New York Yankees
Sep 16, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
To baseball and baseball writers, A-Rod is still Whitey Bulger or Public Enemy Number One. To the cops, he’s just a kid who bought a bag of something.
Sep 15, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Hope he comes back soon so the Yankees have a shot at making the simulated playoffs.
Sep 15, 2014, 1:46 PM EDT
Hopefully blowing a save when the Yankees’ playoffs hopes are slipping away won’t obscure the fact that Robertson has had an excellent season stepping into Mariano Rivera’s incredibly large shoes as the Yankees’ closer.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:23 AM EDT
Six finalists — one from each division — were named today and will now be subject for a player vote to determine the winner.
Sep 15, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
If Boog Powell brings you food, you’re living right.
Sep 15, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
This is the kind of question you ask on a long road trip.
Sep 13, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
On Saturday night, Ian Desmond became the fourth shortstop to have at least three 20/20 seasons in his career.
Sep 13, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Anthony Rizzo has made progress from his lower back injury and is on track to rejoin the Cubs’ lineup on Monday.
Sep 13, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
Beltran has been playing through a painful bone spur in his elbow for most of the season.
Sep 12, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Chase Headley has been cleared to play after being hit in the jaw by a Jake McGee pitch last night.
Sep 12, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
“He’s sore … he was pretty sore last night, so I’m not sure what we’ll have.”
Sep 12, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Phelps does have previous relief experience, posting a 3.60 ERA and 84 strikeouts in 75 career innings out of the bullpen.
Sep 12, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
If you shorted Advil stock yesterday, well, bully for you.
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Sep 11, 2014, 10:38 PM EDT
Headley was hit in the mouth by a 98 mph fastball from Jake McGee and will undergo X-rays on his jaw.
Sep 11, 2014, 9:32 PM EDT
Alex Cobb went 7 1/3 innings Thursday before allowing his first hit against the Yankees.
Sep 10, 2014, 10:32 PM EDT
Yankees ace Masahiro Tanaka threw around 44 pitches in a simulated game on Tuesday and came out of it feeling fine, so he’s been given clearance to take the next step in his rehabilitation from a partially-torn ulnar collateral ligament in his pitching elbow.
Sep 10, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
Daniel Murphy has made all 126 of his starts this season at second base and hasn’t played an inning at third base since 2011.
Sep 10, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
The Yankees dim playoff hopes get dimmer as their best hitter looks to be on the shelf for a while.
Sep 10, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Multiple industry sources say the Cubs are targeting Lester and will make a run at him this winter, trying to set a foundation piece in the rebuild at Clark and Addison.
Sep 10, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
We’re still, apparently, in The Land of Murky when it comes to plays at the plate.
Sep 10, 2014, 6:50 AM EDT
Yusmeiro Petit was a study in efficiency as the Giants solidified their hold on the top wild card slot in the National League and pulled to within two and a half of the Dodgers.
Sep 9, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Gardner is having arguably the best season of his career, hitting .269 with a career-high 16 homers and a career-high .784 OPS in 133 games.
Sep 9, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
He’s not yet up to the same number of simulated games as real games this year, but it’s getting close.
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 1
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)