Dec 18, 2014, 8:46 PM EDT
Young, 29, batted .302 with seven home runs and .779 OPS (120 OPS+) over 255 plate appearances this past season.
Dec 17, 2014, 5:08 PM EDT
He is expected to be able to resume baseball activities before Spring Training begins.
Dec 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Markakis’ “fusion surgery” carries with it an expected eight-week recovery timetable.
Dec 13, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
A change in direction doesn’t bother Braves president John Hart.
Dec 9, 2014, 5:39 PM EDT
It’s superficially a good fit.
Dec 5, 2014, 12:21 PM EDT
Well, this helps explain why the Orioles backed away.
Dec 4, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Young is coming off a nice year as a part-time player where he batted .302 with seven home runs and .779 OPS over 255 plate appearances.
Dec 4, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
Oh, he’s a “true professional?” So we have to pay him?
Dec 3, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
Here is Adam Jones’ reaction to the Orioles letting longtime teammate Nick Markakis walk as a free agent …
Dec 3, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports reports that the Braves have agreed to terms on a four-year contract with free agent outfielder Nick Markakis.
Dec 3, 2014, 4:07 PM EDT
Will they save the Braves from themselves?
Dec 3, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz replacement?
Dec 2, 2014, 12:34 PM EDT
Baltimore made Markakis a free agent by turning down his $17.5 million option for 2015.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
The Orioles and Markakis were having serious discussions last month about a four-year deal worth between $10-12 million per season, but little progress has been made since.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
What a concept.
Nov 30, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
It was assumed that the Orioles would try to retain Nick Markakis but they could look elsewhere according to the latest report.
Nov 30, 2014, 12:47 PM EDT
According to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, the Orioles recently reached out to the Dodgers to discuss a trade for outfielder Matt Kemp.
Nov 13, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
Baltimore declined its $17.5 million option on Nick Markakis for 2015, making him a free agent after nine seasons with the Orioles.
Nov 4, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
The 2014 Rawlings Gold Glove Award recipients are being revealed during an hour-long special airing right now (7:00 p.m. ET) on ESPN2. We will list all of the winners here, position-by-position, as they are announced by the Baseball Tonight crew …
Nov 2, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
From beat reporter Roch Kubatko of MASN comes word that the Orioles and impending free agent Nick Markakis have been “talking for weeks” about a new contract and that the current framework of the ongoing negotiations is a four-year deal.
Nov 1, 2014, 6:25 PM EDT
The Orioles declined their half of a mutual option on Nick Markakis on Friday night, but they still want to keep the outfielder in Baltimore.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Nick Markakis is a free agent after the Orioles declined their half of a $17.5 million mutual option for the 2015 season.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 5
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 58
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (248)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)