Mar 10, 2015, 5:35 PM EDT
In spring training, everything good is wonderful, everything bad is terrible.
Jan 8, 2015, 1:03 PM EDT
Matt Wieters’ uncertain health status has the Orioles in search of catching depth.
Dec 31, 2014, 9:18 PM EDT
Colorado signed veteran catcher Nick Hundley to a two-year free agent contract on Wednesday and there’s been talk this winter of the club trying to move 25-year-old Wilin Rosario, who has been the Rockies’ starting backstop for the past three seasons.
Dec 31, 2014, 11:37 AM EDT
Hundley hit .243 with six homers and a .631 OPS in 83 games overall and has a .680 OPS for his career.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 21, 2014, 12:27 PM EDT
Scott Boras says the Orioles should expect to have Matt Wieters behind the plate when the 2015 regular season opens on April 6.
Dec 20, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
An unnamed team has reportedly offered a two-year deal to Nick Hundley. It’s not the Orioles.
Nov 5, 2014, 5:01 PM EDT
Patton was traded from Baltimore to San Diego for Nick Hundley.
Nov 1, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
The Orioles declined their $5 million club option on catcher Nick Hundley, but they would still like to bring him back at a lower price.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 15, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Miguel Gonzalez vs. Jason Vargas.
Oct 14, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Jeremy Guthrie vs. Wei-Yin Chen.
Oct 11, 2014, 1:17 PM EDT
Yordano Ventura vs. Bud Norris.
Oct 10, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
The Orioles fell behind 5-1 but a three-run fifth inning helped them pull to within one run of the Royals in Game 1 of the ALCS.
Oct 10, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
James Shields vs. Chris Tillman.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:43 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Orioles-Tigers series in Detroit …
Oct 2, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:54 PM EDT
After Wednesday’s 8-0 loss, it’s time for the Pirates to start thinking about next year.
Jun 17, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
The Orioles announced Tuesday — via MASN’s Roch Kubatko — that catcher Matt Wieters underwent Tommy John surgery on his injured right elbow in Florida. Dr. James Andrews replaced a ligament in Wieters’ elbow, shaved down a bone spur, and transposed a nerve in a procedure that took about 30 minutes.
Jun 16, 2014, 5:28 PM EDT
Reports last week suggested that the Orioles were expecting the worst with Matt Wieters’ elbow injury and sure enough the team just announced that the catcher will undergo season-ending Tommy John surgery.
May 29, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Orioles catcher Matt Wieters is scheduled to play catch Friday for the first time since Dr. James Andrews shut him down from throwing after examining his injured elbow.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)