Dec 10, 2014, 11:36 AM EST
I think it’s safe to say the Cubs wanted him, don’t you know.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:50 AM EST
The Astros have gotten more to fix their bullpen before 10am than most teams do all day.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:34 AM EST
Houston failed to land free agent relievers Andrew Miller or David Robertson, but the Astros have snagged their No. 3 bullpen target.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
The Cubs got better. The Red Sox’ job just got harder. Jon Lester got paid. Now what happens?
Dec 10, 2014, 1:34 AM EST
Lester will try to bring the North Side its first World Series victory since 1908.
Dec 9, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
After getting passed over by Andrew Miller and David Robertson, the Astros are now talking to Sergio Romo and Luke Gregerson.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:48 PM EST
Bobby Evans has a good sense of humor despite the Giants being passed over by Pablo Sandoval, Yasmany Tomas, and now Jon Lester.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:26 PM EST
The market for Scherzer has been pretty quiet at this week’s Winter Meetings so far, but things will likely heat up once Jon Lester is off the board.
Dec 9, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
It’s reportedly down to the Red Sox or Cubs.
Dec 9, 2014, 9:01 PM EST
Lester is soon expected to have final offers to choose from.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:19 PM EST
For someone who batted just .184 this past season, veteran catcher David Ross is pretty popular right now.
Dec 9, 2014, 7:25 PM EST
Hamels would be a perfectly suitable “Plan B” for the Red Sox or Cubs if they miss out on Jon Lester.
Dec 9, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
The Braves will likely try him at second base, though he can play basically anywhere.
Dec 9, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
An exercise in expectation management? A concession?
Dec 9, 2014, 1:17 PM EST
Samardzija has one season remaining until free agency.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:45 AM EST
Masterson was the Red Sox’s second-round draft pick in 2006.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
The Cubs, Giants, Red Sox and Dodgers are all pushing into high-dollar territory.
Dec 9, 2014, 3:05 AM EST
White Sox set to add a top starter to go along with their new closer.
Dec 9, 2014, 12:42 AM EST
As first reported by USA Today’s Bob Nightengale, the White Sox have agreed to terms on a four-year pact with free agent reliever David Robertson. CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman says it’s worth $46 million.
Dec 9, 2014, 12:35 AM EST
From Joel Sherman of the New York Post comes word that free agent third baseman Chase Headley is planning to agree to a contract with a team by the end of this week’s Winter Meetings in San Diego.
Dec 8, 2014, 11:43 PM EST
The Yankees just made a big commitment to a free agent reliever, signing left-hander Andrew Miller last Friday to a four-year, $36 million contract. But they’re not done addressing the back end of their bullpen.
Dec 8, 2014, 10:50 PM EST
Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports says the A’s front office has been eyeing White Sox infielder Marcus Semien, who could take over at shortstop next year in Oakland with Jed Lowrie departing as a free agent. Multiple prospects would also be headed the A’s way.
Dec 8, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
The Indians officially acquired Brandon Moss from the A’s on Monday afternoon and now have a glut of corner outfield, first base, and designated hitter types, so it’s reasonable to expect that another trade is on the horizon.
Dec 8, 2014, 7:11 PM EST
Color us dubious, but a couple of people are talking about it.
Dec 8, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
He’s a righty who pitched a grand total of four innings in the bigs last year.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 43
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 168
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (168)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)