Nov 4, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
The 2014 Rawlings Gold Glove Award recipients are being revealed during an hour-long special airing right now (7:00 p.m. ET) on ESPN2. We will list all of the winners here, position-by-position, as they are announced by the Baseball Tonight crew …
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Sep 18, 2014, 6:31 PM EST
Arenado has taken a strong step forward during his sophomore season in the majors, batting .287/.328/.500 with 18 home runs and 61 RBI over 111 games.
Sep 16, 2014, 6:53 PM EST
Rockies trainer Keith Dugger told Nick Groke of the Denver Post on Tuesday evening that third baseman Nolan Arenado has been diagnosed with pneumonia and is at home resting while Colorado continues a three-game series against the Dodgers.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Aug 2, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
Michael Cuddyer, dealing with a broken left shoulder socket, could begin a rehab assignment as early as next week.
Jul 3, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
The Rockies are getting Nolan Arenado back from the DL for tonight’s game against the Dodgers and if all goes according to plan for Carlos Gonzalez, he might not be too far behind him.
Jul 3, 2014, 5:18 PM EST
Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado is off the disabled list after being out since late May with a fractured middle finger.
Jul 2, 2014, 7:42 PM EST
D.J. LeMahieu and Troy Tulowitzki teamed up for one of the most aesthetically-pleasing double plays you’ll ever see in the first inning Wednesday evening at Nationals Park …
Jun 26, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Good news for the Rockies in what has been an otherwise awful month: third baseman Nolan Arenado is making progress and could begin a rehab assignment soon.
Jun 24, 2014, 6:28 PM EST
Rockies right-hander Christian Bergman told MLB.com’s Thomas Harding on Monday that his left (non-throwing) hand felt fine 72 hours after being struck by a comebacker in his Friday start against the Brewers. But an MRI has shown otherwise.
Jun 14, 2014, 10:20 AM EST
Yet another injury for the Rockies, this time to their best player.
Jun 9, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki continues to hold the lead in the NL All-Star balloting.
Jun 9, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez will undergo exploratory surgery on his left index finger.
May 30, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado won’t need surgery to repair a left mallet finger fracture.
May 23, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
The Rockies may be without Nolan Arenado for a while.
May 21, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
On HBT Daily yesterday I said Johnny Cueto would give up more than two runs in a game before Masahiro Tanaka got his first loss. Both happened yesterday, but I’m pretty sure the Nats got their third run off Cueto before the Yankees-Cubs game ended, so I’m gonna claim victory.
May 18, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
The Rockies needed a little help from the second base umpire, but they turned a triple play in the third inning on Sunday against the Padres.
May 11, 2014, 4:35 PM EST
Aroldis Chapman made a triumphant return to the Reds’ bullpen Sunday afternoon at Great American Ball Park, earning a save and striking out three in his first appearance of the 2014 regular season.
May 9, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
Nolan Arenado’s quest to break Joe DiMaggio’s MLB record 56-game hitting streak ends at 28.
May 8, 2014, 9:31 PM EST
Nolan Arenado singled in the third inning this evening to extend his hitting streak to 28 games, setting a franchise record in the process.
May 8, 2014, 6:57 AM EST
Miami: kings of the walkoff win.
May 7, 2014, 10:03 PM EST
Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado smacked a first-inning double off Rangers right-hander Colby Lewis on Wednesday evening in Arlington, Texas, extending his hitting streak to 27 games and tying Michael Cuddyer for the longest hitting streak in the 21-year history of the Rockies franchise.
May 7, 2014, 6:39 AM EST
Baseball has been played for 150 years, but a first in Major League history occurred last night.
May 5, 2014, 11:02 PM EST
Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado has the longest hitting streak in the majors this season.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)