Feb 21, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
Ben Cherington will serve as the GM of the Red Sox beyond the 2015 season, according to a report.
Feb 21, 2015, 11:09 AM EST
The Red Sox have extended Farrell’s contract through 2017 with an option for 2018.
Feb 18, 2015, 9:41 PM EST
Red Sox manager John Farrell could be getting a new contract this spring. Sean McAdam of CSN New England has the report …
Feb 18, 2015, 8:28 AM EST
Is it possible Pablo Sandoval is out of shape? Sure. But maybe we should wait for the Red Sox to say so before slamming the guy.
Feb 13, 2015, 9:40 PM EST
Hanley Ramirez is happy to be back with the Red Sox, the team that originally signed him.
Feb 12, 2015, 2:14 PM EST
He asked for $5.4 million and the Giants countered at $4 million.
Feb 9, 2015, 10:31 AM EST
A total of 11 free agents topped $50 million.
Jan 11, 2015, 9:10 PM EST
Red Sox fans are likely to see Hanley Ramirez cleaning up in the batting order in 2015.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 21, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
Marco Scutaro’s 2014 season was tarnished by a chronic back ailment. The Giants’ training staff is preparing an update on the 39-year-old and it may not be good news.
Dec 20, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
The Giants reportedly have no plans to attempt to initiate contract talk with free agent Max Scherzer.
Dec 19, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Giants are looking to solve their third base dilemma with Casey McGehee.
Dec 16, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Some trade candidates include Lonnie Chisenhall of the Indians, Casey McGehee of the Marlins, and Will Middlebrooks of the Red Sox.
Dec 15, 2014, 10:55 AM EST
The Yankees get — well, keep — their man.
Dec 15, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Headley is expected to make his decision soon.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:48 PM EST
Bobby Evans has a good sense of humor despite the Giants being passed over by Pablo Sandoval, Yasmany Tomas, and now Jon Lester.
Dec 6, 2014, 2:11 PM EST
The Giants have set their sights on a replacement for Pablo Sandoval.
Dec 2, 2014, 4:50 PM EST
Boston claimed Francisco off waivers from Toronto on November 19.
Dec 2, 2014, 4:01 PM EST
They won’t go beyond four years, says a source.
Dec 1, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
Rumor has it that there will be tea and light conversation.
Nov 26, 2014, 10:04 PM EST
Here’s the farewell Instagram post from third baseman Pablo Sandoval, who signed a five-year, $98 million free agent contract with the Red Sox earlier this week …
Nov 26, 2014, 9:13 AM EST
So who plays third base?
Nov 26, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
It’s like clockwork. A team signs a big free agent or two and someone argues that baseball is doomed without a salary cap. It’s always baloney, of course.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Max Scherzer, a client of Scott Boras, seems comfortable with slow-playing this market. We’ve seen loads of rumors and reports involving the other prominent free agent ace, Jon Lester, but it’s hard to identify which teams are in the running at the moment for Max. The Giants may be one …
Nov 25, 2014, 6:38 PM EST
The Red Sox have officially introduced Hanley Ramirez and his new four-year, $88 million pact. Juan Francisco was DFA’d in the process.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)