Nov 23, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
The Red Sox and Cubs have long been considered the favorites to sign free agent Jon Lester, with the Braves and Cardinals also lingering. But there may be a surprise coming.
Nov 20, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
Could a team that is unloading salary go nine-figures on an outfielder?
Nov 19, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
Gordon Edes of ESPN Boston reported Wednesday morning that the Red Sox had made an offer to free agent starter Jon Lester. And now Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe has been clued in on the terms that were presented …
Nov 19, 2014, 9:23 AM EST
But don’t expect anything to happen quickly.
Nov 18, 2014, 6:25 PM EST
Might the Cardinals be a darkhorse in the Jon Lester sweepstakes? Jim Bowden of ESPN and SiriusXM says they are “in pursuit,” citing a club source.
Nov 18, 2014, 9:53 AM EST
Lester lives in Atlanta. Take that for what it’s worth. Which is something pretty ambiguous.
Nov 18, 2014, 8:45 AM EST
There are some reasons not to believe this. But there are some reasons to believe it too.
Nov 16, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
The Phillies have made a couple of trade proposals to the Red Sox involving starter Cole Hamels but both were rebuffed.
Nov 14, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Former prospect Andy Marte will try to prove himself as a member of a new team in the Korea Baseball Organization.
Nov 14, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
The Royals appear to have thrown their hat in the ring in the battle for free agent Jon Lester’s services.
Nov 12, 2014, 11:26 PM EST
Jon Lester’s agent reportedly met with Red Sox officials Wednesday for an “extended period of time.” The tour will continue to the north side of Chicago.
Nov 12, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
It’s confusing to the kids when divorced parents date.
Nov 11, 2014, 10:48 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Nov 10, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
Jason Hammel faded after a mid-season trade to the Athletics, but that hasn’t stopped him from being a popular target in free agency.
Nov 8, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
The Yankees want to bring Brandon McCarthy back, but the right-hander will wait for the market to play out before making a decision.
Nov 6, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Ramirez, 33, batted .273/.305/.408 with 15 home runs, 73 RBI, and 21 stolen bases over 158 games this season.
Nov 5, 2014, 7:48 PM EST
Josh Donaldson is arbitration-eligible for the first time this winter and is likely to command a big sum of money, but the cost-conscious A’s aren’t even considering trading the star third baseman.
Nov 5, 2014, 4:24 PM EST
The Phillies are rebuilding. But it would be unexpected if they dealt their ace.
Nov 4, 2014, 11:42 PM EST
Hyeon-jong Yang, regarded as the best pitcher in the Korean Baseball Organization, is ready to test himself at the game’s highest level.
Nov 2, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
Jed Lowrie isn’t expected to get a $15.3 million qualifying offer from the Athletics.
Oct 31, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
He was drafted by the Red Sox in 2002 and made 241 starts for Boston.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:24 PM EST
The Fielding Bible Awards are back. And they have an interesting wrinkle this time around.
Oct 28, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Peacock, who was acquired from the A’s as part of the Jed Lowrie/Chris Carter trade in February of 2013, has a 4.90 ERA in 215 innings for the Astros through age 26.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)