New York Yankees
Nov 4, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Winters in which the Phillies try to convince people that the old band has one more hit song left in them seem to be a thing of the past.
Nov 4, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
Instead, the Bombers are expected to focus on less expensive players like Brandon McCarthy and Chase Headley
Nov 3, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez allegedly paid his cousin Yuri Sucart nearly $1 million for him to stay silent about his PED use.
Nov 3, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
A total of 12 players got a qualifying offer, but will any accept?
Nov 3, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
It seems really unlikely that the Yankees will retain their closer. This is probably not a horrible thing for the Yankees.
Nov 2, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
39-year-old Hiroki Kuroda is unlikely to receive a $15.3 million qualifying offer from the Yankees, but David Robertson is.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Veteran lefty Jeff Francis has agreed to a minor league deal with an invitation to spring training with the Blue Jays.
Oct 31, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
But will he accept it?
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:25 AM EDT
History’s Greatest Monsters were happy for different reasons last night.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Or maybe Chase Headley. Or Aramis Ramirez. But certainly at upgrading third base.
Oct 27, 2014, 11:04 AM EDT
The second big front-office defection of the offseason for the Dodgers.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 22, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
He’s owed $23 million in 2015, $25 million in 2016, and $25 million or a $5 million buyout for 2017.
Oct 20, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
Following in the footsteps of fellow MLB players Robinson Cano, CC Sabathia, and his teammate and countryman Rusney Castillo, Red Sox outfielder Yoenis Cespedes will now be represented by Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sports.
Oct 20, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Because it is unheard of for Yankees players to have outside interests.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:52 AM EDT
Hint: he doesn’t think it’s Buster Posey.
Oct 17, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Elvis Andrus is slimming down.
Oct 14, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
For the first time, the Florida Department of Health investigator who says his case was hindered by MLB speaks.
Oct 11, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
There’s a case to be made that Yankees closer David Robertson could become the first player to accept a qualifying offer.
Oct 10, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Pirates offered a contract extension to Russell Martin but the catcher rejected it. Martin is expected to draw significant interest when he hits the free agent market shortly.
Oct 10, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
I guess shortstop is too much of a stretch.
Oct 10, 2014, 3:06 PM EDT
Long has been New York’s hitting coach since 2007.
Oct 10, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT
Many, many teams would’ve lined up to sign Hardy if the Orioles didn’t lock him up.
Oct 8, 2014, 8:19 PM EDT
Couple of updates here on the developing market for Cuban defector Yasmany Tomas, who was declared eligible for free agency late last week by Major League Baseball …
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 76
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)