New York Yankees
Oct 22, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
He’s owed $23 million in 2015, $25 million in 2016, and $25 million or a $5 million buyout for 2017.
Oct 20, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
Following in the footsteps of fellow MLB players Robinson Cano, CC Sabathia, and his teammate and countryman Rusney Castillo, Red Sox outfielder Yoenis Cespedes will now be represented by Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sports.
Oct 20, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Because it is unheard of for Yankees players to have outside interests.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
Hint: he doesn’t think it’s Buster Posey.
Oct 17, 2014, 7:25 PM EST
Elvis Andrus is slimming down.
Oct 14, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
For the first time, the Florida Department of Health investigator who says his case was hindered by MLB speaks.
Oct 11, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
There’s a case to be made that Yankees closer David Robertson could become the first player to accept a qualifying offer.
Oct 10, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Pirates offered a contract extension to Russell Martin but the catcher rejected it. Martin is expected to draw significant interest when he hits the free agent market shortly.
Oct 10, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
I guess shortstop is too much of a stretch.
Oct 10, 2014, 3:06 PM EST
Long has been New York’s hitting coach since 2007.
Oct 10, 2014, 10:54 AM EST
Many, many teams would’ve lined up to sign Hardy if the Orioles didn’t lock him up.
Oct 8, 2014, 8:19 PM EST
Couple of updates here on the developing market for Cuban defector Yasmany Tomas, who was declared eligible for free agency late last week by Major League Baseball …
Oct 7, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Up from $14.1 million last year.
Oct 7, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
Headley staying in New York would mean no more Alex Rodriguez at third base.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EST
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:41 PM EST
Sunday’s hero is now tied for fourth among active players.
Oct 5, 2014, 11:37 AM EST
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe is hearing that Japanese right-hander Kenta Maeda could command $120-130 million.
Oct 3, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
The Pirates designated outfielder Jose Tabata for assignment on Friday.
Oct 3, 2014, 2:03 PM EST
Deify a guy for 20 years and the moment he’s not of use to you — bam! — go after him. Sounds about right.
Oct 3, 2014, 9:20 AM EST
I’ll be out for the rest of the day. I just injured myself laughing.
Oct 1, 2014, 5:12 PM EST
Welp, there’s two reasons he’ll never accept an invitation to my house.
Oct 1, 2014, 9:02 AM EST
He says it will allow athletes a place to talk with “no filter.” In reality, it’s likely to have way, way more filters than what currently exist.
Sep 30, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
He should be good to go by spring training.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 16
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 49
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)