Sep 2, 2015, 7:22 PM EDT
Pujols is now just one of four players in the history of Major League Baseball to reach the 35-homer plateau in 10 of his first 15 major league seasons.
Sep 1, 2015, 12:14 PM EDT
Former Rookie of the Year and All-Star closer.
Aug 31, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Jake Arrieta looked great last night. At least during his no-hitter. Afterward? Well, at least he looked comfortable.
Aug 28, 2015, 11:40 PM EDT
Ike Davis recently underwent hip surgery, but is expected to be ready to participate in spring training next year.
Aug 25, 2015, 7:13 AM EDT
A couple of walkoffs and several big, big innings around Major League Baseball last night.
Aug 24, 2015, 3:10 PM EDT
Graveman was acquired from the Blue Jays in the offseason deal for Josh Donaldson.
Aug 22, 2015, 10:37 PM EDT
The Athletics’ ball boy made one of the top defensive plays of the day on Saturday.
Aug 22, 2015, 5:25 PM EDT
Doolittle has been limited to just one appearance with the A’s this season due to a shoulder injury.
Aug 21, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
Ike Davis will undergo season-ending surgery for a torn labrum.
Aug 20, 2015, 7:41 AM EDT
Henry Urrutia played the hero in Baltimore last night.
Aug 19, 2015, 12:40 PM EDT
He’s been more valuable as a mop-up pitcher than as a starting first baseman.
Aug 19, 2015, 7:16 AM EDT
Aug 17, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Pitchers can’t stop Orioles slugger Chris Davis these days, but Athletics outfielder Billy Burns managed to keep him in check tonight.
Aug 17, 2015, 9:22 AM EDT
A relief pitcher, no less. And he walked on four pitches.
Aug 16, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
A’s right-hander Sonny Gray had to be scratched from his last turn in the starting rotation Thursday afternoon against the Blue Jays because of back spasms. But all is well with the Oakland ace …
Aug 15, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
The Athletics will need a starter after optioning Aaron Brooks to Triple-A on Saturday.
Aug 15, 2015, 1:45 PM EDT
The overworked A’s bullpen will welcome Pat Venditte back to the majors on Saturday.
Aug 13, 2015, 3:18 PM EDT
There is none more team hotter than the Blue Jays
Aug 13, 2015, 1:06 PM EDT
Jesse Chavez is filling in.
Aug 9, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
Zack Greinke could hit the market as a free agent if he opts out of his contract, but Dodgers Stan Kasten won’t worry about that until the 2015 season is over.
Alex Gordon takes live batting practice for the first time since suffering groin injury in early July
Aug 9, 2015, 1:44 PM EDT
Royals left fielder Alex Gordon made a significant stride Saturday in his recovery from a Grade 2 left groin strain, taking live batting practice on the field at Kauffman Stadium.
Aug 7, 2015, 6:59 PM EDT
The player to be named later in the Eric O’Flaherty trade is Darwin Frias.
Aug 7, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A walkoff for Ian Kinsler and the Tigers, a possible double-agent fails and then succeeds in the Astros-A’s game and there is evil afoot in Washington and Atlanta.
Aug 6, 2015, 2:16 PM EDT
Aug 6, 2015, 7:37 AM EDT
Luis Severino made his big legaue debut and pitched well but lost. Matt Boyd made his Tigers debut, pitched well and won. There were a bunch of walkoffs too. And what do Ryan Adams and Taylor Swift have to do with any of this?
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)