Feb 22, 2015, 6:36 PM EDT
Gregg Zaun didn’t really back down from the pro-hazing comments he made recently.
Feb 21, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
As usual, teams in general won at a slightly better rate than players in arbitration hearings. 2014 saw the most arbitration hearings since 2001.
Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect.
Feb 20, 2015, 12:31 PM EDT
You know, like Cal Ripken did to Zaun.
Feb 13, 2015, 8:48 PM EDT
Adam Ottavino is one of a growing number of pitchers who rely on Sabermetric analysis sites like FanGraphs to make adjustments.
Feb 13, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Blanton held an open workout for interested teams earlier this month.
Feb 11, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
As first reported by MLB.com’s Jane Lee, the A’s have avoided arbitration with reliever Tyler Clippard by agreeing to a one-year, $8.3 million deal.
Feb 10, 2015, 9:03 AM EDT
The disease has dogged him for three years now.
Feb 8, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Despite losing Jeff Samardzija, Jon Lester, and Jason Hammel, the Athletics do not have a deficit of starting pitching, and they figure to get two more back from the disabled list in June.
Feb 8, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
Sean Doolittle has a “slight” tear of his rotator cuff, but isn’t expected to miss much time in April.
Feb 7, 2015, 11:41 AM EDT
Parker, 26, missed the entire 2014 season after undergoing the second Tommy John surgery of his career.
Feb 6, 2015, 7:41 AM EDT
We’ve gotten used to this look from Butler. His new look? Not so much.
Feb 1, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
Jeff Samardzija wants to see “how it is” with the White Sox for half a season, but might consider a contract extension before the 2015 season is over.
Jan 27, 2015, 9:54 AM EDT
Great Moments in Spring Training Cliches.
Jan 24, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
Tommy Milone underwent neck surgery in December to remove a benign tumor, but he was able to resume throwing just over two weeks later.
Jan 24, 2015, 12:05 PM EDT
Abad, 29, posted an excellent 1.57 ERA and 51/15 K/BB ratio across 57 1/3 innings out of Oakland’s bullpen in 2014.
Jan 23, 2015, 6:50 PM EDT
Athletics’ closer Sean Doolittle isn’t expected to be ready for Opening Day due to a shoulder injury.
Jan 23, 2015, 4:46 PM EDT
Sogard requested $1.425 million and the A’s countered at $900,000.
Jan 23, 2015, 3:38 PM EDT
He hit .285 with 15 steals and a .707 OPS in 41 games for the Twins last season.
The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now.
Jan 23, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
I’m sorry, Mr. Calcaterra. All the tests are back. There’s no delicate way to put this, so I’ll just say it. Your team has . . . gravitas.
Jan 22, 2015, 8:36 PM EDT
Gomes will likely be used as part of a left field platoon with Atlanta.
Jan 22, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
He spent last season with the Rangers and A’s, being limited to just 24 games while hitting .250 with one homer and a .665 OPS.
Jan 20, 2015, 9:27 PM EDT
MLB.com beat writer Mark Bowman reports that the Braves are in pursuit of free agent Jonny Gomes as a potential left-field platoon mate with Zolio Almonte.
Jan 19, 2015, 9:08 AM EDT
Ben Zobrist and his wife Julianna thanked Rays fans in a full-page ad for the Tampa Bay Times on Sunday.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 16, 2015, 6:34 PM EDT
The White Sox and Jeff Samardzija avoided an arbitration hearing, agreeing on a $9.8 million salary for the 2015 season.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 20
- Mets acquire center fielder Carlos Gomez from Brewers 40
- Rangers “close to getting” Phillies ace Cole Hamels 55
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 65
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)