New York Yankees
Nov 26, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Since there’s no such thing as a stupid question …
Nov 26, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Capuano is 36 years old, so finding a guaranteed big-league job for 2015 could be difficult.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
So who plays third base?
Nov 25, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
What would happen to Lonnie Chisenhall?
Nov 25, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
Based on what we know at the moment, the Cubs’ offer is the richest one out there.
Nov 25, 2014, 8:15 AM EDT
DiMaggio was great. But, according to baseball historian John Thorn, explaining the love for DiMaggio requires “analysis from Dr. Freud rather than Branch Rickey.”
Nov 24, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
Seager has emerged as one of MLB’s best all-around third basemen at age 27.
Nov 24, 2014, 9:37 AM EDT
One person says so.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
The Astros, in the market for a top-end closer, have spoken to the agent of David Robertson.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Are they looking to hire a caddie?
Nov 21, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
If the Yankees can’t bring back David Robertson, Jason Grilli could be one option the club could look at.
Nov 20, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Wheeler made his big-league debut this season when injuries wrecked the Yankees’ roster.
Nov 17, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
Canada native heads to Toronto.
Nov 17, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
The Stanton deal is huge. But don’t listen to those who claim it is insane.
Nov 15, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
The Yankees are making it a top priority to bring back closer David Robertson.
Nov 15, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
A man who lied about his PED use and then, later, admitted to only what he had been caught red-handed doing says that A-Rod needs to “just get everything out.”
Nov 13, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
The Astros have their eyes on a few big name free agent relievers.
Nov 13, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
This time it’s Jon Niese who gets the treatment.
Nov 12, 2014, 9:27 PM EDT
As first reported by Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Pirates have acquired catcher Francisco Cervelli from the Yankees. Joel Sherman at the New York Post confirms the news and says left-handed reliever Justin Wilson is headed to the Yankees in return.
Nov 12, 2014, 8:42 PM EDT
Andrew Miller is probably the best reliever on the open market this winter and his free agency is not tied to draft pick compensation like, say, David Robertson, so he is setting his sights sky-high.
Nov 12, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Indians right-hander Corey Kluber has been named the 2014 American League Cy Young Award winner by the Baseball Writers Association of America. He received 17 of the 30 first-place votes. Mariners ace Felix Hernandez received the other 13 and finished second.
Nov 12, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
That’s $50 million over four years to you and me.
Nov 12, 2014, 8:51 AM EDT
He ain’t gonna be the Yankees starting third baseman, that’s for sure.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Nov 10, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
Jason Hammel faded after a mid-season trade to the Athletics, but that hasn’t stopped him from being a popular target in free agency.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)