New York Yankees
Nov 10, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
Jason Hammel faded after a mid-season trade to the Athletics, but that hasn’t stopped him from being a popular target in free agency.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:23 PM EST
Joins Albert Pujols, Evan Longoria and Mike Trout as unanimous winners.
Nov 10, 2014, 5:33 PM EST
Nov 10, 2014, 4:22 PM EST
He’s still able to re-sign with the Yankees, if he wants to.
Nov 10, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
“I think there’s definitely times to bunt.”
Nov 10, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Brian McCann got a five-year, $85 million deal from the Yankees last offseason.
Nov 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Andrus has an eight-year, $120 million contract that doesn’t even start until 2015.
Nov 10, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
Will David Robertson accept his to stay with the Yankees? Will anyone?
Nov 10, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
How can A-Rod be the Pied Piper of Biogenesis — and get even more punishment than he has already received — if Anthony Bosch was well-known among Latin American ballplayers as long as 14 years ago?
Nov 9, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Chris Young’s one-year deal with the Yankees includes about $4 million in incentives.
Nov 8, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
The Yankees want to bring Brandon McCarthy back, but the right-hander will wait for the market to play out before making a decision.
Nov 8, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
At 41 years of age, Ichiro Suzuki has no plans of retiring yet.
Nov 8, 2014, 6:24 PM EST
The Yankees and outfielder Chris Young have agreed to a one-year deal worth $2.5 million.
Nov 8, 2014, 3:01 PM EST
Only the Astros had a lower OPS at third base this season than the Red Sox (.580), so there’s a clear need for an upgrade going into 2015.
Nov 8, 2014, 1:50 PM EST
It’s unlikely, but MLB could have a case if Rodriguez was involved in distribution of performance-enhancing substances.
Nov 8, 2014, 11:58 AM EST
Chris Young finished strong with the Yankees this season after flopping with the Mets and there’s “mutual interest” in him returning to the Bronx.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Won’t somebody think of the children?
Nov 7, 2014, 7:30 AM EST
A reminder: not all news is news.
Nov 6, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Ramirez, 33, batted .273/.305/.408 with 15 home runs, 73 RBI, and 21 stolen bases over 158 games this season.
Nov 6, 2014, 1:52 PM EST
It’s a shame. Because that rug really tied the room together.
Nov 6, 2014, 8:21 AM EST
No one explains how yesterday changed anything, but boy howdy are they mad!
Nov 5, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Gardner hit .167 in September while playing hurt.
Nov 5, 2014, 9:11 AM EST
We have a bad habit when it comes to players who make a lot of money. We should probably back off on that a bit.
Nov 4, 2014, 9:23 PM EST
As first reported by Hector Gomez of the Dominican Republic’s Listin Diario, Alfonso Soriano is retiring from baseball after a 16-year major league career.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (272)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)