Sep 18, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
The only thing more painful than hitting rock bottom is thinking you’ve hit it, only to find out there’s still more room to sink.
Sep 18, 2014, 6:37 AM EST
The Angels clinch, the A’s clench.
Sep 17, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
This year he hit .264 with nine homers and a .767 OPS in 99 games, including 47 starts at catcher.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Beer showers on the Beltway as the Nats and Orioles both clinch
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EST
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Sep 14, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
The Athletics changed up their starting rotation order so that Sonny Gray lines up to pitch the final game of the season on the road against the Rangers.
Sep 13, 2014, 2:57 PM EST
Milone has struggled to the tune of a 7.40 ERA and 12/11 K/BB ratio in 20 2/3 innings over his first five starts with Minnesota.
Sep 13, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a crucial series in the AL Wild Card race.
Sep 12, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
They need him.
Sep 11, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Earlier this week A’s catcher/designated hitter John Jaso was believed to be on the verge of returning from an August concussion, albeit in a limited bench role, but now those plans have been scrapped.
Sep 10, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Oakland manager Bob Melvin told Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle on Wednesday that closer Sean Doolittle, who has been sidelined since August 24 with a strained intercostal muscle, is on track to be activated from the disabled list Friday.
Sep 10, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
A’s outfielder Craig Gentry suffered a concussion Tuesday night when he collided with White Sox second baseman Carlos Sanchez while trying to beat out a bunt single.
Sep 10, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Multiple industry sources say the Cubs are targeting Lester and will make a run at him this winter, trying to set a foundation piece in the rebuild at Clark and Addison.
Sep 10, 2014, 6:50 AM EST
Yusmeiro Petit was a study in efficiency as the Giants solidified their hold on the top wild card slot in the National League and pulled to within two and a half of the Dodgers.
Sep 9, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
“That is absolutely something that is on my list.”
Sep 9, 2014, 2:04 PM EST
Surely this will turn things around for the free-falling A’s.
Sep 9, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
A’s reliever Jesse Chavez literally walked off the field as soon as the pitch was hit.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 8, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
He’s hoping to come off the concussion disabled list later this week.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 6, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
#2 hitters don’t often accrue 100 RBI, but Mike Trout will accomplish the feat soon.
Sep 6, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
The slumping Athletics appeared to be well on their way to another loss, but put together a three-run ninth inning to work off victors against the Astros on Saturday.
Sep 6, 2014, 4:20 PM EST
Sean Doolittle threw a 20-pitch bullpen on Saturday morning and will travel with the Athletics to Chicago on Monday, which may indicate he could be activated during the week.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 22
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 77
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (78)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)