New York Yankees
Sep 15, 2014, 10:51 AM EST
If Boog Powell brings you food, you’re living right.
Sep 15, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
This is the kind of question you ask on a long road trip.
Sep 13, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
On Saturday night, Ian Desmond became the fourth shortstop to have at least three 20/20 seasons in his career.
Sep 13, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Anthony Rizzo has made progress from his lower back injury and is on track to rejoin the Cubs’ lineup on Monday.
Sep 13, 2014, 3:35 PM EST
Beltran has been playing through a painful bone spur in his elbow for most of the season.
Sep 12, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Chase Headley has been cleared to play after being hit in the jaw by a Jake McGee pitch last night.
Sep 12, 2014, 2:04 PM EST
“He’s sore … he was pretty sore last night, so I’m not sure what we’ll have.”
Sep 12, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
Phelps does have previous relief experience, posting a 3.60 ERA and 84 strikeouts in 75 career innings out of the bullpen.
Sep 12, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
If you shorted Advil stock yesterday, well, bully for you.
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Sep 11, 2014, 10:38 PM EST
Headley was hit in the mouth by a 98 mph fastball from Jake McGee and will undergo X-rays on his jaw.
Sep 11, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
Alex Cobb went 7 1/3 innings Thursday before allowing his first hit against the Yankees.
Sep 10, 2014, 10:32 PM EST
Yankees ace Masahiro Tanaka threw around 44 pitches in a simulated game on Tuesday and came out of it feeling fine, so he’s been given clearance to take the next step in his rehabilitation from a partially-torn ulnar collateral ligament in his pitching elbow.
Sep 10, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
Daniel Murphy has made all 126 of his starts this season at second base and hasn’t played an inning at third base since 2011.
Sep 10, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
The Yankees dim playoff hopes get dimmer as their best hitter looks to be on the shelf for a while.
Sep 10, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Multiple industry sources say the Cubs are targeting Lester and will make a run at him this winter, trying to set a foundation piece in the rebuild at Clark and Addison.
Sep 10, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
We’re still, apparently, in The Land of Murky when it comes to plays at the plate.
Sep 10, 2014, 6:50 AM EST
Yusmeiro Petit was a study in efficiency as the Giants solidified their hold on the top wild card slot in the National League and pulled to within two and a half of the Dodgers.
Sep 9, 2014, 4:10 PM EST
Gardner is having arguably the best season of his career, hitting .269 with a career-high 16 homers and a career-high .784 OPS in 133 games.
Sep 9, 2014, 3:56 PM EST
He’s not yet up to the same number of simulated games as real games this year, but it’s getting close.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EST
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 8, 2014, 1:40 PM EST
Could we see bundled up umps during next year’s fall classic?
Sep 8, 2014, 11:05 AM EST
They apparently came to bury Derek Jeter, not just praise him.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)