Mar 10, 2015, 5:35 PM EDT
In spring training, everything good is wonderful, everything bad is terrible.
Mar 7, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
Athletics outfielder Josh Reddick was scratched from yesterday’s lineup with a right oblique strain and the injury could keep him sidelined for the start of the season.
Mar 6, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Kotchman was the Angels’ first-round pick in 2001 and played 10 seasons in the majors for seven different teams, most recently with the Marlins in 2013.
Mar 6, 2015, 12:39 PM EDT
He’s been injured the last two seasons. He’s not starting 2015 out much better.
Mar 5, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Money is money, man.
Mar 4, 2015, 11:47 AM EDT
The move leaves Craig Gentry and Sam Fuld to platoon in center field.
Mar 4, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Now that David Price is out of the picture the Rays need a new Opening Day starter.
Mar 2, 2015, 5:12 PM EDT
Seems a bit light as far as these things go.
Feb 28, 2015, 5:28 PM EDT
Athletics outfielder Coco Crisp missed more than a week down the stretch in 2012 due to pinkeye and now he’s dealing with it again.
Feb 27, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
For the second time this offseason, the Athletics have claimed Alex Hassan off waivers.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“The only way he is really going to help us is in the bullpen.”
Feb 26, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
It’s been two and a half years, but it still leaves a “dirty taste” in his mouth.
Feb 24, 2015, 9:25 AM EDT
After sitting out 2014, a slimmed-down Blanton is back.
Feb 22, 2015, 6:36 PM EDT
Gregg Zaun didn’t really back down from the pro-hazing comments he made recently.
Feb 21, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
As usual, teams in general won at a slightly better rate than players in arbitration hearings. 2014 saw the most arbitration hearings since 2001.
Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect.
Feb 20, 2015, 12:31 PM EDT
You know, like Cal Ripken did to Zaun.
Feb 13, 2015, 8:48 PM EDT
Adam Ottavino is one of a growing number of pitchers who rely on Sabermetric analysis sites like FanGraphs to make adjustments.
Feb 13, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Blanton held an open workout for interested teams earlier this month.
Feb 11, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
As first reported by MLB.com’s Jane Lee, the A’s have avoided arbitration with reliever Tyler Clippard by agreeing to a one-year, $8.3 million deal.
Feb 10, 2015, 9:03 AM EDT
The disease has dogged him for three years now.
Feb 8, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Despite losing Jeff Samardzija, Jon Lester, and Jason Hammel, the Athletics do not have a deficit of starting pitching, and they figure to get two more back from the disabled list in June.
Feb 8, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
Sean Doolittle has a “slight” tear of his rotator cuff, but isn’t expected to miss much time in April.
Feb 7, 2015, 11:41 AM EDT
Parker, 26, missed the entire 2014 season after undergoing the second Tommy John surgery of his career.
Feb 6, 2015, 7:41 AM EDT
We’ve gotten used to this look from Butler. His new look? Not so much.
Feb 1, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
Jeff Samardzija wants to see “how it is” with the White Sox for half a season, but might consider a contract extension before the 2015 season is over.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 67
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)