
Jose Abreu is back, Clayton Kershaw withstood his return and I made a sobering discovery about “Billy Madison.”
Jun 2, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard thought he had his 12th home run of the season tonight, but Mets center fielder Matt den Dekker had other ideas.
Jun 2, 2014, 6:38 PM EST
The Mets might not make the playoffs this season, but they can at least hang their hats on this little distinction.
Jun 2, 2014, 2:19 PM EST
Mets center fielder Juan Lagares is headed back to the disabled list with a strained intercostal muscle one month after coming off the disabled list following a hamstring injury.
Jun 2, 2014, 6:08 AM EST
Six shutouts on Sunday afternoon. So don’t worry if you think you wasted your day because 20% of all major league teams didn’t get much done yesterday either.
Jun 1, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Marlon Byrd broke his bat without making contact with a baseball (or a knee).
Jun 1, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The poor beat writers for the Mets and Phillies have been subjected to so much mediocre baseball between the two clubs lately.
May 31, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
It may be 2014, but Ryan Howard was able to reach another offensive milestone on Saturday against the Mets.
May 31, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Ruben Tejada shocked the baseball world by homering on Saturday against the Phillies.
May 31, 2014, 4:39 PM EST
The Mets had to add an arm to their exhausted bullpen today, so they sent young right-hander Rafael Montero back to Triple-A.
May 31, 2014, 10:21 AM EST
40-year-old Bobby Abreu stole the 400th base of his career in the top of the eighth inning last night against the Phillies. In doing so, he joined a pretty cool club.
May 30, 2014, 6:48 AM EST
A gem from Josh Collmenter, an ugly dud from the Braves and a horrible, horrible bit of stream of consciousness from me about what would happen if the season ended today.
May 29, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Mets catcher Travis d’Arnaud is back on the active roster after spending two weeks on the seven-day concussion disabled list.
May 29, 2014, 7:01 AM EST
Ryan Howard walked the Phillies off with a three-run homer. Josh Donaldson did the same thing for the Athletics. Really, if you weren’t hitting walkoff three-run homers last night, we don’t want to know you.
May 28, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
The elbow injury epidemic simply can’t be stopped. CSNWashington.com’s Mark Zuckerman reports that Marlins right-hander Henderson Alvarez was removed from his start Wednesday night against the Nationals after experiencing stiffness in his pitching elbow.
May 28, 2014, 6:48 AM EST
Eight wins in a row have the Blue Jays jumping for joy.
May 27, 2014, 7:17 PM EST
Travis d’Arnaud is expected to return to the Mets on Wednesday after missing a little over two weeks because of a concussion.
May 27, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
After a rough start to his big league career, George Springer has sprung.
May 26, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
It’s a busy afternoon in Queens, as the Mets have released reliever Jose Valverde and fired hitting coach Dave Hudgens.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)