Dec 7, 2014, 11:35 PM EST
The Nationals will make another attempt to lock Jordan Zimmermann up long-term.
Dec 7, 2014, 11:21 AM EST
Scherzer, a Scott Boras client, is a bit younger than Lester and will probably command a slightly bigger contract. The righty is expected to wait until the tail end of the offseason to settle on a team.
Dec 6, 2014, 4:01 PM EST
The Red Sox aren’t messing around.
Dec 6, 2014, 2:11 PM EST
The Giants have set their sights on a replacement for Pablo Sandoval.
Dec 6, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Dempster and Lester were teammates with the Red Sox in 2013 when the team won the World Series.
Dec 5, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Need some pitching? The Marlins have a lot of it and are willing to use a pitcher or two to address other areas of need.
Dec 5, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
Thanks for your input, David.
Dec 4, 2014, 10:23 PM EST
The Athletics have already traded Josh Donaldson and it’s beginning to sound like a foregone conclusion that Moss will follow him out the door.
Dec 4, 2014, 10:05 PM EST
There are four main contenders in the mix for Lester, including the Red Sox, Cubs, Giants and Dodgers.
Dec 4, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
Both players would fit with several teams in part-time duty or in a bench role.
Dec 4, 2014, 10:17 AM EST
Moss is due to make around $7 million via arbitration.
Dec 4, 2014, 7:22 AM EST
He has an opt-out after 2015.
Dec 3, 2014, 10:38 PM EST
The Cubs, Red Sox, and Giants have been called the finalists for free agent left-hander Jon Lester, but talk of a mystery team has been growing. And now that club has apparently been identified.
Dec 3, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
John Hickey of the Bay Area News Group reports that the Indians are trying acquire slugger Brandon Moss from the A’s.
Dec 3, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Lester is expected to sign by the end of this week.
Dec 3, 2014, 7:59 AM EST
If this is true, it wouldn’t be the first time Beane rode a promising player out of town on a rail.
Dec 3, 2014, 12:22 AM EST
A list of all of the new free agents in advance of Tuesday’s midnight deadline.
Dec 2, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
From Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish comes word that the Athletics have avoided arbitration with first baseman Ike Davis by agreeing to a one-year, $3.8 million contract for the 2015 season.
Dec 1, 2014, 7:41 PM EST
The Braves shed some salary when they dealt Jason Heyward and Jordan Walden to the Cardinals last month and they could shed even more if they trade Justin Upton, but it appears that they are getting priced out of the mix.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
What a concept.
Dec 1, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
Rumor has it that there will be tea and light conversation.
Nov 30, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
The Blue Jays are looking in the bargain bin to fill their void at second base.
Nov 30, 2014, 9:59 AM EST
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that the Red Sox are among the teams with interest in acquiring starter Jeff Samardzija from the A’s.
Nov 30, 2014, 8:54 AM EST
A’s general manager Billy Beane joined MLB Network by phone on Saturday to discuss the controversial trade that sent Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays for Brett Lawrie and three prospects …
Nov 29, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Josh Donaldson emulated Jose Bautista and it helped him put himself on the map in 2013 with the Athletics.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)