New York Yankees
Sep 9, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Gardner is having arguably the best season of his career, hitting .269 with a career-high 16 homers and a career-high .784 OPS in 133 games.
Sep 9, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
He’s not yet up to the same number of simulated games as real games this year, but it’s getting close.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EDT
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 8, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Could we see bundled up umps during next year’s fall classic?
Sep 8, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
They apparently came to bury Derek Jeter, not just praise him.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 7, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Retirement tours aren’t for David Ortiz. The 38-year-old slugger doesn’t plan to drag out his remaining time in the big leagues.
Sep 7, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
It’s Derek Jeter Day at Yankee Stadium and the pregame ceremony was pretty spectacular …
Sep 7, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
Look who showed up at Saturday night’s Michigan vs. Notre Dame football game …
Sep 7, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
Yankees ace Masahiro Tanaka stepped back on a mound Saturday for the first time since a bout of arm fatigue shut down his rehab program. He’s trying to avoid surgery for a partially-torn UCL in his right elbow.
Sep 7, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Watch as Albert Pujols tallies career hit No. 2,500 with this go-ahead two-run double down the left-field line in the top of the ninth inning Saturday night at Minnesota’s Target Field …
Sep 6, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
#2 hitters don’t often accrue 100 RBI, but Mike Trout will accomplish the feat soon.
Sep 6, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
Wanna buy a rake used by the Yankees grounds crew? Brandon Steiner is your huckleberry.
Sep 6, 2014, 7:51 AM EDT
James Shields tames the Yankees and the Milwaukee Brewers postpone the Heat Death of the (National League) Universe for at least another day.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Josh Beckett’s hip injury has given him reason to consider retiring after 14 major league seasons.
Sep 5, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
The struggling Koji Uehara has been taken out of the closer’s role. Edward Mujica will close out ballgames in his stead.
Sep 5, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
He as over 8,000 followers as I type this. But even if you discount it to, like, 5000 followers, it’s still really impressive.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:30 AM EDT
It was only a matter of time. And that time has come.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
Some late inning Yankee heroics keep them in the playoff hunt.
Sep 4, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Tanaka was shut down in mid-July, but rather than immediately go under the knife and begin the 12-month (or longer) recovery process he’s hoping rest and rehab will do the trick.
Sep 4, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
The Yankees long-time GM is about to become its longer-time GM.
Sep 4, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
The post-Biogenesis house cleaning of baseball’s Department of Investigations continues.
Sep 4, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
He’s hit just .241 with 15 homers and a .725 OPS after topping an .825 OPS in each of the previous three seasons and has been limited mostly to DH duties.
Sep 4, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Some heads up infield defense for the Red Sox and some head-in-butt base running for the Yankees makes for an interesting play.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 59
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 28
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (105)