New York Mets
Jul 14, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Colon has mediocre overall numbers thanks to a poor first six weeks, but since mid-May he’s started 10 games with a 2.74 ERA and 51/12 K/BB ratio in 72 innings.
Jul 14, 2014, 2:47 PM EST
MLB All-Stars vs. Japanese League All-Stars, anyone?
Jul 14, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The last baseball that counts for a few days. Enjoy it, folks.
Jul 10, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Yes, it’s Jeter day at HBT, apparently.
Jul 9, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
This was Jacob deGrom’s best performance since he played Jim Morrison in that Oliver Stone Doors flick.
The umpires let the Mets challenge a “neighborhood play” last night. They’re not supposed to do that.
Jul 8, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
Hey, here’s a neat idea: let’s challenge non-challengable plays to see if they should be challenged! Could be cool?
Jul 8, 2014, 6:56 AM EST
There were fireworks in the 11th inning in Washington last night, but there were also five shutouts around the bigs as the new era of the pitcher continues.
Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
It’s Corey Kluber’s world. We’re all just living in it. We had no idea we were, though, because most of us don’t pay a heck of a lot of attention to Corey Kluber. Like, how are we supposed to know it’s his world anyway? What are we, psychic? Put up a sign.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 6, 2014, 2:01 PM EST
Another ugly season for the Mets just got uglier. According to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York, starting pitcher Jon Niese has been diagnosed with a strained left shoulder and placed on the 15-day disabled list.
Jul 5, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
David Wright missed seven straight games due to a bruised left rotator cuff.
Jul 5, 2014, 11:31 AM EST
Mets left-hander Jon Niese was forced to leave his start against the Rangers in the first inning last night after he was hit in the left side by a comebacker off the bat of Alex Rios. Fortunately, he managed to avoid a serious injury.
Jul 4, 2014, 3:39 PM EST
Earlier this week the Mets indicated that the plan was for third baseman David Wright to return from his shoulder injury Friday, but he remains out of the lineup for today’s game against the Rangers.
Jul 1, 2014, 10:04 PM EST
Tigers righty Rick Porcello didn’t record a shutout over the first 163 starts of his major league career. Now he has two shutouts in the past six days.
Jul 1, 2014, 6:34 AM EST
Every ten years or so, the Tigers get a walkoff grand slam. Like, every ten years or so, basically to the week.
Jun 30, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
For now at least David Wright has avoided the disabled list with a bruised rotator cuff in his left shoulder, but the Mets just announced that the All-Star third baseman will be out of the lineup until at least Friday.
Jun 30, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
Clayton Kershaw continues to dominate. And the Dodgers find themselves in a virtual tie for first place in the NL West.
Jun 28, 2014, 7:55 PM EST
Good news for the Mets: David Wright’s shoulder issue won’t require a stint on the disabled list.
Jun 28, 2014, 1:55 PM EST
The Pirates have activated Gerrit Cole from the disabled list in time for Saturday’s start against the Mets.
Jun 27, 2014, 5:28 PM EST
Mets third baseman David Wright has been scratched from the lineup for tonight’s game against the Pirates in Pittsburgh with a sore left shoulder and the team announced that he’ll travel back to New York to undergo an MRI exam.
Jun 27, 2014, 6:51 AM EST
Dear Chase: I feel like I can call you Chase because you and me are so alike. I’d like to meet you one day, it would be great to have a catch. I know I can’t throw as fast as you but I think you’d be impressed with my speed.
Jun 25, 2014, 2:32 PM EST
Jun 23, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
Some big moves from the Brewers in this week’s NL All-Star balloting update.
Jun 23, 2014, 4:07 PM EST
Could be the best game plan for multiple reasons, actually.
Jun 23, 2014, 6:42 AM EST
Mike Napoli stole home. Though, really, we should call what he did something else. Also: are we at “Peak Brandon” in Major League Baseball?
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)