New York Yankees
Nov 8, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
It’s unlikely, but MLB could have a case if Rodriguez was involved in distribution of performance-enhancing substances.
Nov 8, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
Chris Young finished strong with the Yankees this season after flopping with the Mets and there’s “mutual interest” in him returning to the Bronx.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Won’t somebody think of the children?
Nov 7, 2014, 7:30 AM EDT
A reminder: not all news is news.
Nov 6, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Ramirez, 33, batted .273/.305/.408 with 15 home runs, 73 RBI, and 21 stolen bases over 158 games this season.
Nov 6, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
It’s a shame. Because that rug really tied the room together.
Nov 6, 2014, 8:21 AM EDT
No one explains how yesterday changed anything, but boy howdy are they mad!
Nov 5, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Gardner hit .167 in September while playing hurt.
Nov 5, 2014, 9:11 AM EDT
We have a bad habit when it comes to players who make a lot of money. We should probably back off on that a bit.
Nov 4, 2014, 9:23 PM EDT
As first reported by Hector Gomez of the Dominican Republic’s Listin Diario, Alfonso Soriano is retiring from baseball after a 16-year major league career.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Nov 4, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Winters in which the Phillies try to convince people that the old band has one more hit song left in them seem to be a thing of the past.
Nov 4, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
Instead, the Bombers are expected to focus on less expensive players like Brandon McCarthy and Chase Headley
Nov 3, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez allegedly paid his cousin Yuri Sucart nearly $1 million for him to stay silent about his PED use.
Nov 3, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
A total of 12 players got a qualifying offer, but will any accept?
Nov 3, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
It seems really unlikely that the Yankees will retain their closer. This is probably not a horrible thing for the Yankees.
Nov 2, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
39-year-old Hiroki Kuroda is unlikely to receive a $15.3 million qualifying offer from the Yankees, but David Robertson is.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Veteran lefty Jeff Francis has agreed to a minor league deal with an invitation to spring training with the Blue Jays.
Oct 31, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
But will he accept it?
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:25 AM EDT
History’s Greatest Monsters were happy for different reasons last night.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Or maybe Chase Headley. Or Aramis Ramirez. But certainly at upgrading third base.
Oct 27, 2014, 11:04 AM EDT
The second big front-office defection of the offseason for the Dodgers.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 22, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
He’s owed $23 million in 2015, $25 million in 2016, and $25 million or a $5 million buyout for 2017.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (125)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)