Jan 27, 2015, 9:54 AM EST
Great Moments in Spring Training Cliches.
Jan 24, 2015, 10:40 PM EST
Tommy Milone underwent neck surgery in December to remove a benign tumor, but he was able to resume throwing just over two weeks later.
Jan 24, 2015, 12:05 PM EST
Abad, 29, posted an excellent 1.57 ERA and 51/15 K/BB ratio across 57 1/3 innings out of Oakland’s bullpen in 2014.
Jan 23, 2015, 6:50 PM EST
Athletics’ closer Sean Doolittle isn’t expected to be ready for Opening Day due to a shoulder injury.
Jan 23, 2015, 4:46 PM EST
Sogard requested $1.425 million and the A’s countered at $900,000.
Jan 23, 2015, 3:38 PM EST
He hit .285 with 15 steals and a .707 OPS in 41 games for the Twins last season.
The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now.
Jan 23, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
I’m sorry, Mr. Calcaterra. All the tests are back. There’s no delicate way to put this, so I’ll just say it. Your team has . . . gravitas.
Jan 22, 2015, 8:36 PM EST
Gomes will likely be used as part of a left field platoon with Atlanta.
Jan 22, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
He spent last season with the Rangers and A’s, being limited to just 24 games while hitting .250 with one homer and a .665 OPS.
Jan 20, 2015, 9:27 PM EST
MLB.com beat writer Mark Bowman reports that the Braves are in pursuit of free agent Jonny Gomes as a potential left-field platoon mate with Zolio Almonte.
Jan 19, 2015, 9:08 AM EST
Ben Zobrist and his wife Julianna thanked Rays fans in a full-page ad for the Tampa Bay Times on Sunday.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 16, 2015, 6:34 PM EST
The White Sox and Jeff Samardzija avoided an arbitration hearing, agreeing on a $9.8 million salary for the 2015 season.
Jan 15, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Oakland and Washington have made an average of one trade every five months for the past four years.
Jan 14, 2015, 7:19 PM EST
The Nationals have reportedly acquired shortstop Yunel Escobar from the Athletics.
Jan 12, 2015, 1:34 PM EST
Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com says he’ll get $2.15 million following a season in which he threw 146 innings with a 3.45 ERA.
Jan 10, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
Josh Reddick openly criticized the logic behind the Josh Donaldson deal, but he’s back on board with Billy Beane’s plan after today’s trade for Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar.
Jan 10, 2015, 1:24 PM EST
Billy Beane’s fascinating offseason continues, as the Athletics have acquired Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar from the Rays.
Jan 7, 2015, 12:51 PM EST
Oakland cut Punto despite owing him $2.75 million for 2015.
Jan 4, 2015, 11:13 AM EST
It’s hard to get a read on James Shields’ market.
Jan 1, 2015, 10:22 AM EST
Max Scherzer is thought to have been out of the Tigers’ price range, but a recent report indicates that the Tigers haven’t ruled out bringing him back.
Dec 27, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
David Ross recently took Rob Bradford of WEEI.com behind the scenes of how he landed a two-year, $5 million contract with the Cubs.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 23, 2014, 8:48 AM EST
And a brief aside about how nostalgia can be toxic.
Dec 22, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
Johnny Cueto is set to become a free agent next offseason, but the Reds have a small window of time to convince their ace to stick around for the long-term.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 0
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 41
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 30
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 95
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (95)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)