New York Yankees
May 14, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
A-Rod continues to play the diplomat.
May 13, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
A look at which teams are getting the most, and least, from each spot in the lineup.
May 13, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
May 12, 2015, 8:43 PM EDT
He’s just too important to the Yankees now to risk his health.
May 12, 2015, 4:52 PM EDT
Prior to being shut down again Tanaka started four games with a 3.22 ERA and 24/7 K/BB ratio in 22 innings.
May 12, 2015, 6:48 AM EDT
Scott Van Slyke messed up, atoned and then atoned again for extra measure.
May 11, 2015, 8:21 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez is in fourth place on baseball’s all-time home run leaderboard, now with 662 career home runs.
May 11, 2015, 7:13 AM EDT
I like that picture. It says “Michael Pineda came, Michael Pineda saw, Michael Pineda conquered.”
May 10, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
Pineda is the first pitcher in Yankees history to register a 16-strikeout, zero-walk game and it’s just the 22nd pitching line of that kind in the history of Major League Baseball.
May 9, 2015, 8:37 AM EDT
Willis was the Indians’ Triple-A pitching coach
May 8, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Bob Klapisch: not falling prey to A-Rod Derangement Syndrome
May 7, 2015, 11:08 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez is just 38 hits away from joining the 3,000 club.
May 7, 2015, 8:21 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez now stands alone in fourth place on baseball’s all-time home run list.
May 7, 2015, 4:08 PM EDT
He’s been on the DL since April 28.
May 7, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
*psst! He’s TOTALLY marketable*
May 7, 2015, 9:20 AM EDT
Bloggers hate him! Learn this baseball guy’s one weird trick to jack up page views and comment totals by 50%!
May 6, 2015, 2:47 PM EDT
May 6, 2015, 12:03 PM EDT
And he’s still only 26 years old.
May 6, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
This is easily the most photo and video-heavy ATH of all time. Mostly because pitchers did things with bats and teams wore throwbacks last night.
May 4, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
He says “it’s family business” and that “the old A-Rod is gone.”
May 4, 2015, 9:10 AM EDT
And noting how the Yankees can and do sell everything that isn’t nailed down but somehow can’t figure out how to market home run number 660.
May 4, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
Some late-inning heroics. Extra-innings heroics, actually. Like baseball is some kind of gosh darned after hours club or something.
May 2, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz won’t stop hitting home runs.
May 2, 2015, 3:18 PM EDT
Yankees general manager Brian Cashman acknowledged Saturday that the team won’t pay a $6 million marketing bonus to Alex Rodriguez for tying Willie Mays with 660 career home runs.
May 2, 2015, 10:10 AM EDT
Willie Mays issued a statement to congratulate Alex Rodriguez for tying him on the all-time home run list.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 1
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 11
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 9
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 77
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)