New York Yankees
Jun 17, 2015, 7:10 AM EDT
Three position players pitched last night. Maybe it was that or maybe it was something else, but I feel the need this morning to grapple with our place in a harsh and uncaring universe.
Jun 16, 2015, 5:03 PM EDT
Eddie Fastook: former cop. And he usually gets his man. Er, ball.
Jun 15, 2015, 9:02 AM EDT
If you guessed “Bill Madden in the Daily News trying to stir things up,” collect your winnings at the first window.
Jun 15, 2015, 7:40 AM EDT
Miguel Cabrera thought about leasing Corey Kluber but he talked with his financial advisor and determined that owning him was the better option.
Jun 14, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Max Scherzer had the swing-and-miss stuff working on Sunday, setting a new personal best for strikeouts in a start.
Jun 13, 2015, 9:05 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez is with the devil temporarily, now with 666 home runs in his career.
Jun 13, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Just a few days after signing Sergio Santos to a minor league contract, the Yankees have promoted the right-hander to the major league bullpen.
Jun 12, 2015, 2:41 PM EDT
David Carpenter takes his spot.
Jun 12, 2015, 8:46 AM EDT
He’s shut down from throwing for at least two weeks.
Jun 11, 2015, 12:01 PM EDT
Hitting .318 with more walks (27) than strikeouts (23) and a .795 OPS in 54 games between Double-A and Triple-A.
Jun 11, 2015, 11:25 AM EDT
In exchange for minor league infielder Tony Renda.
Jun 10, 2015, 4:58 PM EDT
Dellin Betances will step into the closer role.
Jun 10, 2015, 11:01 AM EDT
He missed the first two-plus months of the season with a strained calf muscle.
Jun 9, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
Nova threw 4.2 innings at Single-A.
Jun 8, 2015, 12:27 PM EDT
Perhaps someone picked tonight will eventually crack this list.
Jun 7, 2015, 4:07 PM EDT
Sabathia gave up back-to-back solo homers to Mike Trout and Albert Pujols in the top of the first inning but was otherwise sharp in the Yankees’ eventual 6-2 victory.
Jun 7, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
Albert Pujols hit a towering solo shot — the 535th home run of his career — Sunday off CC Sabathia …
Jun 6, 2015, 10:48 AM EDT
Michael Pineda has been excellent this season, but he’s currently on pace to shatter his career-high in innings, so the Yankees will give him some extra rest before his next start.
Jun 5, 2015, 9:50 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez broke a tie with Barry Bonds to move into sole possession of fourth place on MLB’s all-time RBI leaderboard.
Jun 4, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Brian McCann was forced to make an early exit from yesterday’s game against the Mariners due to right foot soreness, but the Yankees got some good news today.
Jun 4, 2015, 12:07 PM EDT
He could later be deported to the Dominican Republic.
Jun 3, 2015, 9:04 PM EDT
It sure sounds like the Yankees are going to be without Brian McCann for an extended period …
Jun 3, 2015, 7:13 PM EDT
Tanaka allowed just three hits and one run over seven innings, striking out nine Seattle hitters. He probably could have gone the distance …
Jun 3, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
Tanaka missed six weeks with a forearm injury.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 10
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 102
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (102)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)