Jan 27, 2015, 8:28 PM EST
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Orioles have completed a trade for Pirates outfielder Travis Snider. Pittsburgh’s return is a player to be named later and 21-year-old pitching prospect Stephen Tarpley.
The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now.
Jan 23, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
I’m sorry, Mr. Calcaterra. All the tests are back. There’s no delicate way to put this, so I’ll just say it. Your team has . . . gravitas.
Jan 20, 2015, 9:27 PM EST
MLB.com beat writer Mark Bowman reports that the Braves are in pursuit of free agent Jonny Gomes as a potential left-field platoon mate with Zolio Almonte.
Jan 14, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
But I may be biased and less-than-objective about that.
Dec 29, 2014, 11:02 PM EST
Aoki has a .287 batting average and a .353 on-base percentage over three seasons in the majors and would be a candidate to take over the leadoff spot for Baltimore.
Dec 29, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Rasmus has been a center fielder for his entire career, but could replace Nick Markakis in right field.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 24, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
San Diego has outfielders to spare.
Dec 18, 2014, 8:46 PM EST
Young, 29, batted .302 with seven home runs and .779 OPS (120 OPS+) over 255 plate appearances this past season.
Dec 17, 2014, 5:08 PM EST
He is expected to be able to resume baseball activities before Spring Training begins.
Dec 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Markakis’ “fusion surgery” carries with it an expected eight-week recovery timetable.
Dec 13, 2014, 10:02 AM EST
A change in direction doesn’t bother Braves president John Hart.
Dec 9, 2014, 5:39 PM EST
It’s superficially a good fit.
Dec 5, 2014, 12:21 PM EST
Well, this helps explain why the Orioles backed away.
Dec 4, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
Young is coming off a nice year as a part-time player where he batted .302 with seven home runs and .779 OPS over 255 plate appearances.
Dec 4, 2014, 8:30 AM EST
Oh, he’s a “true professional?” So we have to pay him?
Dec 3, 2014, 9:42 PM EST
Here is Adam Jones’ reaction to the Orioles letting longtime teammate Nick Markakis walk as a free agent …
Dec 3, 2014, 6:21 PM EST
Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports reports that the Braves have agreed to terms on a four-year contract with free agent outfielder Nick Markakis.
Dec 3, 2014, 4:07 PM EST
Will they save the Braves from themselves?
Dec 3, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Nelson Cruz replacement?
Dec 2, 2014, 12:34 PM EST
Baltimore made Markakis a free agent by turning down his $17.5 million option for 2015.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:46 PM EST
The Orioles and Markakis were having serious discussions last month about a four-year deal worth between $10-12 million per season, but little progress has been made since.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
What a concept.
Nov 30, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
It was assumed that the Orioles would try to retain Nick Markakis but they could look elsewhere according to the latest report.
Nov 30, 2014, 12:47 PM EST
According to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, the Orioles recently reached out to the Dodgers to discuss a trade for outfielder Matt Kemp.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 155
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (158)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)