Dec 2, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
From Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish comes word that the Athletics have avoided arbitration with first baseman Ike Davis by agreeing to a one-year, $3.8 million contract for the 2015 season.
Dec 1, 2014, 7:41 PM EST
The Braves shed some salary when they dealt Jason Heyward and Jordan Walden to the Cardinals last month and they could shed even more if they trade Justin Upton, but it appears that they are getting priced out of the mix.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
What a concept.
Dec 1, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
Rumor has it that there will be tea and light conversation.
Nov 30, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
The Blue Jays are looking in the bargain bin to fill their void at second base.
Nov 30, 2014, 9:59 AM EST
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that the Red Sox are among the teams with interest in acquiring starter Jeff Samardzija from the A’s.
Nov 30, 2014, 8:54 AM EST
A’s general manager Billy Beane joined MLB Network by phone on Saturday to discuss the controversial trade that sent Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays for Brett Lawrie and three prospects …
Nov 29, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Josh Donaldson emulated Jose Bautista and it helped him put himself on the map in 2013 with the Athletics.
Nov 29, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
The Athletics will likely have to address their vacant shortstop position via trade as opposed to free agency according to GM Billy Beane.
Nov 29, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
After coming over the Cubs in 2008, Josh Donaldson emerged as a star in Oakland.
Nov 29, 2014, 12:55 PM EST
Busy days for Billy Beane.
Nov 29, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Many were caught off guard by the big Josh Donaldson trade with the Blue Jays last night. Athletics GM Billy Beane did his best to explain his rationale.
Nov 29, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
The Athletics dealt star third baseman Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays last night for Brett Lawrie and three prospects, but general manager Billy Beane isn’t done with reshuffling his roster.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
The Josh Donaldson trade puzzled his now ex-teammate Josh Reddick.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:34 PM EST
The A’s cleared some space on their roster following the Josh Donaldson trade by designating Kyle Blanks and Josh Lindblom for assignment.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:57 PM EST
Brett Lawrie and a couple of minor leaguers are headed to the Athletics in exchange for Josh Donaldson.
Nov 28, 2014, 8:44 PM EST
The Athletics are reportedly close to getting three or four players back in a trade involving starter Jeff Samardzija.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
“Their interest in the lefty appears as much opportunistic as enthusiastic.”
Nov 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
A couple more options have appeared on the Marlins’ radar for an upgrade at first base.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Max Scherzer, a client of Scott Boras, seems comfortable with slow-playing this market. We’ve seen loads of rumors and reports involving the other prominent free agent ace, Jon Lester, but it’s hard to identify which teams are in the running at the moment for Max. The Giants may be one …
Nov 25, 2014, 3:46 PM EST
Based on what we know at the moment, the Cubs’ offer is the richest one out there.
Nov 24, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
The Phillies have another potential suitor for Cole Hamels, as the Dodgers have joined the Red Sox in the mix.
Nov 24, 2014, 1:55 PM EST
The parts match up.
Nov 24, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
It’s easy to say “it didn’t work before, so it won’t work this time,” but doing so is to misread the current situation with the Boston Red Sox.
Nov 24, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
It could happen. It could happen as early as today, folks.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)