New York Yankees
Dec 2, 2014, 4:01 PM EST
They won’t go beyond four years, says a source.
Dec 1, 2014, 9:51 PM EST
Romo is coming off an up-and-down year in which he was yanked from the Giants’ closer role.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
What a concept.
Dec 1, 2014, 9:24 AM EST
They could be offering him four years.
Nov 30, 2014, 3:35 PM EST
David Robertson is headed for a big payday.
Nov 29, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
The Athletics will likely have to address their vacant shortstop position via trade as opposed to free agency according to GM Billy Beane.
Nov 26, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
Since there’s no such thing as a stupid question …
Nov 26, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Capuano is 36 years old, so finding a guaranteed big-league job for 2015 could be difficult.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:13 AM EST
So who plays third base?
Nov 25, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
What would happen to Lonnie Chisenhall?
Nov 25, 2014, 3:46 PM EST
Based on what we know at the moment, the Cubs’ offer is the richest one out there.
Nov 25, 2014, 8:15 AM EST
DiMaggio was great. But, according to baseball historian John Thorn, explaining the love for DiMaggio requires “analysis from Dr. Freud rather than Branch Rickey.”
Nov 24, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
Seager has emerged as one of MLB’s best all-around third basemen at age 27.
Nov 24, 2014, 9:37 AM EST
One person says so.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
The Astros, in the market for a top-end closer, have spoken to the agent of David Robertson.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
Are they looking to hire a caddie?
Nov 21, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
If the Yankees can’t bring back David Robertson, Jason Grilli could be one option the club could look at.
Nov 20, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Wheeler made his big-league debut this season when injuries wrecked the Yankees’ roster.
Nov 17, 2014, 12:13 PM EST
Canada native heads to Toronto.
Nov 17, 2014, 11:29 AM EST
The Stanton deal is huge. But don’t listen to those who claim it is insane.
Nov 15, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
The Yankees are making it a top priority to bring back closer David Robertson.
Nov 15, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
A man who lied about his PED use and then, later, admitted to only what he had been caught red-handed doing says that A-Rod needs to “just get everything out.”
Nov 13, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
The Astros have their eyes on a few big name free agent relievers.
Nov 13, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
This time it’s Jon Niese who gets the treatment.
Nov 12, 2014, 9:27 PM EST
As first reported by Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Pirates have acquired catcher Francisco Cervelli from the Yankees. Joel Sherman at the New York Post confirms the news and says left-handed reliever Justin Wilson is headed to the Yankees in return.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)