Dec 8, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Show Jon the money.
Dec 8, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
And after him, it is expected that the dominoes will start to fall.
Dec 8, 2014, 12:21 PM EST
The A’s get back a fairly anonymous infielder.
Dec 8, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Two offseasons ago the Astros traded Jed Lowrie to the A’s for Chris Carter, Brad Peacock, and Max Stassi.
Dec 8, 2014, 11:17 AM EST
They get to keep the prospects received from the A’s, too.
Dec 8, 2014, 8:50 AM EST
Samardzija returning to Chicago?
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 8, 2014, 12:37 AM EST
The Cubs are reportedly close to a deal with free agent pitcher Jason Hammel.
Dec 7, 2014, 11:35 PM EST
The Nationals will make another attempt to lock Jordan Zimmermann up long-term.
Dec 7, 2014, 11:21 AM EST
Scherzer, a Scott Boras client, is a bit younger than Lester and will probably command a slightly bigger contract. The righty is expected to wait until the tail end of the offseason to settle on a team.
Dec 6, 2014, 4:01 PM EST
The Red Sox aren’t messing around.
Dec 6, 2014, 2:11 PM EST
The Giants have set their sights on a replacement for Pablo Sandoval.
Dec 6, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Dempster and Lester were teammates with the Red Sox in 2013 when the team won the World Series.
Dec 5, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Need some pitching? The Marlins have a lot of it and are willing to use a pitcher or two to address other areas of need.
Dec 5, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
Thanks for your input, David.
Dec 4, 2014, 10:23 PM EST
The Athletics have already traded Josh Donaldson and it’s beginning to sound like a foregone conclusion that Moss will follow him out the door.
Dec 4, 2014, 10:05 PM EST
There are four main contenders in the mix for Lester, including the Red Sox, Cubs, Giants and Dodgers.
Dec 4, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
Both players would fit with several teams in part-time duty or in a bench role.
Dec 4, 2014, 10:17 AM EST
Moss is due to make around $7 million via arbitration.
Dec 4, 2014, 7:22 AM EST
He has an opt-out after 2015.
Dec 3, 2014, 10:38 PM EST
The Cubs, Red Sox, and Giants have been called the finalists for free agent left-hander Jon Lester, but talk of a mystery team has been growing. And now that club has apparently been identified.
Dec 3, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
John Hickey of the Bay Area News Group reports that the Indians are trying acquire slugger Brandon Moss from the A’s.
Dec 3, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Lester is expected to sign by the end of this week.
Dec 3, 2014, 7:59 AM EST
If this is true, it wouldn’t be the first time Beane rode a promising player out of town on a rail.
Dec 3, 2014, 12:22 AM EST
A list of all of the new free agents in advance of Tuesday’s midnight deadline.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)