New York Yankees
Nov 30, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
David Robertson is headed for a big payday.
Nov 29, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
The Athletics will likely have to address their vacant shortstop position via trade as opposed to free agency according to GM Billy Beane.
Nov 26, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Since there’s no such thing as a stupid question …
Nov 26, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Capuano is 36 years old, so finding a guaranteed big-league job for 2015 could be difficult.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
So who plays third base?
Nov 25, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
What would happen to Lonnie Chisenhall?
Nov 25, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
Based on what we know at the moment, the Cubs’ offer is the richest one out there.
Nov 25, 2014, 8:15 AM EDT
DiMaggio was great. But, according to baseball historian John Thorn, explaining the love for DiMaggio requires “analysis from Dr. Freud rather than Branch Rickey.”
Nov 24, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
Seager has emerged as one of MLB’s best all-around third basemen at age 27.
Nov 24, 2014, 9:37 AM EDT
One person says so.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
The Astros, in the market for a top-end closer, have spoken to the agent of David Robertson.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Are they looking to hire a caddie?
Nov 21, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
If the Yankees can’t bring back David Robertson, Jason Grilli could be one option the club could look at.
Nov 20, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Wheeler made his big-league debut this season when injuries wrecked the Yankees’ roster.
Nov 17, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
Canada native heads to Toronto.
Nov 17, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
The Stanton deal is huge. But don’t listen to those who claim it is insane.
Nov 15, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
The Yankees are making it a top priority to bring back closer David Robertson.
Nov 15, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
A man who lied about his PED use and then, later, admitted to only what he had been caught red-handed doing says that A-Rod needs to “just get everything out.”
Nov 13, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
The Astros have their eyes on a few big name free agent relievers.
Nov 13, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
This time it’s Jon Niese who gets the treatment.
Nov 12, 2014, 9:27 PM EDT
As first reported by Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Pirates have acquired catcher Francisco Cervelli from the Yankees. Joel Sherman at the New York Post confirms the news and says left-handed reliever Justin Wilson is headed to the Yankees in return.
Nov 12, 2014, 8:42 PM EDT
Andrew Miller is probably the best reliever on the open market this winter and his free agency is not tied to draft pick compensation like, say, David Robertson, so he is setting his sights sky-high.
Nov 12, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Indians right-hander Corey Kluber has been named the 2014 American League Cy Young Award winner by the Baseball Writers Association of America. He received 17 of the 30 first-place votes. Mariners ace Felix Hernandez received the other 13 and finished second.
Nov 12, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
That’s $50 million over four years to you and me.
Nov 12, 2014, 8:51 AM EDT
He ain’t gonna be the Yankees starting third baseman, that’s for sure.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 340
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 79
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 52
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (340)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (160)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)