New York Yankees
Sep 6, 2014, 7:51 AM EST
James Shields tames the Yankees and the Milwaukee Brewers postpone the Heat Death of the (National League) Universe for at least another day.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Josh Beckett’s hip injury has given him reason to consider retiring after 14 major league seasons.
Sep 5, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
The struggling Koji Uehara has been taken out of the closer’s role. Edward Mujica will close out ballgames in his stead.
Sep 5, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
He as over 8,000 followers as I type this. But even if you discount it to, like, 5000 followers, it’s still really impressive.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:30 AM EST
It was only a matter of time. And that time has come.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Some late inning Yankee heroics keep them in the playoff hunt.
Sep 4, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Tanaka was shut down in mid-July, but rather than immediately go under the knife and begin the 12-month (or longer) recovery process he’s hoping rest and rehab will do the trick.
Sep 4, 2014, 2:40 PM EST
The Yankees long-time GM is about to become its longer-time GM.
Sep 4, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
The post-Biogenesis house cleaning of baseball’s Department of Investigations continues.
Sep 4, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
He’s hit just .241 with 15 homers and a .725 OPS after topping an .825 OPS in each of the previous three seasons and has been limited mostly to DH duties.
Sep 4, 2014, 9:20 AM EST
Some heads up infield defense for the Red Sox and some head-in-butt base running for the Yankees makes for an interesting play.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Sep 3, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Victor Martinez continued his fantastic season with a great August showing, while Josh Harrison allowed the Pirates to weather the loss of reigning NL MVP Andrew McCutchen.
Sep 3, 2014, 2:11 PM EST
Mantle and Aaron? Williams and Musial? Bonds and Rodriguez?
Sep 2, 2014, 8:17 PM EST
It’s usually an honor reserved for players who have recently had their number retired, or been elected to the Hall of Fame, or died. But the Yankees want to sell some merchandise, people …
Sep 2, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Before being shut down in mid-July the 25-year-old rookie from Japan went 12-4 with a 2.51 ERA in 18 starts, including a 135/19 K/BB ratio in 129 innings.
Aug 31, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
Is it really a good thing if one’s team is one of only two teams in the last 113 years to have four relatively old players accrue a significant amount of playing time?
Aug 31, 2014, 3:25 PM EST
Derek Jeter’s retirement tour continued Sunday afternoon at Rogers Centre in Toronto, where the Blue Jays presented him a $10,000 check for his Turn 2 Foundation and this really cool trip …
Aug 30, 2014, 4:29 PM EST
Drew Hutchison and Aaron Sanchez shut down the Jacoby Ellsbury-less Yankees.
Aug 30, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
The White Sox are reportedly interested in signing Victor Martinez away from a division rival.
Aug 30, 2014, 2:07 PM EST
Bryce Harper hit one of six home runs for the Nationals last night in an 8-3 victory over the Mariners. In doing so, he joined some impressive company.
Aug 30, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
Ellsbury injured his left ankle on a slide into home plate on Friday night.
Aug 29, 2014, 7:22 PM EST
The Mariners have ended Jesus Montero’s season so he can address his “non-baseball issues”, a day after he went after a scout who was heckling him.
Aug 29, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Whether this will turn into a Michael Young situation or a Derek Jeter situation is an open question.
Aug 29, 2014, 4:42 PM EST
No doctor appointments are scheduled as a result, but soreness is not great news.
- Report: Giants close to acquiring Casey McGehee from Marlins 4
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 53
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 139
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)