New York Yankees
Mar 7, 2015, 4:26 PM EDT
Aceves, 32, hasn’t been an effective pitcher for a couple of years now.
Mar 7, 2015, 1:39 PM EDT
Whether Masahiro Tanaka’s elbow will hold up this season is anyone’s guess, but so far the news is positive out of Yankees camp.
Mar 7, 2015, 11:17 AM EDT
Awful news here for the Rangers and baseball fans in general.
Mar 5, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
Tony Clark adds that the leaks “are cowardly, undermine the integrity of our collectively bargained agreements and in some instances have been wholly inaccurate.”
Mar 4, 2015, 11:59 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez has an update on the ongoing extension negotiations between Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto and veteran closer Huston Street …
Mar 4, 2015, 10:26 PM EDT
Suspending Hamilton for a year would serve no purpose punitive systems are designed to serve. And would most likely not serve Josh Hamilton at all.
Mar 4, 2015, 6:22 PM EDT
He successfully rehabbed a torn UCL in his right elbow last season and the Yankees’ fingers remain crossed that the 26-year-old from Japan will be able to avoid Tommy John elbow reconstructive surgery.
Mar 4, 2015, 3:54 PM EDT
A-Rod singled in his first at-bat.
Mar 4, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Let us applaud one writer’s brave effort to battle the beast that is A-Rod Derangement Syndrome.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
Will he be the same Tanaka this spring?
Mar 3, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
The Daily News is gonna Daily News
Mar 2, 2015, 6:29 PM EDT
After facing a pitching machine during an intrasquad game today, Alex Rodriguez is ready for his first real-live game action since September of 2013.
Feb 28, 2015, 11:45 PM EDT
The Padres signed outfielder Tyson Gillies to a minor league deal, perhaps hopeful he could turn his fortunes around with a new organization.
Feb 28, 2015, 12:10 PM EDT
Chase Headley is expected to be the team’s regular third baseman this season, so Yankees manager Joe Girardi wants if Rodriguez can be a potential backup to Mark Teixeira.
Feb 28, 2015, 10:02 AM EDT
Hill, who turns 35 next month, bounced around three different organizations last year and mostly pitched in the minors.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:53 AM EDT
Everyone worried that A-Rod would be a “distraction.” Well, he has been. And that’s a good thing.
Feb 26, 2015, 2:06 PM EDT
Shame on A-Rod for making the reporters obsess about him.
Feb 25, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez is due $30 million in marketing bonuses from the Yankees for reaching certain milestone markers between career home runs 660 and 763 — 763 being the all-time home run record.
Feb 25, 2015, 4:48 PM EDT
He credits a gluten-free, dairy-free diet and 13 pounds of added muscle.
Feb 25, 2015, 11:54 AM EDT
Either that or teams’ memo distribution system is horribly out of whack.
Feb 25, 2015, 10:35 AM EDT
And he’s not going to sit in judgment of someone. Because he does not believe it is his job to do so. Imagine.
Feb 24, 2015, 4:40 PM EDT
We should probably start a “Dumb A-Rod Quote of the Day” feature around here, because they’re coming every single day.
Feb 23, 2015, 8:29 PM EDT
Because of course.
Feb 23, 2015, 4:52 PM EDT
As if it matters in any way, shape or form.
Feb 23, 2015, 2:37 PM EDT
Because everything he does bothers someone.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)