Oct 11, 2014, 12:34 AM EST
Alex Gordon and Mike Moustakas both homered in the top of the 10th inning, giving the Royals a three-run lead as they attempt to take Game 1 of the ALCS from the Orioles.
Oct 10, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
James Shields vs. Chris Tillman.
Oct 9, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
Infante has been battling a nagging shoulder issue for most of the year.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:51 AM EST
Some thoughts on the Royals’ plans as they get ready to battle the Orioles.
Oct 5, 2014, 11:18 PM EST
The Royals have swept the Angels out of the playoffs. They’ll move on to face the Orioles in the ALCS.
Oct 5, 2014, 4:22 PM EST
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Angels-Royals series in Kansas City …
Oct 4, 2014, 1:31 AM EST
Eric Hosmer was the hero for the Royals on Friday night, when he broke a 1-1 tie in the 11th inning with a two-run home run. The Royals are now up 2-0 in the ALDS against the Angels.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:19 PM EST
Yordano Ventura vs. Matt Shoemaker.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:26 AM EST
Including their win over the A’s in the Wild Card Game, the Royals are just the third team to begin the playoffs with two extra-inning wins.
Oct 2, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
David Freese now has eight career postseason home runs.
Oct 2, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
Jered Weaver vs. Jason Vargas.
Sep 30, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
Some surprises for Oakland. Zero surprises for Kansas City.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates light a victory cigar as they clinch their second straight playoff appearance.
Sep 22, 2014, 6:43 PM EST
The Royals made it interesting, but the Indians hung on for a 4-3 victory.
Sep 20, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
This was a day of missed opportunities for the Royals.
Sep 16, 2014, 12:09 AM EST
Pinch-runners Jarrod Dyson and Terrance Gore proved to be the difference in a thrilling win for Kansas City.
Aug 28, 2014, 9:42 PM EST
Every time Alex Gordon steps to the plate at Kauffman Stadium these days, fans chant, “M-V-P, M-V-P,” which is fascinating on so many levels.
Aug 20, 2014, 2:58 PM EST
Joe Posnanski says the Royals’ plan is finally falling into place and has their fans believing they can get back to the glory days of the 1970s.
Aug 20, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
A bases-loaded walk helped the Tigers win a game. A walkoff plunking gave the Cardinals the win. And the crew in Chicago couldn’t get a tarp on the field. Can anyone around here play this game anymore?
Aug 1, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
The Royals just had an infuriating trade deadline day.
Jun 30, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
Clayton Kershaw continues to dominate. And the Dodgers find themselves in a virtual tie for first place in the NL West.
May 30, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
One of the rarer plays in baseball, Jose Bautista has made a 9-3 putout in consecutive games.
May 30, 2014, 6:48 AM EST
A gem from Josh Collmenter, an ugly dud from the Braves and a horrible, horrible bit of stream of consciousness from me about what would happen if the season ended today.
May 13, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
After sitting out the past week while being day-to-day with a back injury second baseman Omar Infante is headed to the disabled list and the Royals have called up Pedro Ciriaco from Triple-A to take his place on the roster.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 48
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)